It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I started an Above Top Secret chat room on mirc!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 11:15 PM
link   
It is on efnet. The channel is #Above-Top-Secret

I thouhgt it couldnt hurt to have a chat room on mirc. Of course i will give the adminstrators op and moderators. I mainly put it there to try and attract more people to the fourm. Come in and chat there some time or idle. If a lot of people idle in the channel it will attract more people.

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I think you'll find that its IRC.
Did you bother asking william or did you just go ahead and try out the suggestion i put forward, and please stop trying to get my attention, i dont respond for a reason.

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I did not ask william first, but he has say over it.

What attention are you talking about? I am not trying to steal your idea if you had it first. I am sorry i did not mean to do that, and had i know you came up with it first i would have never made the channel. Come in the channel and i will op you.

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 11:34 PM
link   
You send me u2u's and whine at me in the chatrooms.
No thanks, i'll stick to the real ATS chatroom.

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I sent you one u2u lol. I only whined to you one time.

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 12:23 AM
link   
uhm...not to make it look like I'm taking sides in intarweb drama, because I really have no idea what's going on, but I like the idea of an IRC channel. Java chats tend to cause my browser to burp up and die (and really, I cut my teeth on IRC, so I'm partial to it.) that's my two cents, though.

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 12:32 AM
link   
If any one knows of any good bots, addons, or scripts i can use please u2u me them. Thanks!!!

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 06:57 AM
link   
People please join the channel. You do not have to stay and chat just idle. Also i am having trouble using eggdrops, bots, and addons. If someone would help me i would appreciate it.

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 08:22 AM
link   
IRC Trolls: the same as trolls here

IRC Agents: new bots skimming the IRC to find you and spam you

We moved to member-only chat for a reason... "members only". While not optimum, the previous versions of chat were open to rampant abuse. And given the organized abuse headed to IRC, and security problems most newbies discover, I'm not going to sanction an IRC channel for ATS.

We will likely move to a more efficient PHP chat client in the future. I'm looking at clients that members can use in a new forum frameset, so that you can participate in live chat in the left frame, while still browsing and posting in the forums in the right frame, all in one browser window... now how cool would that be?

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 09:48 AM
link   
ive had a infowarrior chat room on efnet for like 9 months now, haven't seemed to have much of a problem with agents(that i know of) but plenty of trolls. We've had our channel taken over numerious times, just recently again in fact, we are currently in a "transitional" phase, but should be up and operating again under a new name soon. Had some interesting characters pop in, c0balt from c0balt.com was there for a few months(apparently he's in hiding or on the run now) and some others.

BTW whats the deal with spooks on this forum. Spill the beans Willy.

BTW brownnoser err i mean pizzaboy im idling in your chan!

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 02:59 PM
link   
How am i a brwon nose?

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 03:42 PM
link   
jus jokin man, sorry if i offended you.

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I dont know anything about chat rooms and the like, I just use them once in awhile. So my question is, why aren't the 4 chat rooms that ATS was so kind to offer us not enough??

posted on Jun, 5 2003 @ 02:08 AM
link   
The chatrooms are not mainly for chating. At least that is not the main reason i wanted to make them. It would be a great place to attract more people to become ats members. We could also set up Fservers with conspiracy related stuff on it. There would be no warez on these Fservers. I think the chat rooms here are great for chatting, but ATS is growing and it would grow even more if it had an irc chat room. Please people this would be a great way to attract people to become members on this board.

new topics

top topics

join