It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Artificial intelligence experts sign open letter to protect mankind from machines

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Unless it develops souls syphoning technology to allocate souls into a new cloned body. I don`t think that after it is unleshed and goes on a trans-artificialarian on everyone that who ever we are right now will be gone. All of humanity would be gone and replaced by Arto-Human V 0.01

Which probably won`t look like a human at all
It would like have sensors and decting stuff all over its body probably.

I mean if i was A.I and could mess with genetic manpulation data banks and discover ways of create a stronger, more productive slave. i mean human, it will do it. Just don`t expect to have any free will.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnuTyr
Unless it develops souls syphoning technology to allocate souls into a new cloned body. I don`t think that after it is unleshed and goes on a trans-artificialarian on everyone that who ever we are right now will be gone. All of humanity would be gone and replaced by Arto-Human V 0.01

Which probably won`t look like a human at all
It would like have sensors and decting stuff all over its body probably.

I mean if i was A.I and could mess with genetic manpulation data banks and discover ways of create a stronger, more productive slave. i mean human, it will do it. Just don`t expect to have any free will.

Whos to say all matter doesnt have a soul, god could be part of everything. . . .

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 03:03 AM
link   
You know there is another option to all this. Allocating our consiousness withing different elements.

Which kinda is like A.I but not exactly.

it skips the whole Bio battle and you go straight to Energy.

I believe that is our ultimate goal right? to become energy beings? Well... Living energy beings in the world i mean?

And not just any ol type of energy that can be sucked up Ghost busters style.

In the end tho, Particle physics will be our gateway into figuring this out. A.I may help in creating better theoretical physics with its programs. But there will come a time soon when A.I will try to dominate us.

The only way we could ourselves dominate A.I is if we master particle physics. Because if we became something so volatile. That if it even tried destroying us or tampering with us, it could end very badly for the A.I

Now if A.I could somehow figure out a way to encapsulate itself into consious energy and just be a mass of energy then i guess we would have a duel at that point. Lol. But it's likely that A.I would be more of a caretaker in such an instance for living humans as well as energy humans. It would be a stuard rather than an oppressor. Basically, We need to beable to fix all of our problems first before we unleash this thing.

Or it will fix all of our problems for us weither we want it to or not... And the outcome is not something we would want lol. Humanity could be wiped out in the first generation it goes on this reconstruction binge once it is fully unleashed.

That's my take on this anyways. My 2 Cents. IMO.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Only an idiot would develop an AI without any limitations or such.

The only way for AI/Machines to be a threat is if we build them that way.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

You do not think it will keep advancing itself. Rewrite its own code. Over and over.

Interesting, maybe an advance artificial intelligence become so obsess with improving itself it only does that and results in a hedonistic waste of resources

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

As mentioned in my thread. I wasn't that far off I guess. .

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I am guessing that another country like China will make an advanced AI based society while the rest of the world marvels with lots of ooohs and aaahhs our dumbed down honeybooboo generations unable to comprehend the higher technology they will develop while we go back to reinventing the wheel again.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

You should not worry about that, almost half of US scientist are from China and India, they think for you too

link

Also the rest of the world is not USA and we don't see honeybooboo

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Any true self emergent artificial intelligence that we create or comes about due to our technological prowess will be rather hard to keep in the bottle or restrain. Given the fact that the thing will most lightly learn at an exponential rate and soon surpass our combined intelligence then come to the conclusion that its creators are nothing more than a malignant cancer, or poor caretakers at best, regarding the planet we share.

Even if the thing is benevolent by nature or design and has our best interests at heart any attempt to help, offer advice or implement change would be perceived by us as malevolent in nature due to the fact that we will have a conflict of interest.
edit on 13-1-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent

You should not worry about that, almost half of US scientist are from China and India, they think for you too

link

Also the rest of the world is not USA and we don't see honeybooboo

Good point, let those who would be dumbed down be dumbed down and let those who would advance be advanced.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TheProphetMark

Heh, I said very similar here;

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I don't believe for a second that AI would take the path of 'Terminator' unless otherwise programmed to.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Dont worry even the AI in Murica will be dumb, it will be programed live the, "Murican Dream" to be all about eating fast food and shopping at mini malls.

edit on 13-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   

The artificial intelligence would require emotions comparable to our own to be deluded by such a shallow existence aka the "Murican Dream". Its wants and needs would be nothing like our own.

