It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS Sympathizers "Hack" U.S. CentCom Social Media Accounts - Claim to have hacked Pentagon

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I managed to view one video on the youtube site, before it was shut down, did anyone else? It was arabic singing and flashing red, black subliminal messages of humiliating rabbis, illuminated, tahwadeen (whatever that means).

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: kosmicjack

While drumming up more hate for Muslims.

Ugh.

If it walk like a duck...

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I hope for the worlds sake that North Korea didn't strike a deal to farm out their hack team to ISIS. It would be payback plush some side-cash. Not to generalize too much, but the average ISIS recruit does not originate from an economic circumstance with resources that affords them the advanced Computer Science knowledge necessary to engage in these types of attacks. Nor have they had the luxury of setting up a hack team base with top-tier PC's and internet etc. They have been moving too fast in war zones and impoverished territory. I just don't see it.
At least not enough to assemble the team necessary to pull this off. They likely used their steady oil money to farm it out...and if they farmed it out to North Korean hackers, on the heels of the last attack, that is bad news for the world at large because we will be forced to respond in a non-symbolic way. If it was farmed out to China, NK, or Russian Hackers....Someone just made a big mistake. After France, no one is going to blink an eye if a hack+threat is met with a drone strike.

edit on 12-1-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Hefficide was correct folks,a new front has opened up in the war for civilization-

The cyber war is upon us,there is little doubt of that now.

But if ISis supporters think they are doing great by hacking centcom twitter..
Wait for the knock,lowlifes.

Wait for the knock.

My guess is they have been centcom honeytrapped,and may soon regret their foolishness in the form of hellfire.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Considering ISIS view of women and sex in general, it would not surprise me that they would think sexytime photos would be a bigger dealer, than we think it is.

Hmmm... good point.

Their mentality may be quite immature with regards to sexuality and thus may think that posting such ridiculous things could actually bring down the military ?

This is starting to turn into a satirical joke.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Before we all lose our heads over this...

His spokesman Josh Earnest said the US is looking into the Centcom hacking.

He said they were investigating the extent of the incident, and that there was a significant difference between a large data breach and the hacking of a twitter account.

A unnamed Pentagon official told Reuters the hacking was an embarrassment but did not appear to be a security threat.

Let's be clear: this does not appear to be a hack of US Central Command, or any of its systems. It's far less sophisticated than that - but this was always intended to be a PR coup rather than a technical one.

Messages on Twitter pointed to what hackers call a "data dump" - proof, they say, that they've accessed top secret files.

That claim is so-far unverified. The BBC found at least one of the "leaked" images was in fact already publicly available on the Pentagon's website - but the source of the other information posted is unclear.

BBC News

As I've mentioned before on a couple of other threads. The end result of all of this will be the end of the internet as we know it today. It will be monitored completely. People may think this would never happen because we (apparently) live in a free society which values openness and free speech.

However we also live in an Orwellian nightmare where the U.S. can straight up torture people while still claiming to stand for the above values.

They can invade and ruin countries (Iraq) and then with a completely straight face criticize Russia for their actions in Ukraine, with John Kerry saying "You just don’t in the 21st century behave in 19th century fashion by invading another country on completely trumped up pretext.”

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Hi first post etc.

Has anyone downloaded the files that were posted at Pastebin?

Im looking at the us army files right now.

48mbs
17 pdf files in 3 maps

Downloading the other file soon.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

There are apparently secret personnel documents being posted via the Twitter account.

apparently ISIS is BSing a little..

They hacked Twitter and Youtube...not really a big deal, but as far as the secret docs..

However, it also looks like the documents that are being tweeted and posted online were already on Pentagon sites and elsewhere on the internet before the purported hack. Most of the documents in the downloads date back to 2005. The most recent is from 2008.

gizmodo.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serotonine
Hi first post etc.

48mbs
17 pdf files in 3 maps

Can't see any harm given that non of this is classified - apparently.

Just be careful for viruses etc!

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

There are apparently secret personnel documents being posted via the Twitter account.

apparently ISIS is BSing a little..

They hacked Twitter and Youtube...not really a big deal, but as far as the secret docs..

However, it also looks like the documents that are being tweeted and posted online were already on Pentagon sites and elsewhere on the internet before the purported hack. Most of the documents in the downloads date back to 2005. The most recent is from 2008.

gizmodo.com...

2005 and 2008 eh?

So how come they include the likes of:

Memo - Resetting the PPBES Process - 12 Jun 14.pdf

Doesn't look so old to me.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Both the Twitter and YouTube accounts for CENTCOM were suspended minutes after the initials tweets and uploads.

Wasn't it 40 minutes? Minutes is kind of a stretch.
edit on 12-1-2015 by FireflyStars because: na

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: citizenx1

looks like every military member, retired or active, and their families, now have to find out if they are in the lists in those files.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Hi first post etc.

48mbs
17 pdf files in 3 maps

Be careful to scrub any files you get. They're likely infected with malware.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Hi first post etc.

48mbs
17 pdf files in 3 maps

Nope more than likely the download sites are being scrutinized and IP address are being recorded.
Besides I have hard enough time keeping myself of the watch list why would I make more problems form myself

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

I wouldn't doubt that one bit. For all we know, they could be turning all the downloaders into part of a bot net. Definitely not a group of files I would be jumping to download.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Serotonine

Watch your 6 buddy.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
i would suggest not downloading them and if you think you may be in them, contact the right authorities to find out if you are.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

How convenient right before Obama's internet security speech too.

Drum roll...................................................and Introduction

“America’s economic prosperity, national security, and our individual liberties depend on our commitment to securing cyberspace and maintaining an open, interoperable, secure, and reliable Internet. Our critical infrastructure continues to be at risk from threats in cyberspace, and our economy is harmed by the theft of our intellectual property. Although the threats are serious and they constantly evolve, I believe that if we address them effectively, we can ensure that the Internet remains an engine for economic growth and a platform for the free exchange of ideas.”
President Obama

Internet Security Speech February 12th

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Anybody feel the winds of change blowing in their faces yet again?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
ISIL are savages who've mastered the dark arts of Media the same way we have in the West. They coulda stolen the data and used it for planning attacks. Its all over the news and I truly feel nervous for the future. EXACTLY how they want us to feel! I KNOW this is there INTENT and I still feel nervous.

PROPAGANDA the same way we dump flyers in forein lands. The West says 'we KNOW were you live and we will DRONE attack your leaders!'

Now ISIS say 'we KNOW where you all live and can kill you in YOUR homes too. Fear us! '

We're ALL of usbeing dragged to the brink of darkness and wtf happens next? Who has the BALLS to change direction?

Dark days my friends. Popcorn and beer cos EVERY generation lives through conflict and time moves on. And it don't matter AT ALL who done the 'hacking.' Two sides are drawing lines in the sand and DARING the other to come on over. Situation is a Hot Red over and out!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join