It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

45 shot, 8 dead in Chicago - 6 blacks murdered

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Those lives do matter but it's a bit different in that it wasn't perpetrated by three Islamic Terrorists perhaps more and it wasn't just gang and crime violence in Paris, , it was a planned terrorist attack. I get that all lives matter, but mass murder and terrorism will always get the bigger headline and are always more shocking. One person shot at a time in one incident doesn't upset me as much as 10,12 18 by one person or group.

How does anybody know if the murders in Chicago were "gang" violence?

There is no evidence presented that it was "gang" violence.

Headlines are one thing. The MSM makes money from headlines.

So why aren't the groups at the Universities, community activists, and politicians making saving the lives in Chicago a priority?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

You know the answer, one situation is about the current boogey man.
This is everyday violence.
Why are we only focusing on chicago and the black deaths?
How many PEOPLE have died since the first?
Or does that not matter cause it doesn't fit the agenda of "who cares if these people are dying, if cops didn't kill them some one else would?"

And again, how did you come across this site that is clearly set at tracking only certain crime?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

originally posted by: queenofswords

originally posted by: Jamie1

originally posted by: Sremmos80

I really don't see the point of the website that seems to only track crime by certain people.

Is that a site you frequent? Is there others like it, or was this shown to you.

I agree there should be protest, just not really sure who you would protest.

With the recent ones there was a very defined target, the police departments that carried out the actions that people were against.

Kinda hard to protest the streets.

And people do protest the tools being used, which by the stats shown in your site seem to show one particular tool being used the most, but we can't talk about that with out being dirty commies

I am curious why the U.S. government is concerning itself with 38 shot in Paris, and making a public statement re how the U.S. should have sent a high level official to Paris yesterday, when the U.S., in our own backyard, has had 45 shot and 8 murdered just in Chicago in the last 11 days.

Our President is from Chicago. The Mayor of Chicago was in Obama's cabinet. And yet NOBODY is talking about the people who were murdered in just the last 10 days in Chicago.

It can't all be just about money, can it?

Jamie1, I think it is more about the REASON they were shot rather than the fact they were shot. The reason for the shootings in Chicago is probably gang related or simply lifestyle choices that lead to bad associations and actions.

Paris is a bit deeper and more internationally relevant.

When one can say this it surely must be time for a little introspection shouldn't it? After all, people just dying, every day, by violent crime. Something isn-'t working. I don't live in the US. I do however see the same l'aissez faire in relation to the value given to life.
or something is working according to plans someone made

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Those lives do matter but it's a bit different in that it wasn't perpetrated by three Islamic Terrorists perhaps more and it wasn't just gang and crime violence in Paris, , it was a planned terrorist attack. I get that all lives matter, but mass murder and terrorism will always get the bigger headline and are always more shocking. One person shot at a time in one incident doesn't upset me as much as 10,12 18 by one person or group.

How does anybody know if the murders in Chicago were "gang" violence?

There is no evidence presented that it was "gang" violence.

Headlines are one thing. The MSM makes money from headlines.

So why aren't the groups at the Universities, community activists, and politicians making saving the lives in Chicago a priority?

They do, they had quite a few protests, rallies and community meetings in the Chicago area last year. Look it up. And I said Gang and Crime violence, not just gang violence. We know that some of the deaths in Chicago are gang related each year. You'll have to look it up for the exact numbers though. We pretty much know the breakdown of the violence and crime reporting by the police departments there.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TsukiLunar
Hey op. As a fellow moron I too think that the mass media not reporting every murder on a national level means that no one cares. I don't think very well.

The reporting of "every" murder is not the issue.

The failure to report the cumulative shootings and murders in a short period of time, 10 days, in one U.S. city, Chicago, is the issue.

38 shot in Paris in 3 days. 45 shot in Chicgo in 10 days. One gets international media attention. The other gets zero media attention.

One gets organized protestors matching across Universities chanting slogans. The other gets ignored.

Why?

45 being shot, 8 murdered, in just 10 days, in one U.S. city? Not important? Why?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Hey op. As a fellow moron I too think that the mass media not reporting every murder on a national level means that no one cares. I don't think very well.

The reporting of "every" murder is not the issue.

The failure to report the cumulative shootings and murders in a short period of time, 10 days, in one U.S. city, Chicago, is the issue.

38 shot in Paris in 3 days. 45 shot in Chicgo in 10 days. One gets international media attention. The other gets zero media attention.

One gets organized protestors matching across Universities chanting slogans. The other gets ignored.

Why?

45 being shot, 8 murdered, in just 10 days, in one U.S. city? Not important? Why?

Because it's a mass murder and a Terrorist attack all rolled up in one.

Mass murder is always more horrible than multiple single incidents and Terrorist attacks are even worse.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

That's right! I totally agree! Since the media didn't "report" them, it means its not important! I know I get tired of the news not being an extended casualties list 24/7!

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

You know the answer, one situation is about the current boogey man.
This is everyday violence.
Why are we only focusing on chicago and the black deaths?
How many PEOPLE have died since the first?
Or does that not matter cause it doesn't fit the agenda of "who cares if these people are dying, if cops didn't kill them some one else would?"

