It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is God?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: EternalSolace

Where is God?

The question first of all is far more a paradox than asking a
masked man who he is.

Am I Gods keeper?

Or do you just sit in judgement of God, because this doesn't
sound legit.

I wonder where this loving God is that the bible speaks of.

That's right I said it.

But I will say this about the question.

The universe itself, has far to many places that I will
never see for me to proclaim in my arrogance, God does
not exist. Or for that matter that, God is not here or,
that's where he is. People right here in this thread say things
like, belief in God is insanity. But don't understand the insanity
of thinking they can know he doesn't. Let alone how insane they
look saying it as if they know. But for me to decide all willy nilly
if God exists and where he might be? First thing I'd look for is some
kind of communiction from him. Hey, whadda ya know? There is
something in this world that fits that description.

You either believe in him or you don't, but either way, you have no
right to judge him.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

in our imaginations.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I read things like this, and the more I read, the more I wonder where this loving God is that the bible speaks of.

What is currently going on is men playing god.

Everything that has been done in the 'name' of religion hasn't be in the name of religion.

It's just a tool to recruit useful idiots for nothing more than power,money, and control.

Pretty much like politics.

Religion=government: new boss same as the old boss.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
God is within you dwelling as you and is the real you. Some call our souls god, others the mind or counsiousness, I say all of the above.

Yes I agree.
God works on earth by working through each one of us. You dont need a church to find God, or a book, you only need yourself and deep contemplation.
I would also add the spark of life to your list of attributes of God.
Life is a test, God does not interfere with it. God isnt going to come along and save the world, thats up to us.
Thats the test. And we are failing miserably. Thats the choice we were given. Free will to choose our destiny, of either self destruction or "evolution".
The world is never going to get better while we wait for outside influences ie, the second coming, to save the world.
"The lord helps those that help themselves"
"Do unto others as you would have others do unto you"

God exists for me because life and consciousness exists, and the laws of physics that work precisely and intelligently like a programming language exists. Intelligent programming languages dont just happen by chance. Thats like saying given all eternity that a hadron collider could inadvertently just happen as the random result of non existent particles forming to create it.
But consciousness is formless, until the material world gives it form. Without consciousness in the first place there would be no material with which to manifest the abstract "ideas" of the consciousness.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

a reply to: Turq1

. Your brother is real,

And how is he my brother?

How is "He" your brother?

You elaborated on your post a bit more, but reiterating, if you don't understand god, how can you be god's keeper? What are you keeping? Does god need to even be kept?

edit on 1/13/2015 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Silly post, what does your, " Bigwheel of power" have to do
with my post?

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Turq1

You said my brother is real?

Your brother is real, but if you don't know/understand god, what exactly are you keeping?

So how is he or you or anyone else my brother if not thru God?
Thru God you are my brother and that is truly, understanding.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Silly post, what does your, " Bigwheel of power" have to do
with my post?

we both know you are smarter than that. dont play stupid.
edit on 13-1-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
"Where is GOD?" HE'S everywhere. HE typed every word YOU ever posted, ever. And HE is typing this response as well.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

And your proof for the above is what exactly?

Because its a bold statement to make and implies predestination at the very least. Which brings about the question why allow us free will or the semblance of such?
edit on 13-1-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

If I was stupid, I'd fall for this deflection.

Just answer the question please?

edit on Rpm11315v172015u18 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

If I was stupid, I'd fall for this deflection.

Just answer the question please?

no. i even quoted your post to provide context for mine. it was (and is) all perfectly clear. all thats left is for you to stop playing games and either respond to the content or move on.

your choice.
edit on 13-1-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I don't think we can place blame on god, much less belief in a higher power like him because men CHOOSE to do evil things in this world. We are not robots and we were given free will in order to make good and evil choices...You can say what you want about god not existing, the bible being a bunch of fairy tales, etc, etc but we are given free will in order to make a choice to search out god on our own and choose to love him or deny him....The acts in this world have nothing to do with god for he is not making the choices of anyone here....Boko Haram and the people that make it up act on their own free will and agendas...I think the " why isn't god coming and stopping this from happening " stance is a bit foolish every time i hear it...I understand what you mean but the connections are just not there, its silly...Are you responsible for paying my taxes or ensuring I have health care?

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: rukia
you cannot define god but you can't exist for a second without encountering god because god is. He is everything and is everywhere and is always there. Omnipotent Omnicient Omnipresent--those qualities (remember, from english class? lol or is that just me)

The force. The one power. Life. Energy. Literally the very particles that are the foundation of the universe, our reality, and all potential realities, simultaneously in the past present and future. God exists outside of time and in essence is time as well. We are made in god's image and therefore have that essence within us, allowing us to create and imagine. It's pretty trippy stuff 8-) haha

oh and as to the whole suffering thing: read Paradise Lost by John Milton to find your answer:

Because god is good, everything he does is good. Therefore, all evil ever serves to do is bring about an even greater good.

What is suffering? Who defines suffering as bad? Doesn't suffering help people grow into better people who do great thing that benefit mankind?

Isn't it then down to perspective? Suffering is only suffering if you see it as such...off topic much?

Have you ever tried being out of the box and actually realize that all you have stated is influenced by something that wants you to believe that God is good ??

It truly amazes me that you cannot see that good only exists to bring about an even greater evil.

And it has, the Universe itself is in serious trouble, and it is manifesting everywhere, and it is actually possible that things may NOT result in so-called GOODNESS.

