It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok, this is the next level bullsh*t

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   
My bet is you had researched this guitar in the past, or you looked it up when you got home after buying it and that's how they knew to target you with this ad. Or you posted to Facebook that you bought the thing.

Your CC or Debit card doesn't report your name to add agencies. They report what people buy, sure, but not your specific info.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

I played it the moment I got home, never posted on FB that I bought it. Can't say I never searched online before because that's the only possibility however, I've been gone for a few weeks and it would have been as far back as last spring if I searched for it all. Not ruling that out but to see it bang pow right there the day I bring it home? Something's up. That's too weird.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Good luck trying to post anything to my freekbook account . I use my phone for ... well ringing people .
edit on 13-1-2015 by hutch622 because: cause

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

I'm inclined to believe you.

I think it was probably a weird ass coincidence. Perhaps that ad has shown before and you didn't notice it. Every time I get a new car I start noticing all the same cars where before I didn't.

You have any recommendations on learning guitar on your own? I could use a new hobby. I took lessons when I was younger and think I would enjoy giving it a shot again.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   
DId you google guitars by chance? You know, at any time in the recent passed present of future.

More specifically, did you google Gibson guitars?

Since that's a gibson since im guessing and is a pretty generic look for a gibson. it's likely for 450$ they have a lot of this model. Maybe your search results got tagged?

My bad its an Epiophone. Meh, they both look the same. lol the small print tho at the top of the guitar made it hard for me to tell the difference honestly. I looked at the text and its an epiphone les paul.

Gibson and epiphone have been contesting that particular design for a while now.

Just to prove how Generic a Les paul is. Both Gibson and Epiphone make Les pauls.

Id be more creeped out if you bought a less netorious and generic guitar say like a bc rich stealth chuck schuldiner, or to even get more specific. Like Guild guitars which dosn't even exist anymore i would be more worried.
edit on 13-1-2015 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo
a reply to: lordcomac

debit card

There's your answer. A couple of years ago I started noticing too many of these "coincidences" were popping up to actual be coincidences. One such issue is, if I buy food at Taco Bell and pay with a debit card, I receive Taco Bell coupon offers on my cell phone. (Don't judge me. I make suicide runs to salmon fish during red season and often don't get off the river until 3AM, at which time I'm usually famished and Taco Bell is my only food option.)

I've seen a lot more of those type of connections since and, honestly, they creep me out.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Ever been salmon fishing up here in BC?

edit on 13-1-2015 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

I wrote about this before... I'm almost certain I used a private message to tell a friend I was planning on buying a bike (don't have FB anymore so can't remember exact details) next thing I know there's bike adds everywhere.

To be honest if I recall it may have even been a text message not an FB message but I can't be certain. Marketing is now on steroids.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 02:08 AM
link   

I began learning 25 years ago. Don't know how to read music so I was stuck with tablature form in guitar magazines. Hit my wall. Then came YouTube and zooom! Much better when you can hear where your supposed to be in time and actually see what you're doing. Go with that. I already mastered the finger dexterity so the rest came easy. Takes tons of patience and determination though. Learn blues first is my advice

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnuTyr

Ever been salmon fishing up here in BC?

No, but it's on the bucket list. I'd love to tie into some gold medal steelheads in BC. We have very unimpressive runs of them here in south central AK. (But hell, our kings, reds, and silvers make up for that.)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   

awesome to hear those fish are still around there, Being canadian i don't exactly know the state of the wildlife as it's always a changing process. This wasn't to derail the thread anyway was just curious

I plan on going on a north american fishing trip/tour at some point in the near future.

As for the tagging, Looking up even one word on google will tag adds. if you have Ad-blocker on you won't always see them.

But even if you just finish googling something they know right away.

The debit card thing tho, I do think you can get tagged for what you by through debit.
Because companies pay the banks money for research material. Or rather marketing companies find niches by looking at sales.

This is also how some of the statistics made every year on certain sales are done.
Credit does this too i believe. The same system is used to catch debit and credit fraud. The police can track purchases, So it's likely other companies can as well.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
the ghost in the machine.

perhaps theres some small bit of conciousness brewing in their code that we are all unaware of. these creepy hints are the beggining stages of the first AI

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Not a coincidence at all. I've noticed this for every purchase I've made for some time now. The item appears on the ads on this site and others that I visit, the moment I make the purchase. I agree with others though, it makes little sense to me to advertise the thing I just bought, but they do it. I read a thread on here a while back that explained the strategy, but I don't remember it. It made sense at the time though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join