And again, how did you come across this site that is clearly set at tracking only certain crime?

I don't know how many people have died since the first.

If you are concerned maybe try Googling it.

Why is how I found the data important to you? Do you ask all other posters how they found the data they reference?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Because people are not equal. It takes 2000 dead in Nigeria to make it to international news.
Maybe if the death-toll in Chicago were something like 250+ then maybe yes.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Why? What's the difference between 45 shot in Chicago and 38 shot in Paris?

Because "45 people shot in Chicago" doesn't sell newspapers. The fact that 45 more will be shot before the end of the month won't sell any newspapers either. The other usual suspects (Sharpton et al) can't get any mileage out of it so they won't waste their time on a situation they can't turn into money.

Media is a business. People don't buy old news or daily life. They buy what shocks them.

Why 45 people getting shot isn't considered a shock... well that's a much deeper rabbit hole.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I really don't see the point of the website that seems to only track crime by certain people.

With the recent ones there was a very defined target, the police departments that carried out the actions that people were against.
And people do protest the tools being used, which by the stats shown in your site seem to show one particular tool being used the most, but we can't talk about that with out being dirty commies

I am curious why the U.S. government is concerning itself with 38 shot in Paris, and making a public statement re how the U.S. should have sent a high level official to Paris yesterday, when the U.S., in our own backyard, has had 45 shot and 8 murdered just in Chicago in the last 11 days.

Our President is from Chicago. The Mayor of Chicago was in Obama's cabinet. And yet NOBODY is talking about the people who were murdered in just the last 10 days in Chicago.

Jamie1, I think it is more about the REASON they were shot rather than the fact they were shot. The reason for the shootings in Chicago is probably gang related or simply lifestyle choices that lead to bad associations and actions.

When one can say this it surely must be time for a little introspection shouldn't it? After all, people just dying, every day, by violent crime. Something isn-'t working. I don't live in the US. I do however see the same l'aissez faire in relation to the value given to life.

I get what you are saying, but reality is reality. There is a segment of society that millions upon millions of dollars worth of programs, initiatives, etc. have been poured into to help, but for naught. Are the programs faulty? Is the management of those programs corrupt? We can feel pain and sadness and have all the "introspection" in the world about it, but people fall through the cracks. They fail to thrive. Or, they simply choose lifestyles that lead to violence and death. It sounds l'aassez faire, but people can only do so much to help and then....what?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

That's right! I totally agree! Since the media didn't "report" them, it means its not important! I know I get tired of the news not being an extended casualties list 24/7!

Rather than answer with sarcasm and personal attacks, do you have a reason to explain why world leaders would flock to Paris over 38 being shot, and zero focus is being brought to 45 shot in Chicago in 10 days?

The difference is glaring. There will be thousands shot in Chicago in the coming months, and hundreds of individuals murdered.

Why is this not deserving of at least national media attention?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Rather than answer with sarcasm and personal attacks, do you have a reason to explain why world leaders would flock to Paris over 38 being shot, and zero focus is being brought to 45 shot in Chicago in 10 days?

The difference is glaring. There will be thousands shot in Chicago in the coming months, and hundreds of individuals murdered.

We already answered you twice. It's because it was a mass murder/terrorist attack.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Because it's 2 different countries and 2 different cultures.

link   

originally posted by: EvillerBob

Why 45 people getting shot isn't considered a shock... well that's a much deeper rabbit hole.

Not only not a "shock" but not on the radar to even be a "cause."

Thousands of people mobilized protests over the last several weeks under the premise that all lives matter.

None of those people that I've seen mentioned the mass killing in just one city, Chicago. It's as if those lives do not matter enough to actually talk about them, or do anything about it.

link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

or something is working according to plans someone made

I am not religious, but for someone to be so black hearted would seem to be proof of true evil, wouldn't it?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

45 shot, 8 murdered in Chicago. Those are the crime stats in Chicago since January 1, 2015.

Holy Crap! That is all! Things are looking better, and it seems like a nice fresh new years start for Chicago. There was 38 in December so

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

We already answered you twice. It's because it was a mass murder/terrorist attack.

So an isolated incident matters more than the ongoing, never ending mass killing in Chicago?

Why?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
There really is more to these gotcha threads believe it or not, the real issues are much deeper and no they are not overlooked, but hey, I know someone has to also agree to that one.
Educate yourselves for a moment is all I ask before falling for the gotcha thread, statistic or sound byte "bite".

The Atlantic

It seems like a lot of these concerns and questions would be able to be handled in open debate, and give those protesters or people that sympathize that actually have legitimate cause to answer you and defend themselves instead of being painted with the monolithic paint brush per SE or really stereotype.

The problem is the issue those protesters choose to protest regarding is the issue of police
powers, improper arrests, abuse of power, unprofessional police actions, wrongful arrest and
things that happen where the endpoint of a murder is the tip of the iceberg , the deaths are not just the issue, I would say anyone that tries to detract the real issues I stated or draw a comparison between the two you would want us to believe are comparing apples and oranges honestly.

There is a much bigger picture unfortunately than the thumbnail that is being presented here.
edit on 12-1-2015 by phinubian because: addding info

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
op you should give bill orielly a call. he enjoys your line of reasoning

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join