It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is God?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

This would also make God both "The Evil that men do" as well as "The Love that men share".

Would you agree??

which makes god kind of ambiguous as a source of hope. almost as ambiguous as the species that created him.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

Hi. I see that you've observed some of the problems in today's world, and thus asked: "Where is God?" Indeed, will God ever take action and do something about all the suffering and injustice we see so prevalent in the world today? Here's what the Bible teaches:

The Bible shows that God never intended for humans to suffer, nor was death a part of his original purpose. (Genesis 2:7-9, 15-17) On the contrary, his purpose was for humans to live forever on earth among Paradise conditions. However, looking at the current conditions on earth, clearly something went wrong. So what happened? Sadly, the first human couple, Adam and Eve, misused their free will and chose to reject God's guidance. They believed that they would be better off pursuing their own will instead of God's. (Genesis 3:1-6, 22:24) Consequently, we now experience the results of their poor decision.

There is good news, though. Soon, by means of a Kingdom he has established in heaven, Jehovah will eliminate all suffering and those who cause it. (Daniel 2:44; Psalm 37:10, 11) Regarding God's Kingdom, Jesus told others about it, and he foretold that his followers would do the same: "This good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come." (Matthew 24:14) Today, Jehovah's Witnesses are preaching this good news of the Kingdom—what the Kingdom is and what it will do—in over 230 lands around the world, in some 700 languages. Those who respond favorably to this good news by bringing their lives in harmony with God's will will be given the opportunity of living forever on a paradise earth, just as Jehovah had originally purposed.—Acts 10:34, 35; Psalm 37:29.

Anyways, if you, or anyone reading this, would like to learn more about Jehovah God and what the Bible really teaches, then I recommend visiting jw.org (Go to BIBLE TEACHINGS > BIBLE QUESTIONS ANSWERED).

- Why Does God Allow Suffering?

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Mikej

perhaps you missed it:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Mikej

In regard to the link, why does God allow suffering; It really makes no sense. Some would say that it is to contrast between good and evil. For instance, good cannot be known unless there is evil to compare it to. Others would say it was God's will that folks would be allowed to suffer. Without suffering, one wouldn't need to rely on God.

I've been through most the arguments, at some point in my faith, I've even used them. But the thing I could never answer was, why God would create beings, just to watch them suffer, to have faith in God. Then in their faith, call them to more suffering.

Parents, when they create their offspring, would die to protect their children. Parents would do near anything to save their children from pain and suffering. Then why would God, the creator of all things, allow such horrible fates to fall on his created?

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

Where is God?

The question first of all is far more a paradox than asking a
masked man who he is.

Am I Gods keeper?

Or do you just sit in judgement of God, because this doesn't
sound legit.

I wonder where this loving God is that the bible speaks of.

That's right I said it.

But I will say this about the question.

The universe itself, has far to many places that I will
never see for me to proclaim in my arrogance, God does
not exist. Or for that matter that, God is not here or,
that's where he is. People right here in this thread say things
like, belief in God is insanity. But don't understand the insanity
of thinking they can know he doesn't. Let alone how insane they
look saying it as if they know. But for me to decide all willy nilly
if God exists and where he might be? First thing I'd look for is some
kind of communiction from him. Hey, whadda ya know? There is
something in this world that fits that description.

You either believe in him or you don't, but either way, you have no
right to judge him.

If the Bible is correct, I live a life that is preordained by an omniscient God. So does every human being on this planet. So did God create man, just to kill some and let others live? To make some suffer, and others live successfully? Why does God create a 5 year old, only to have them murder before they ever get a chance to make an impact on the world?

Those type of questions give humanity every right to question their potential creator.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Whatever one concludes about God’s apparent apathy to suffering it still is very logical that something created existence.

So maybe with all this bad publicity for God there is some hope.

Indeed, one answer to this suffering question, though it is not sufficient to most, is the doctrine of the hereafter, which is THE GREAT DAY OF JUDGEMENT, where God does make an appearance FINALLY and sets things aright.

Separates the good from the evil and rewards the good and punishes the bad.

I guess that's all we got folks.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

A great day of judgment meant to right all wrongs. Which I could understand if an Omnipotent God had complete control all along. Why create something, just to send some to hell, and others to paradise.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   

We’ll according to some religious doctrines hell IS NOT ETERNAL it’s a form of purification.

It’s the existential result of denying certain spiritual realities.

The doctrine is long forgotten by people

....Also according to this doctrine humans are eternal so a few years in this world of suffering in relationship to eternity in that context seems reasonable

edit on 15-1-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
btw, something recently told me God is present in the heart of the Children.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Those type of questions give humanity every right to question their potential creator.

No they don't. Because questions don't provide rights to more questions.
Especially seeing that humanity doesn't really know it's ass from a hole in
the ground in the first place.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Sure they do. They are questions that are reasonable and genuine for anyone to ask. It's not asking such questions that keeps humanity from knowing it's ass from a hole in the ground not the other way around.

People once drilled holes in their heads to let the evil spirits out when they were ill. Thankfully someone finally questioned whether that was a good idea.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

If the Creator did not want his creations to pose questions, why did he give his creations the ability to pose questions?

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

speak for yourself, mister.

i hope you plan on attending confessional this week because i see no neighborly love in that post.

hypocrite.
edit on 17-1-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

The ability to pose questions isn't all he gave us.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Now now, I see no reason to stop being a lady,

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

So people drilling holes in their heads doesn't prove my point?
Hello, but thats maniacal and you've just proved it valid, even today.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Now now, I see no reason to stop being a lady,

maybe you see reason to start acting like a christian.

instead of just talking about it.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

maybe you see reason to start acting like a christian.

You poor poor soul, you really have no idea!

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

So people drilling holes in their heads doesn't prove my point?
Hello, but thats maniacal and you've just proved it valid, even today.

No that doesn't prove your point. Because trying to Pray away your sickness is just as pointless as drilling holes in your head although less painful I imagine. But that is the kind of medical science you have when you believe your illness is being caused by evil spirits in your head. Someone questioned that idea finally and now we have Advil.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Even if men drilling holes in their heads, doesn't prove
man doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground? Or
a hole in his head for that matter? The list of examples
goes to infinity and really isn't even arguable.

" I know of only two things that go to infinity. The
universe and the stupidity of man. I'm just not completely
sure about the universe".

Albert Einstien

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join