It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: BNP Leader Held in Racial Hatred Probe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
The leader of the far-right British National Party, Nick Griffin, has been arrested after being secretly filmed stating that Islam is "a wicked, vicious faith". This is the 12th arrest over 5 months in what the police believe to be the BNP's plan to incite racial hatred.

www.wanadoo.co.uk
The police probe was triggered by a BBC documentary, broadcast in July, which included footage of Griffin giving a speech in the northern town of Keighley in which he railed against the Koran and Islam.
"This wicked, vicious faith has expanded through a handful of cranky lunatics about 1,300 years ago until it's now sweeping country after country," he said.

Other footage in "The Secret Agent" documentary -- watched by some 4 million viewers -- shows another BNP member expressing a wish to blow up mosques with a rocket launcher and machine-gun worshippers with "about a million bullets."

Another member told how he put dog faeces through an Asian shop's letterbox, while a third described how he beat up a Muslim man. "I'm kicking away ... it was fantastic," he said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

BNP members believe this is nothing more than a ploy by the Labour party to win back the Islamic vote, as a result of losing much favour over the war in Iraq.

Having heard many people lately say they're coming around to the BNP's "way of thinking", believing that they're not the racists they were once portrayed to be anymore I can only see this as a good thing.
They can try to hide their hatred as much as possible, but people should see them for what they really are.

Because these arrests have been made without any charges coming to light so far, do you believe they should've been made?

[edit on 12-14-2004 by Zion Mainframe]

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Living in the US, the BNP seems like a white nationalist party. But there are members on this board who swear up and down that they are not racist, love everyone, and just want to curb immigration. This story doesn't help my opinion of them.

JAK

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Hey curme,

Quite few years ago now in a certain area of Kent things got quite heated between the BNP and a group of Anarchist friends of mine. One of my friends was actually thrown down a cliff and left there. He ended up partially disabled through the injuries he recieved.

That, as far as I am concerned, is the real face of the BNP.

Jack

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Wow... it seems like there really is no freedom of speech in Britain...

Just think about how often people bash christianity, white men, 'the man', etc, etc... and then you'll realize how selective most hate speech laws are.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Here's some really macho free speech:

Quote - "Another member told how he put dog faeces through an Asian shop's letterbox, while a third described how he beat up a Muslim man. "I'm kicking away ... it was fantastic," he said. "

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Im in the U.K.

We probbaly have more freedom of speech over here than you guys in U.S.A.

The B.N.P arnt much of a problem. More like an annoying fly that needs to be squated.

Time will tell. The story makes me pleased but also saddens me as well, because even though the world may be aware of this groups actions. Not much is getting done to do something about orginazations like those of the B.N.P

Other than observe and learn thier outcomes, which is good but not quite enough.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by yekway
Im in the U.K.

We probbaly have more freedom of speech over here than you guys in U.S.A.

The B.N.P arnt much of a problem. More like an annoying fly that needs to be squated.

Time will tell. The story makes me pleased but also saddens me as well, because even though the world may be aware of this groups actions. Not much is getting done to do something about orginazations like those of the B.N.P

Other than observe and learn thier outcomes, which is good but not quite enough.

I doubt that you have more freedom of speech there. You only have it when you follow a specific party line, really.

I know many forms of speech are banned, as are various films and books.

BNP is the British equivilant of the KKK, for those of you that dont know.

Minus the white hoods and funny titles, that is.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Evil elf Im sorry you are wrong.

In the U.K. we have a better form of outlet of freedom of speech than in the U.S.A. or anywhere else inthe world, whether we follow a party or not.

I for one do not follow any party, simply because they all lie in one form or another.

But I can say what I like with out going to prison, unlike certain blacks that are in prison. Or other minorites held in prsion.

In the U.K you can get away with murder. Just look at David Icke, he lives in the U.K. Or if you think Im wrong, then why do you think the U.K is so overwhelmed by other people from different places in the world.!

Anyway, the B.N.P. is not the same as the K.K.K.

They are simaller but not the same. To me they are both vile! and need to go.

new topics

top topics

join