It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Mom Of 6 Charged With Child Abuse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Responding to a 911 call, officials reported to a Budget Motel in Orange County. Upon arriving, officers found the body of a 4 year old child,a woman, and 5 of her other children inside the room as well. The other 5 children are said to be covered in bruises. Trash, soiled diapers, and spoiled food littered the floor. Officials have said that they believe that the child was dead for more than a day before the mother called 911.

www.newsday.com
Authorities early this morning charged the mother of six children with child abuse after one of her daughters was found dead inside a motel on the South Orange Blossom Trail Monday evening.

The Orange County Sheriff's Office identified the dead child as Kai Gadison, 4. An autopsy is pending.

Miller said the girl may have been dead for a day or two before her mother called 911 shortly before 5 p.m. Monday.

When deputies arrived at the motel room, they found the family living in squalor. Dirty diapers and trash littered the floor while furniture was strewn about. Baby bottles contained moldy milk and small rice-like objects that could have been maggots, Miller said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

A four year old child is dead. A mother and her other 5 children sitting in the hotel room with the dead body for a day or two. I can't even imagine. Being a relatively new father, there is nothing more sacred to me than the safety and well being of my children.

I'm glad that investigators are investigating this as a full blown homicide. I feel so sorry for those poor children, they are in a no-win situation. If they stay with their mother, I tremble to think what could happen. If their mother goes to jail, they are subject to the foster care system. Those poor children. May that little child rest in peace.

[edit on 14-12-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
That's a horrible image, how can someone who is so unfit for motherhood have so many? Close your legs you stupid...bah...I wont even say it.

Maybe she was a drug addict? It often turns out to be the case...

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I don't know if she was a drug addict or not. All I know is she abused 6 children. For that alone, she has IMHO achieved a lower than human status. She should be "fixed" so that she is unable to have more children.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
What pushes a person to that level? I can't imagine the trauma that must be surrounding the remaining children let alone tthe psychological trauma. Something that severe can permanently hinder a child's psyche for the rest of their life. I hope she has a pleasant time in prison.

On a sidenote, you think after the first child, she would of had enough?

join