It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interpol puts Viktor Yanukovych on wanted list

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
The ousted ex President who fled to Russia is now on the Interpol wanted list. Very much doubt Russia will entertain a request for extradition.

Yanukovych was forced out of office after he tried to introduce draconian anti-protest laws to put an end to the Euromaidan protests. The rest, as they say is history.

Guardian newspaper
Interpol
RT.com for balance
BBC

Regards

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Technically, he is wanted by the Ukrainian authorities. Interpol simply acts as an information clearing house. I will certainly notify the authorities if I see Yanukovytch hanging out at the local Ukrainian deli.a reply to: paraphi

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Lol Interpol. Bunch of hypocrits. They should arrest themselves

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annunak1

Please explain.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
See there not charging him with ordering the protestors shot,guess they know the fatherland Ukraine members of parliament instigated that

When will they be arrested?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whereismypassword
See there not charging him with ordering the protestors shot,guess they know the fatherland Ukraine members of parliament instigated that

When will they be arrested?

No, they can prove the embezzlement beyond a reasonable doubt. Other charges might follow.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
This is an early report, but illustrates the probelm with corruption under Yanukovych. Nice retirement, albeit enforced!

Source

Speaking in parliament, Yatsenyuk said that the former government had left the country with $75bn of debts. "Over $20bn of gold reserve were embezzled. They took $37bn of loans that disappeared," Yatsenyuk said. "Around $70bn was moved to offshore accounts from Ukraine's financial system in the last three years," he claimed.

Regards

edit on 12/1/2015 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Russia happens to be a sovereign country, which is a big thorn on side of those who want US world domination.

Russia won't hand over Snowden or anyone else to those who sold their souls for 12 pieces of silver.

The most powerful man in Ukraine now is US ambassador and Biden's son...

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
OOPPPS
edit on 1/12/2015 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annunak1

Lol except Interpol doesn't arrest people

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

If Annuk1 can't explain his or her comments, perhaps one of the two people who starred them can explain....

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

I doubt it....

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I think it's simple - Interpol, like the ICC and other such organizations are politically controlled and motivated. I think that should be apparent to anyone looking at their past performance. If it were otherwise, many people in power today would have long ago been jailed, along with the bankers controlling them.

The fact they only seem to go after enemies stated by the western governments shows the hypocrisy and political motivations!

Rather ironic though that a country run by criminal Oligarchs should try to use an international policing organisation to arrest an opponent. Look over there, not at how I made all my money and what I am currently doing!

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Britguy

Interpol does not "go after" anyone. All they do is transmit "wanted" notices from government to government. When bankers embezzle from their employers, the government will have Interpol spread the word.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Britguy

Interpol can only "go after" whomever the member countries ask them to. And by "go after" I mean, as DJW said, they transmit information to other member countries.

top topics

join