It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

>U.S. 2 Albuquerque Officers Charged With Murder in Shooting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
abcnews.go.com...

Two Albuquerque police officers have been charged with murder in the March killing of a homeless camper, a shooting that generated sometimes violent protests around the city and sparked a federal investigation, prosecutors said Monday.

SWAT team member Dominique Perez and former Detective Keith Sandy will each face a single count of open murder in the death of 38-year-old James Boyd, Second District Attorney Kari Brandenburg said. Open murder allows prosecutors to pursue either first-degree or second-degree murder charges.

Police said Perez and Sandy fatally shot Boyd, who was holding a knife, during an hourslong standoff in the foothills of the Sandia Mountains. Video from an officer's helmet camera showed Boyd, who had struggled with mental illness, appearing to surrender when officers opened fire.

I don't think justice will be served in this case. As a local I have no confidence in the DA. he will softball his prosecution because he knows the score with the APD. The deadly duo may lose their jobs but that's about it.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Hooray for Albuquerque...see what can happen when you don't take this sh*t laying down. Take a lesson you other 49 states and demand justice wherever its due.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Opens them to civil suits though and we all know what language our government speaks...dollars and cents!

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

they need to lose their guns too.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I live in Burque too.

Nothing will happen.

Heck, one of them stated on the police radio, that he intended to shoot the homeless man in the penis.

And ... Nothing.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

So if there not charged they need to be kicked out of town. Or something. they tried to act like it was of call of duty or something. you could tell they got off on it.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Nope no justice will be served. The charges were allowed so they could try and quell the protestors. Unfortunately it's going to take some mob justice to make these prosecutors start giving out prison time. Once a mob lynches one of these guys the judges will then decide next time it's best to put the officers in jail until people calm down.
That's how our justice system works, fix it only after someone dies horribly.
edit on 12-1-2015 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

This should not be tried in ABQ. It should be tried in another venue.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

This should not be tried in ABQ. It should be tried in another venue.

Perhaps but the cozy relationships between LE and the DAs is so widespread this trial would have been meaningless almost anywhere. Plea bargain down to something with no repercussions. That's what's going to happen.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

You're a local, right? If so, I have a question or two. Maybe 10.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I thought Sandy already quit as a bargain to avoid a murder charge. (Wow, can I have that ability too? WOT A DEAL)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
.....and they killed another one yesterday.

top topics

join