It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is God?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

Does the bible not teach you of the false prophet and the anti-christ and those who are given power as kings in the anti-christ's kingdom for a day?

These things should strengthen you when you see them, because they were told to you from times of old that these things must surely come to pass before the Day of the Lord.

Now, you will begin to see the truth. God is real. The bible did not lie. And repentance is what is needed.. for you to be saved.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
In many cases I think people question God's existence as a result of conveniently forgetting the coexistence of a very powerful Devil. Ironic too, if you think about it, since that is exactly what satan would want, isn't it? Don't lose faith, my friend. I have seen bad, but I have seen so much good as well.
reply to: EternalSolace

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: op3nmind
In many cases I think people question God's existence as a result of conveniently forgetting the coexistence of a very powerful Devil. Ironic too, if you think about it, since that is exactly what satan would want, isn't it? Don't lose faith, my friend. I have seen bad, but I have seen so much good as well.
reply to: EternalSolace

satan is the emmanuel goldstein of christianity.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
We are all God. Cogs in a machine, fit together in perfect harmony.

Would you read a story with no conflict? No, it would be boring as hell. We/God create conflict because 1. It's interesting 2. It's something to fill the time of eternity 3. There is such thing as perpetual motion: Opposition 4. The greater the Opposition within a system, the greater the yield of that system

The people doing 'bad' things are not as spiritually advanced as those who do 'good' things. You are asking these questions, so say you're in "Junior High". Say Boko Haram was in "Kindergarten". Think of it as a "Well bless your heart" moment (I'm from Texas- that's what you say to someone being a jackass aka sarcasm). You should want to pat them on the head with pity. Everything everyone does will come back on them tenfold, and not necessarily in this lifetime. For every girl a Boko Haram member rapes....he will come back for at least one lifetime as a rape victim. When Kanye West stood up in his concert and refused to perform until the handicapped audience members had to prove they were handicapped and couldn't stand for him.....he just bought himself AT LEAST one lifetime being handicapped

This is my humble opinion and I claim to know no facts on the matter. My mind is an empty bowl.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
“Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one”
“If there is a God, he is within. You don't ask God to give you things, you depend on God for your inner theme.”
― Bruce Lee

Yea, the original wasn't so loving till Jesus came, so yea, only God could of forgave sin which probably never happened, till before Jesus. Sums it up in a nutshell really.
edit on 14-1-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Oh boy, here we go again...

God took day off, witch reminds me of prophet George Carlin and his brilliant stand up prayer...

Just as late George, I decided to worship sun.

Jokes aside, I am really amazed that some people can think after years of cruel torture with religious non-sense. I never had similar problem and was only in my late childhood introduced to angry fatherly figure in sky, and to this day, many years later I still can't understand why people believe in all that non-sense and how do they explain simple things just like OP asked...

You have just to love all those 'god is within you' answers, witch would change in instant if you say you are gay or transgender...

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: SuperFrog

You have just to love all those 'god is within you' answers, witch would change in instant if you say you are gay or transgender...

Not at all.
We are all servants of god. As a cell in your left nipple is a servant to you.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: OneManArmy

Not at all.

Right...

www.wflx.com...

www.cbsnews.com...

All handy work of 'believers'...

BTW, tell that to Westboro's members...

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Not at all.

Right...

www.wflx.com...

www.cbsnews.com...

All handy work of 'believers'...

BTW, tell that to Westboro's members...

Oh, you mean the handy work of brainwashed bigots?

There are plenty of those "blind followers" of every "ideology".
Did you see the queues for the last iPhone?
Or the footage of black friday?
Is religion to blame for that?

The fact is, all of us do stupid things throughout our life, some of us learn from those stupid mistakes, some of us dont.
The only thing common in all the acts of stupidity or misguided faith is people. Not books, not politics, not religion. But the creator of those things.... us.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

With all respect for everybody... just like the intentions of the OP. The only thing I can make of such tragedies and its purpose is that we all die. The only question is in what way and when.

Maybe it is Gods choice to decide how and when is His way to teach a last valuable lesson on this planet... and will the people who die eventually be grateful for the death they experianced. Dying can probably be the most valuable lesson there is... if God Judge that someone needs such a lesson.

Maybe some people died a certain horrible way because they simply deserved it and will for eternity know what not to do to an other human being. That is if there is an afterlife of course..

Just some thoughts...

edit on 14/1/2015 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: zatara

Maybe some people died a certain horrible way because they simply deserved it and will for eternity know what not to do to an other human being. That is if there is an afterlife of course..

Just some thoughts...

Thats all good and well, until you apply it to children. How does a child deserve leukaemia?
How does a child deserve being born blind?
Only reincarnation can be used to explain that away as "karma". ie the person must have been bad in a past life in order to deserve it.
I dont know, none of us do. Really.

Thats

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

The fact is, all of us do stupid things throughout our life, some of us learn from those stupid mistakes, some of us dont.
The only thing common in all the acts of stupidity or misguided faith is people. Not books, not politics, not religion. But the creator of those things.... us.

So we can agree that creators of those things, including religion as well God is us, humans??