The humans that have advanced very far in searching for the truth all have one failing, they do not realize they have been fed a giant pack of lies, and the very source for it is HIDING what GOD actually is, and they fully believe it is for some greater GOOD.

And they also believe that God itself is incapable of something, DELETING ITSELF OUT OF EXISTENCE.........interesting they put limitations on what can or cannot be.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I almost always enjoy reading the different ways in which people defend or prove God and it's Existence. Especially the real elaborate psychobabble stuff and cryptic koan like phrases that sound really good until you really think about them and realize that it's just "spooky language" that doesn't really say anything. Some are better than others of course.

But I think we should focus a little on what the OP is asking and narrow in a bit. When asking "Where is God" in this context it implies a God of a Personal or Personified nature and some kind of ability to interact with humanity and our reality. This does limit the possible God's down a bit as not all God's are given the same functions as others. The "God is Everywhere and Everything" wouldn't exactly count in this case since that is usually more of a "God Force" or Universal Energy that doesn't typically have qualities like Good or Evil or feelings. It is all of those things making it pretty much neutral to such questions.

Here we have a question I think relating specifically to a God that has certain Feelings and Intentions and Rules similar to those humans have. It's even more specifically related to the idea of an All Loving and Caring God which looks after it's creation and protects it from evil.

That makes a big difference and excludes answers such as "He's Everywhere". Not because that answer isn't possible, but because that kind of a God concept excludes it having or wanting certain outcomes and/or feeling one way or the other about the things that happen. If we focus on a God who Desires certain things or events from people and their actions and also actively interacts with humans, even if in secret ways, the Question of "Where is God" during times like what the OP describes becomes a very important and difficult question for some. Those who believe in a Personal God of this type should be concerned with that question I think. If you believe that you God plays a part and interacts with you and your life answering the question of "Where is God" is one of the most important questions you could probably ever ask yourself to try and answer.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Scientists love to tell us of their discovery that "ENERGY" cannot be created nor destroyed. This thing called "ENERGY" can only be changed from one form to another form, and moved around. But, you can't get more of it, and you can't get rid of it. It's always there. The scientists call this principle "THE LAW OF THE CONSERVATION OF ENERGY".

Well, I have news for you. "LIFE" cannot be created nor destroyed either. You see, "LIFE" is just like "ENERGY". You can only change the form of the living and move the life about. But, you can't get more life, and you can't get rid of life. It's always there somewhere. If you have LIFE, that life "came from somewhere". When you die that life goes somewhere else. This is "THE LAW OF THE CONSERVATION OF LIFE".

The main thing to note is that according to scripture the "FLESH IS NOT ALIVE".

The dead are not alive, and the living will not die. In the days when you consumed what is dead, you made it what is alive. -- Jesus, Gospel of Thomas 11

For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth
away: -- 1 Peter 1:24 , KJV

What we call DEATH is the separation of LIFE from the FLESH.

The bible tells us where man's life came from.

And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. -- Genesis 2:7 , KJV

So, GOD gave man a "part" of his life, and man became "alive." That given part is called the "spirit".

And the bible tells us where man's life goes when the human being dies.

Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it. -- Ecclesiastes 12:7 , KJV

So, all that happens is that GOD takes back his "life". And the flesh returns to dust.

Now you can answer the question about all the dying you see happening around the world. What you're actually witnessing is the separation of life from flesh. The life is still there. But, it's not animating some flesh for you to perceive it's presence. When the life is in the flesh, you become aware of it, and when life leaves the flesh you think it's destroyed, but it is not. It can't be destroyed. It's still there. But, not perceptible to your human senses anymore.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Something else worth considering: the significance of our human lives in the context of the grand functioning of the universe and those beyond. If God exists, he is most likely astronomically bigger than us on a spiritual and intellectual level; we are probably like insects to him in this regard.

Do most of us care about the well-being of the average insect? Do you stop and consider all the suffering encountered by trillions of insects around the world at any given moment? Probably not.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

Good points buddy!

"Do most of us care about the well-being of the average insect?"

We do when they stop pollinating our crops.

Possibly God/God's draw their omnipotence from our worship, adoration and even fear, or is that Avatars?

Maybe our our gods also reap what they sow.

edit on 14-1-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I agree, it is important to explain your definition of God when posing the question "where is God?"

However, for those of us who know God is everywhere, it is difficult not to look at the person posing this question and feel that they are somehow missing the bigger picture. If you are looking for a personified God outside of yourself that is somewhere other than where you are, you are looking for a god that is limited, that is not all knowing, because he is not omnipresent. You are looking for a lesser God, ergo, a false God.

To understand that God is everywhere, knows all things, and is within all things is a far more comforting concept, don't you agree? And who is to say that the omnipresent concept of God does not care and does not intervene in our lives? I know God constantly intervenes in mine, because I can recognize the influence of that power in both subtle and obvious ways. If I experience suffering, I do not blame God, I only thank God for that experience I was given to strive to overcome. I understand the purpose of my suffering and only pray for the strength to endure it. But my God is not a person sitting on the clouds watching from 'somewhere else'.

God will not intervene with the overall suffering of the world on a global scale unless and until humanity unites for that end. However, God will intervene on a personal scale if you allow it.

To answer the OP's question, God is everywhere. If you insist on looking for a God outside of yourself, you will never find God.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   
To paraphrase Don Mclean:
"The three men I admire most, The Father, Son and Holy Ghost, they caught the last train for the coast".......

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join