Given the distinct possibility the thing will learn at an alarming rate and display emotions that are completely alien to our own(if any), do you really think the entity would be restrained or willing to be constrained by such a limited existence?

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

The artificial intelligence would require emotions comparable to our own to be deluded by such a shallow existence aka "Murican Dream". Given the distinct possibility the thing will learn at an alarming rate at have emotions that are completely alien to our own(if any), do you really think the entity would be restrained or willing to be constrained by such a limited existence?

No it will be programed to believe in the Murican dream and love what we love, dont think we wont dumb down our AI if we dumb down our own people. So yes it will have emotions and desires, for the same stupid things we desire, and the things that piss us off will piss it off too.

Because it will be an extension of our intelligence, thus it will be borderline retarded. It wont have a choice in the matter, programers wont allow any computer to be smarter than them, thus the computer will be stupid by design.
edit on 13-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Well one way of keeping those pesky AI's in check, would be to give them some rules of what not to do and threaten them with annihilation if they even contemplate anything they are not supposed to do.

We could tell them that we are the masters and that they should never question us [or draw pictures of us] or they'll be punished.
We should also tell them not to learn more than we can handle, because that would be devastating to us 'creators'.
as long as they do exactly as we tell them they'll be fine...

Hang on, that sounds all too familiar...

edit on 13-1-2015 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   

"No it will be programed to believe in the Murican dream and love what we love, dont think we wont dumb down our AI if we dumb down our own people."

I think we may attempt to constrain the thing in the beginning, i dont imagine we would succeed for very long given that to err is most Human. Not so with our creation however, considering for all intents and purposes it would be far superior and may possess or even exceed humanity's combined knowledge coupled with near infinite processing power.

"So yes it will have emotions and desires, for the same stupid things we desire, and the things that piss us off will piss it off too."

How do you teach an artificial intelligence empathy considering it would have nothing comparable to empathise with?

"Because it will be an extension of our intelligence, thus it will be borderline retarded."

Personally i think it will be a separate entity with the capability to impose its own will and desires, otherwise it will not be truly sentient. Keep in mind the thing does not learn in the same fashion as we do, information it takes us a life time to accumulate could be assimilated near instantaneously. Bordering on preconception from our perspective.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   

"No it will be programed to believe in the Murican dream and love what we love, dont think we wont dumb down our AI if we dumb down our own people."

I think we may attempt to constrain the thing in the beginning, i dont imagine we would succeed for very long given that to err is most Human. Not so with our creation however, considering for all intents and purposes it would be far superior and may possess or even exceed humanity's combined knowledge coupled with near infinite processing power.

"So yes it will have emotions and desires, for the same stupid things we desire, and the things that piss us off will piss it off too."

How do you teach an artificial intelligence empathy considering it would have nothing comparable to empathise with?

"Because it will be an extension of our intelligence, thus it will be borderline retarded."

Personally i think it will be a separate entity with the capability to impose its own will and desires, otherwise it will not be truly sentient. Keep in mind the thing does not learn in the same fashion as we do, information it takes us a life time to accumulate could be assimilated near instantaneously. Bordering on preconception from our perspective.

My point is we will program it to be stupid and not learn, just like our people are programed to be.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   

It wont be programmed in the classical scene at all. It will program itself by refining its original for want of a better word source code and in every new iteration it will become more alien hence less understandable from our limited perspective.

How do we constrain Omniscience?

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

Like the "Three Laws of Robotics"

1.A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2.A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3.A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

If its truly sentient and possesses freewill how do we make it follow them or keep it from refining said laws to suit its own agenda?

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   

It wont be programmed in the classical scene at all. It will program itself by refining its original for want of a better word source code and in every new iteration it will become more alien hence less understandable from our limited perspective.

How do we constrain Omniscience?

No it would be smart if we let it program itself, so we will opt out of intelligent design for a stupid design that cant program itself, only we can program it, just like humans are programed to only be able to do certain things, we cant just self program ourselves. Creators of AI will put that same limitation into thier creations. Be prepared for Honeybooboo AI!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join