It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Vaccine Might Prevent Diabetes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   
A vaccine, which has been successful at stopping Type 1 diabetes in laboratory mice, will be tested on humans in August of 2005. Type 1 diabetes, which is the most serious form of diabetes, is caused when the body's own immune system destroys the insulin producing Beta-Cells in the pancreas.

www.halifaxlive.com
A cure for Type 1 diabetes could be only ten years away if trials of a new vaccine to combat the disease succeeds.

A team of British researchers at the University of Bristol and King's College London plan to start the first human trials of the vaccine next year.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Amazing discovery. As a friend of a type 1 diabetic, I've seen how this disease has slowly and systematically destroyed his life. His sight is slowly leaving him, he has troubles with his extremities blood flows. This would be a boon to mankind should it truly work.

[edit on 14-12-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
It would be sweet if we found a cure for Type 1! I have Type 1 Diabetes, and it really hits hard on someone. I also read that pigs produce similar insulin hormones as humans, so scientists are testing to see if they could transplant those insulin cells into humans. I hope things turn up soon!

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm sure the 'good news' will soon be mandatorily injected into the school kids. What will this be, the 38th mandatory jab? No worries, when the kid starts manisfesting behavior problems due to the brain damage he has sustained from all the chemicals in the shots, they will have him/her on mandatory paxil and ritalin in no time.

[edit on 7-2-2010 by starviego]

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Seeing how this thread was started in 2004, it would be my bet that they did not have success in the human trials.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I don't know. Awful lot of vaccines out there these days, like one for cancer. I would like to believe drug companies, I really would. But, they haven't earned much of my trust as of late. I think there may be an attempt to herd us all toward a shot or drug of some sort.

I think if you've got diabetes, stick with the meds that are working for you, and in my personal opinion, I would seek out a natural solution to it until you find the answer. I have known people to have at least decreased their dependency on insulin. Just as a bit of a hint, cinnamon seems to have a positive effect with those afflicted with Diabetes.

Working on cures for this, working on cures for that, working, working, working, says Big Pharma. I've heard this for years. So, where are these cures they have been working on? All the while, and ordinary citizen tries a new approach, a new supplement, diet or something and they find their Cancer in remission or gone. (Cancer is just an example, by the way) But, does mainstream medicine embrace this? NO, because apparently there isn't enough money being made with those types of cures. No, we need to have high tech, high priced machines and chemicals involved. What a circus health care has become. Some of those gadgets are wonderful and they save lives, but that stuff is not always needed.

Troy

[edit on 8-2-2010 by cybertroy]

new topics

top topics

join