It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One dead after smoke fills DC Metro Tunnel

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: dntwastetime
"Dozens of other people hospitalized " Words have dual meanings. It is taught in school how to design sentences properly, so there is not a confusion of words. Mechanics is not usually a way to describe a machine. Mechanics is a way to describe a type of job skill or person. a reply to: Anyafaj

My reference to mechanics was for the machinery, NOT people, or places. My hope was that this was a mechanical failure and NOT terrorism as people are already freaking out over Paris, and some over Twitter and YouTube being hacked. Next time, I'll be more than happy to make that extremely clear. Of course I am sorry someone died. To suggest anything other is unthinkable! I would be inhuman if I didn't care, and callous! Something which I am not. Nor would I ever wish to be. It's just not in my nature. I happen to be a very empathetic person, something my daughter is as well. When I feel something, I feel it very deeply, and depending on how well I know a person, depends on how well I show that emotion. Just because I'm not on this site crying, doesn't mean I don't feel for this individual's family or haven't prayed for them or their family and the other families. I hope this clears things up. If not, oh well. I'm doing my best not to get a deleted post for T&C, so there you have it.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   
horror. I remember the fire in cafe the Lame Horse in my city one breath serious poisoning 3 breaths death 5:28 youtu.be...

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Let's hope they didn't revise Project 112 SHAD.www.opsecnews.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
Let's hope they didn't revise Project 112 SHAD.www.opsecnews.com...

I was just reading about this the other day. I knew about the NYC subway, but not about Louisiana. Very interesting and terrifying in the same breath.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I'll bet it was a false flag by the CIA.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TsukiLunar

Has it already been blamed on Islam?
edit on America/ChicagoTuesdayAmerica/Chicago01America/Chicago131amTuesday1 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

Does it matter who 'they' blame? We all know it was the government and possibly Obama himself who organized this. This has all the tags of psy-op.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I think it turned out to be an electrical fire in the end.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   
It's Metro. There's always something broken, breaking, or being fixed because it was recently broken. WMATA is not a top flight agency.

While it's unfortunate that it caused a death, I'm not surprised. Nor do I think this is related to anything else going on. It is exactly what they said it is.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I think it is a sign they need to do some clean up and fix some major problems. I'm betting this has already been reported by someone that works for the metro system but they've been blown off.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6
Don't got no money to repair our infrastructure, we got too many bombs to drop.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

There was also a fire at 'Kings Cross' in London back in December, i wondered then if that was something else but just didn't go off as intended.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
You'll find many, many french terms and words throughout D.C.

L'Enfant was the architect that designed the layout of Paris. It was done in such a way as to thwart invasion.

Dear god, the idea that the founding father's took it upon themselves to have L'Enfant do the same to us...still haunts daily commutes to this day...

-NF

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides
You'll find many, many french terms and words throughout D.C.

L'Enfant was the architect that designed the layout of Paris. It was done in such a way as to thwart invasion.

Dear god, the idea that the founding father's took it upon themselves to have L'Enfant do the same to us...still haunts daily commutes to this day...

-NF

That I never knew. Learn something new every day. I love learning about our history, my ancestry, as well as other countries cultures. Thanks for the tidbit.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: dntwastetime
"Dozens of other people hospitalized " Words have dual meanings. It is taught in school how to design sentences properly, so there is not a confusion of words. Mechanics is not usually a way to describe a machine. Mechanics is a way to describe a type of job skill or person. a reply to: Anyafaj

Someone might not have English as their first language, too. This is not exclusively an primary English-language site. There are people here from all over the world with varying degrees of facility with English.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

You learn a few things when you live in a city for 2.5 decades

D.C. is one amazing city chock full of tons of little tiny parks....all with statues...and a meaning to every one...

-NF

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
there was recently a fire in a ventilation grate at the same station. they should have more cameras down there. seriously and I'm a "less intrusion" kinda guy but these kinds of places are now considered targets so I believe it is prudent to install more cameras in places like the subway systems.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: bottleslingguy
there was recently a fire in a ventilation grate at the same station. they should have more cameras down there. seriously and I'm a "less intrusion" kinda guy but these kinds of places are now considered targets so I believe it is prudent to install more cameras in places like the subway systems.

It seems Metro has sorts of issues.

Metro Headache since 1976

One woman died and more than 80 other people were sent to the hospital, mostly for smoke inhalation, after the electrical malfunction Monday on Washington's Metro. A day later, 21 passengers remained hospitalized, and the accident had left a multitude of unanswered questions.

Commuters demanded to know: Was the train's evacuation unnecessarily delayed? Were passengers given the right information? And what caused the death of the woman?

Authorities in the nation's capital had no immediate answers.

Patti Aliventi, 49, was waiting for a train when she heard shouting and saw gray smoke filling the station. She said riders were told to get out, but a bottleneck developed when employees didn't just open the fare gates to make it easier for people to leave.

Luis Clemens, 47, a National Public Radio editor, said he was among a group of passengers who got off the train and walked back to the platform through the pitch-black tunnel despite instructions to stay on board. He said it seemed obvious, after what felt like 20 or 30 minutes, that the train wasn't going to move.

"We were not given any information that police or fire were en route or nearby," he said. "All we got was, 'Stay in place. Yes, I know there's smoke. Don't leave.' And that doesn't make a whole lot of sense when you're sitting there watching over some period, watching the subway cars fill up with smoke."

Smoke and fire are not unusual on the subway system, which opened in 1976 and still uses some original rail cars. Metro's most recent safety reports showed 86 incidents of smoke or fire in 2013 and 85 through the first eight months of 2014.

Sounds like it was one giant cluster meld. You'd think if it's been having issues since '76, they'd have SOME evacuation plan in place by now! If they do, they sure didn't use it effectively the other day.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I have the news running all day and flick between 5 channels and it was mentioned on the bbc just once since it happened, nothing on cnn and fox or any others!

Why the media blackout?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join