It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone else have this problem?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I just can't stand interior lighting. It really gets to me. Here I am at 3 in the afternoon on a lovely overcasted rainy day, nice and gloomy outside. Despite that, the light through the windows is adequate for me, but no, I have to have the lamp on. Someone else that shares the same room (my girlfriend) just loves having the light on at any time possible, day or night. She's literally 'resting' in bed atm with a tummy ache, eyes closed, light on. My attempt to get it turned off just a few minutes ago failed. I have to negotiate terms for going to sleep at night, which is usually at least 45 mins or longer before she does (I wake up a little earlier though).

It almost bothers my eyes. I have really sensitive eyes, and the lamp is behind me across the room even. When I go out in a bright sunny day in the car for the first time, I've had to pull over before because my eyes were watering and forcing themselves shut due to the sheer sunlight in my face.

I'm not a dark depressive weirdo (lol), I just like it dim like a dungeon most of the time. I keep everything clean, and I turn the lights on to do so regularly. I also like rainy, windy, and dim lit days though.

Question: Does anyone have those glasses that automaticly dim themselves and adjust for lighting? Do those really work? How about indoors? Will they ever so slightly adjust to even interior room lighting levels? Please let me know all about them! lol.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I know what you mean.

Those self-dimming glasses are worthless. They're UV reactive- they won't go dark in the car with sunlight directly in your face, as the windshield strips the UV from the sun.

I've been buying "cree" LED 'daylight' bulbs for indoor use- they bother me significantly less than most others, it seems.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I've experienced it a few times in direct sunlight. My eyes trying to shut themselves from the suns rays. So yeah a few times being unable to see properly.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

I have to say that I don't have that problem to the same degree you do. I wanted to commiserate with you however because I'm very sorry to hear you have this condition and because I've got a similar problem(s).

I can't stand glare, whatsoever. When I was about 14, my doctor diagnosed me as light sensitive and prescribed polarized sunglasses which I found myself wearing indoors because I'm very sensitive to glare from fluorescent lighting. It causes headaches. When I entered the work force, I had an office job and even to this day, I have to unscrew 1 out of 2 fluorescent light bars in the ceiling fixtures of the office. Worse, I discovered I have an adverse reaction to the 60 cycle hum emitted by the fluorescent bulbs.

Now that I'm older, I have developed another problem of similar nature....I have no tolerance whatsoever for noise. I can't stand to watch very much television. My happiest moments are the early mornings where I can read and meditate in complete silence. Perfect...silence. I live in the country, far from highways or any cities or towns and I can go out to my back yard and listen...for hours...to the perfect silence of the still, winter mornings...before the birds start up. Worst part is, my wife has tinnitus, i.e., ringing in the ears...so she has to have some "noise" around her all the time. So...I spend a lot of time in the back yard, or in the house with my gun range noise cancelling headphones and ear plugs, (yes...both) on.

Good luck with your issues. Hope it gets better for you. I don't know about the graduating sunglass lenses. I just wear dark, green Aviator Polarized sun glasses...everywhere.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Have you been to the Eye Dr recently, this is a common side effect to glaucoma or enlarged nerves in the eyes

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
The transitions lenses work ok when going from indoors to outdoors .. though indoors not much help in artificial light..
prefer polarized lenses better visibility in adverse conditions and easier on the eyes..

Between being more of a night person .. and having light sensitive eyes I stick to polarized .. have better night vision than day vision..

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
You sound like a friend I used to have. The lights in his house were always dim, and when he went outside he always wore sunglasses. Maybe it's a genetic disposition.

For most people, not enough light can cause depression and lack of vitamin D. That's why is northern regions many people bathe in special light for a certain amount of time every day to avoid depression. Good lighting for me feels good.

Maybe you are buying the wrong kind of lights. Certain lights with certain frequencies really bother me while others feel great. In general too cool or too white is harsh light while warmer (more red) light is more comfortable. I think slightly warm is ideal. Cool Fluorescent is the worst.

I think the most comfortable is a low wattage Halogen - like 60 watts. Next is standard GE soft white, or low wattage LED.

You can point it upward so it can bounce off the ceiling. This is the most comfortable lighting imo.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Does anyone have those glasses that automaticly dim themselves and adjust for lighting?

No, but I used to. They are called 'reactolite glasses'.

Do those really work?

Yes.

How about indoors?

Mm, yeah.

Will they ever so slightly adjust to even interior room lighting levels?

Not all that good for indoors.

Over time, the lenses permanently darken anyway.

Talk to an optician.

I think I have a solution to your problem though.

You need a different girlfriend.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

First off I ADORE a gloomy rainy day. I friggin love it! No better time in the week or month to slap your rear end on the couch, chair, floor or wherever and bring out a book. That is heaven for even a little while

But yes I get it. I used to be that person who had to have a light on all the time. Now I keep the bare minimums when needed. Like my hallway gets dark so if I need to use the restroom, the light will go on, head to the bathroom, come back and light back off

good post

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I rather can not stand the bright sunshine and if in the summer I somehow get used to it gradually, then this smooth transition to the sunny spring makes me angry.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

They're UV reactive- they won't go dark in the car with sunlight directly in your face, as the windshield strips the UV from the sun.

What car?

even most window tints unless its ceramic based doesn't stop the UV rays no matter how dark the tint is.

Here in Australia you cannot have window tinting on your windshield.

Interested in what car or what windshield has UV protection.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Are you a smoker?

Nicotine, weed all has a prolonged affect on your vision. creates a sensitivity.

Heavy weed smoking or being stoned the night before and a very sunny day the next will make quite a few squint.

certain vitamins or a better diet containing vitamins to help your eye sight may help.

There is also the possibility its genetic that makes one sensitive to light.

Last on the list, you have mixed vampire and human DNA, can live in the sunlight without burning to a crisp but makes your vision sensitive to light, especially sunlight.

I've had to pull over before because my eyes were watering and forcing themselves shut due to the sheer sunlight in my face.

I was going to ask if its only artificial lighting but if sunlight does this then stop smoking man

Jokes. sorts of...

See an optometrist, they could help you understand if its not weed.

With what I quoted, I had the exact same symptoms, when going out in a sunny day.

weed was the main cause.

Not so much now, still smoke cigarettes so I assume it was the weed that created the extreme sensitivity where my eyes would water if I tried keeping them open on sunny days, someday it would take a few hours to adjust other days it would simply be too unbearable and would need to be indoors.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Is it possible you are starting to get visual migraines? As others have said go see an optometrist.
edit on 12-3-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Purchase lighting products that are 2700 Kelvin temperature or lower. You're most likely using the wrong color temp for your personal requirements.

This info will be printed on the packaging.

top topics

join