That is close to what I came up growing without religion. To me religion from ancient time was there to control, manipulate and oppress.

While there is no single shred for any evidence in existence of many Gods we human created, there is plenty of evidence of evolution of religion, and how more effective with time it become, to point that people would kill others just for their ideological belief?!

Just to note, those people are not 'stupid', they are just under impression they are correct/right... Some of them are very smart...
edit on 14-1-2015 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Hunab Ku resides in The Octave.

Edit: How could God allow a calamity? She has nothing to do with it.
edit on 10/13/2014 by JimNasium because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

So we can agree that creators of those things, including religion as well God is us, humans??

That is close to what I came up growing without religion. To me religion from ancient time was there to control, manipulate and oppress.

While there is no single shred for any of many Gods we human created, there is plenty of evidence of evolution of religion, and how more effective with time it become, to point that people would kill others just for their ideological belief?!

Just to note, those people are not 'stupid', they are just under impression they are correct/right... Some of them are very smart...

Even our smartest people can be wrong or even stupid at times. For we are only human and to err is human.
People are generally good people, we are victims of our environment. And our emotions and ego's. None of which has anything to do with god.

We are not gods, we are creators, but we are not gods.
We are the quarks, in the atom that form the molecules that make up the earth, that is part of the solar system, that is part of the milky way, that is part of the local cluster of galaxies, which is a part of the greater visible universe, which is a part of God.

Everything is a cog in the grand scheme of existence, each smaller part just a jigsaw piece in the grand symphony that is the known(and unknown) universe.

The universe exists, life exists, universal constants exist, therefore to me at least, God(the designer of the material universe) exists. I could well be wrong.
edit on 20151America/Chicago01pm1pmWed, 14 Jan 2015 15:05:47 -06000115 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: OneManArmy

Yeah, thats a difficult one... If any of what I previous wrote has any truth you can agree that God works in mysterious ways...

The only thing I can make of a child suffering is that the child agreed before it was born to be part of the lesson for its parents to deal with it.

If dwelling on Earth in the flesh is a lesson for the eternal soul I can hardly understand what lesson there is to be learned when living your life as a blind person. Maybe that is a good question to ask a blind person...and maybe I will when I meet one. I will ask that person what he or she consider valuable and we, the seeing people miss out and will not understand unless being blind ourselves. Maybe that answer goes into the direction of finding inner peace with being dependent on and trusting strangers.

I agree that this whole subject is very difficult to grasp and like anybody else I am just guessing and speculating... Will we ever know?

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Eladria

I understand what you're saying but I'm not sure if I'm able to agree with the "Intervention" aspect you talk about. If we are using God in the Omnipresent context then there would not be any intervention at all, ever. To do so would mean God intervening upon himself/herself/itself. It would be this way regardless of magnitude too. Whether it is God stopping an asteroid from hitting a planet or fixing the wing of a butterfly. If God is all, past present, good bad, pain pleasure, etc. that is a position of perfect balance and equilibrium where no change is done by God since he already represents all possible results.

Now, I have no trouble with this interpretation of God being Everything as I've said. Once God is everywhere there is no longer a question of "Where is God" obviously and with it any question of "Why God..." did or didn't do whatever no longer matters either. All questions dealing with God and "Why" simply become "Because that's just how it is".

So in the context of the OP asking "Where is God", meaning "Where is God during all these horrible events", asking such a question is pointless and obvious. God being everything, God is both the Victim and the Victimizer as well as everything else. This would also make God both "The Evil that men do" as well as "The Love that men share".

Would you agree??
edit on 14-1-2015 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
This would also make God both "The Evil that men do" as well as "The Love that men share".

Would you agree??

You wasnt asking me, but I would agree completely. That is the result of free will. The human condition as a society is a result of where we let that free will take us.
And besides if God is the Alpha and Omega, then everything else is his/her/its creation. Including good and evil. Including gays, including mass murderers and dictators, including satanists and paedophiles.
Including viruses and bacteria. Everything.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

The thing about the concept of God is this:

Is God a conceptual idea of some sort, such as a symbol, or is he or she or it actually some kind of being (entity) or both?

People wonder, understandably, if God is a being then what’s up with all this pain and evil in the world he suppose to control?

I have no answers just an opinion that God is a state of consciousness that involves evolutionary “perfection or completion” and that he IS NOT a being with hands and feet and arms and legs or any kind of anthropomorphic entity.

A human can become “God” by attaining this High consciousness. To me that is the real meaning of Christianity

an•thro•po•mor•phic
anthropomorphic
relating to or characterized by anthropomorphism.
having human characteristics

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: OneManArmy

Exactly. In fact even using the term "God" then becomes useless because in this Concept of God anything and everything you could ever speak of could also be said simply as "God". Like in the movie "Being John Malcovich" where he enters his own mind and everyone he sees both male and female are all him and every word being said by all the John Malcovich's is just "Malcovich".

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then He is not omnipotent.
Is He able, but not willing? Then He is malevolent.
Is He both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is He neither able nor willing? Then why call Him God?

Epicurus

God isn't a real thing, it's a formless concept that makes no sense to the sensible.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join