It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Cruz, Longtime Foe Of NASA And Science, Will Oversee NASA And Science In New Congress

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: seabag

Did they change the Constitution? He was born in Calgary, Alberta - Canada. Since he was not born in America, how can he run for President? I think the point is moot, he wont even get the nomination, but unless there is a change in the law - or Alberta gets annexed in America - he CANT be President.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas
a reply to: seabag

Did they change the Constitution? He was born in Calgary, Alberta - Canada. Since he was not born in America, how can he run for President? I think the point is moot, he wont even get the nomination, but unless there is a change in the law - or Alberta gets annexed in America - he CANT be President.

This is a common misconception. Natural Born Citizen has no legal defnition and therefore there is no law that says he can or can't run. The closest the courts have gotten is in saying certain people are "Natural born" but they've never actually defined what that term means. Cruz was born to American parents and that has been enough in other cases.

It's not a guarantee, nothing is with an ambiguous law but given past rulings he would likely be able to run.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Interesting. What 'other cases'? Who ran for President that was not born in America (excluding founding fathers) Wont the people that went nutz over Obama's birth certificate also lose their minds over this, IF he runs?

(I think it will all be academic, Cruz wont even get the Republican nomination, let alone run for Pres.)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Interesting. What 'other cases'? Who ran for President that was not born in America (excluding founding fathers) Wont the people that went nutz over Obama's birth certificate also lose their minds over this, IF he runs?

(I think it will all be academic, Cruz wont even get the Republican nomination, let alone run for Pres.)

Well, the Obama birth certificate thing was ridiculous but no people won't flip out over it. Some will rationalize it as ok because Obama got away with it, others will turn a blind eye because it's their guy this time. Some of the other cases were posted in this thread, look on page 5.

Personally, I see it as a non issue. I don't like Cruz but I'm all for him being allowed to run. I would like to see him get defeated, and if he's someone the people really want as president I'm ok with that too. People should get the candidates they want.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
The only republican that keeps me up at night is Jon Huntsmann, from a democrat perspective. If the repubs ever see his value, we democrats should worry about losing the 2016 run.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
The only republican that keeps me up at night is Jon Huntsmann, from a democrat perspective. If the repubs ever see his value, we democrats should worry about losing the 2016 run.

He seems more 'normal' then the rest of the field though.

Back on topic, we should speculate to see if Cruz calls for NASA to spend millions looking for proof of the biblical flood, and for NASA to oversee a study on the benefits of fracking and how smog is actually healthy for humans in the long term. LOL

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

John McCain was born in Panama lol. He was considered to be eligible even though he was born in another country because both parents were American citizens.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Leonidas

Chester Alan Arthur And The First Birther Myth: A 'President's Korner' Special

According to some, we've already had a Canadian as a president.

(of course I see that scandal as no more valid than the Obama is a Kenyan myth).

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join