It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

45 shot, 8 dead in Chicago - 6 blacks murdered

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1
45 shot, 8 murdered in Chicago. Those are the crime stats in Chicago since January 1, 2015.

Do those lives matter? Are there any protests planned? Are Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton planning to meet with leaders of Chicago? Obama and Holder? Are there federal civil rights investigations begin conducted?

There were 18 killed and 38 shot in Paris. I'm going to go out on a limb and predict by the end of the moth, more will have been murdered in Chicago than in Paris, and there will be no media coverage, no protest organized at universities, no contrived slogans or hashtags, and no political leaders calling this an outrage.

Nothing.

Why? What's the difference between 45 shot in Chicago and 38 shot in Paris?

Why don't the same people who protest over Michael Brown, Eric Garner, and the victims in Paris protest the ongoing murders in Chicago?

heyjackass.com...

That's different because..... why?

There's money in war...not Chicago sadly. Now if this happened where I reside, Ahwatukee AZ...it'd launch a full manhunt.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass
a reply to: Jamie1

That's different because..... why?

If you don't see the difference between peer to peer crime and murder under color of authority I'm implying that you can't see many obvious things right in front of you. Maybe you can't differentiate between quantity and quality?

If you don't see the the difference between peer to peer crime and directed propaganda attack you don't have the basic tools to understand the world and it's complex issues. Maybe you are programmed with memes that invoke emotion instead of logic?

Without regard to how you ended up with your particular skill set, the question remains --why should anyone listen to you?

So you've invented a new concept called "peer to peer" crime and then go right into a personal attack on me?

So then all lives don't matter? Those killed in "peer to peer" crime don't matter to you?

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Complaining about sensationalist headlines while making up your own....

OP, if you want the dead to be respected then why not post the links to each individual attack? We can talk about it case by case. Why did you not do this?

Why are you comparing a mass shooter attack in Paris to an accumulation of attacks in Chicago?

Are you sure there aren't organizations or groups for each of the events in Chicago? Or do you avoid to look these things up?

How old are you? Do you not realize that lots of violent crimes don't get reported on TV? This has been going on for decades...smh

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Politics, to shine a light there is to shine a light on 1/2 the powers that be, it would expose horrendous policy, horrible education and rampant corruption.

So the press ignores it... Personally while I feel for the suffering of the innocent you couldn't pay me enough to set foot in that cesspool.

link   
I really don't see the point of the website that seems to only track crime by certain people.
Is that a site you frequent? Is there others like it, or was this shown to you.

I agree there should be protest, just not really sure who you would protest.

With the recent ones there was a very defined target, the police departments that carried out the actions that people were against.
Kinda hard to protest the streets.
And people do protest the tools being used, which by the stats shown in your site seem to show one particular tool being used the most, but we can't talk about that with out being dirty commies

link   
DP
edit on thMon, 12 Jan 2015 17:02:40 -0600America/Chicago120154080 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
the difference is that none of those murders were committed by anyone getting a weekly pay check to uphold the law and keep the peace.

So it's WHO committed the crimes that gets the attention, not the lives of the victims that matter?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Well your are all for dropping race and leaving it out of the discussion right?
Why do we need to continually talk about black on black crime when it is no different and doesn't occur at much higher rate then crimes of other races on the same race.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Hundreds of millions of dollars have gone into programs, education, family outreach programs, awareness programs, gang violence programs and various neighborhood initiatives. Yet, you still have the cesspool.

If too much light is shone on these areas, you will find out that all that money is basically for naught. Corruption and graft will be exposed in all these neighborhood grant programs and government officials don't want that, now, do they?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliian
Dying doesn't make news. It's who died.

So what was special about Michael Brown dying? Or Eric Garner?

Or the 18 killed in Paris?

What is special about them?

All of them were people, they were killed. Perhaps the question isn't what is so special about the victims in Paris or Michael Brown or Eric Garner, but rather what is so NOT different about these other victims. 2000 plus dead in a boko haram attack, many dead in Pakistan, Syria, all over the world. The question you ask is legitimate, however I can't explain the reasons, I don't understand the agenda/reasons, sorry.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
I really don't see the point of the website that seems to only track crime by certain people.

With the recent ones there was a very defined target, the police departments that carried out the actions that people were against.
And people do protest the tools being used, which by the stats shown in your site seem to show one particular tool being used the most, but we can't talk about that with out being dirty commies

I am curious why the U.S. government is concerning itself with 38 shot in Paris, and making a public statement re how the U.S. should have sent a high level official to Paris yesterday, when the U.S., in our own backyard, has had 45 shot and 8 murdered just in Chicago in the last 11 days.

Our President is from Chicago. The Mayor of Chicago was in Obama's cabinet. And yet NOBODY is talking about the people who were murdered in just the last 10 days in Chicago.

It can't all be just about money, can it?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

the difference is that none of those murders were committed by anyone getting a weekly pay check to uphold the law and keep the peace.

So it's WHO committed the crimes that gets the attention, not the lives of the victims that matter?

duh
if a preacher goes out and commits murder it will make the paper. If a cop guns down an unarmed man it makes the paper. If a person gets shot selling crack then it is just par for the coarse. The answer is to understand first that since the industery reveloution it is now possible for a very low percent of people to provide for a very large percent of the population. There is truely not ever gonna be enough jobs for everyone in a capitolist society.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Those lives do matter but it's a bit different in that it wasn't perpetrated by three Islamic Terrorists perhaps more and it wasn't just gang and crime violence in Paris, , it was a planned terrorist attack. I get that all lives matter, but mass murder and terrorism will always get the bigger headline and are always more shocking. One person shot at a time in one incident doesn't upset me as much as 10,12 18 by one person or group.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I am curious why the U.S. government is concerning itself with 38 shot in Paris, and making a public statement re how the U.S. should have sent a high level official to Paris yesterday, when the U.S., in our own backyard, has had 45 shot and 8 murdered just in Chicago in the last 11 days.

Our President is from Chicago. The Mayor of Chicago was in Obama's cabinet. And yet NOBODY is talking about the people who were murdered in just the last 10 days in Chicago.

Jamie1, I think it is more about the REASON they were shot rather than the fact they were shot. The reason for the shootings in Chicago is probably gang related or simply lifestyle choices that lead to bad associations and actions.

Paris is a bit deeper and more internationally relevant.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man
Complaining about sensationalist headlines while making up your own....

I did not complain about any headlines. I intentionally didn't create a "sensational" headline. I simply reported the dry facts.

45 shot. 8 murdered. 6 of those murdered were black. All in Chicago since Jan. 1, 2015.

I was posing a legitimate question:

Why do people care about the 38 shot in Paris, and yet nobody seems to care about the 45 shot in Chicago?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

Because it wasn't manufactured.

Can you clarify what you believe was manufactured? Michael Brown's death? Eric Garner's? The 18 dead in Paris?

Are you saying the 38 shot in Paris deserve media attention, and the 45 people shot in Chicago don't deserve discussion or attention?

When the government sees ANY death or tragedy for that matter pick up steam on it's own accord through social media or the internet in general, it then has a decision to make.

Any prefab plans the government has manufactured needs a platform and this is their eyes has either not gained enough momentum or does not fit the specific criteria they require to launch their plan.

The government doesn't wait for the mainstream media to pick it up and then decide. The decision is made after it has gained considerable traction amongst peers and only then green lighted for the media to add a log to the fire as they see fit.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Hey op. As a fellow moron I too think that the mass media not reporting every murder on a national level means that no one cares. I don't think very well.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Jamie1, I think it is more about the REASON they were shot rather than the fact they were shot. The reason for the shootings in Chicago is probably gang related or simply lifestyle choices that lead to bad associations and actions.

Paris is a bit deeper and more internationally relevant.

When one can say this it surely must be time for a little introspection shouldn't it? After all, people just dying, every day, by violent crime. Something isn-'t working. I don't live in the US. I do however see the same l'aissez faire in relation to the value given to life.

link   

I fail to see the problem?

link   
a reply to: Aliian

Dying doesn't make news. It's who died.

You have to be a celebrity, victims of a mass shooter or terrorist to make the news. Everyday shootings and murders in America, just another day in the ghetto.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join