It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Works are the bridge between love and faith.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Jesus was the Lamb of God who removes sin from the world. That was a title that He accepted from his cousin, John the Baptist. Any student of the OT know that the lamb was an atoning sacrifice, and that much is repeated throughout the NT.

It should be clear that Jesus came specifically not to judge the world, but to be judged on our behalf.

That is why John 3 says to 'believe on the Son', not 'believe and play nice'.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: sacgamer25

What was your faith before your "gift of interpretation" was given to you? If it was different than the one you have now then your faith was baseless and you went in search of the true faith. Only after you read those religious texts did you receive your current faith which is that all scriptures are divine. You didn't believe that before, the work you did in studying the texts is what lead you to your current faith.

How could you have known they were all divinely inspired before reading (work) them? If you believed they were all divinely inspired before reading them then it was blind faith which is also baseless.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

I dont hate you, I just see what you are.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Yet Jesus still says that keeping his commands on love (doing good works) are what keep you in he and his Father's love. No sacrifice is mentioned in his commandments, yet he says that doing good to others is enough to remain in his love.

Can those who remain in his love be condemned based on non-belief in a sacrifice? If so, Jesus lied.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Their is message hidden in this passage.

Matthew 7
1 “Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

When I started on my journey of the Light I condemned myself to hell. The one who condemns himself to hell does have the right to judge other according to the same measure.

This means that if I were to judge you tell hell, I am claiming that your mind needs to be condemned just like mine did.

But I am also hopping that my judgment on my brother will lead him to repentance and the same Grace that was given me when the Light revealed himself to me.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   

I don't see any of that in that passage. I see Jesus telling us not to judge lest we are judged in the same manner.

Again, you are deconstructing. I'm not too sure what you're getting at either.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Yes... I am the wolf... though I do prefer "the shepherd's Lowly dog" (cat)

And you are "the Paulian"... and your Christ was of the Tribe of Benjamin...

Benjamin is a ravenous wolf; in the morning he devours the prey, in the evening he divides the plunder according to the bible...

So which wolf tells the truth?

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

What was your faith before your "gift of interpretation" was given to you? If it was different than the one you have now then your faith was baseless and you went in search of the true faith. Only after you read those religious texts did you receive your current faith which is that all scriptures are divine. You didn't believe that before, the work you did in studying the texts is what lead you to your current faith.

How could you have known they were all divinely inspired before reading (work) them? If you believed they were all divinely inspired before reading them then it was blind faith which is also baseless.

I knew the other texts were divinely inspired because of this passage, which I understood before reading the other texts.

Acts 5 38 Therefore, in the present case I advise you: Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. 39 But IF IT IS FROM GOD, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO STOP THESE MEN; you will only find yourselves fighting against God.”

My faith before I prayed for the gift of interpretation. I had listened to the bible for about 2 years while driving in my car and I was hearing a message in Paul that was different from anything I heard at church.

Their is a passage where Peter says Paul's letters are hard to understand, and Paul claimed to speak in tongues more than most. So I decided that Paul's letters were written in tongues. By this time I was convinced that I was a prophet and before praying for the gift I went to some Christian friends house to do bible study, but they were convinced everything I was saying was wrong.

This is when I prayed for the gift of tongues and received it. The base of my faith has not changed much over the last couple of years, but my understanding of the divine and how our minds interact with the divine has grown exponentially.

My faith truly did precede my works.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

So which wolf tells the truth?

The one who can make sense of the OT and NT as a whole without taking scripture out of its obvious context.

But hey, its not like anyone actually respects the truth anymore.

Have a good night Akragon. I cant in good faith recant what I said, but I will apologize for saying it.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   

I appreciate that

Goodnight

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   

I don't see any of that in that passage. I see Jesus telling us not to judge lest we are judged in the same manner.

Again, you are deconstructing. I'm not too sure what you're getting at either.

Remove the log from your eye before you remove the speck from your brother. One must first judge oneself to remove the Log from his eye, and you must judge your brother as a sinner to help him remove the speck from his eye.

I have condemned my mind to hell, so if I judge it is righteous. This passage cannot condemn me, because I have already condemned myself. The one who condemns men to hell but has never judged himself as deserving hell proves through his words that he lives in the darkness.
edit on 13-1-2015 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-1-2015 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   

If it is of God then it will endure huh? Kind of like those who have had power over this world for all of recorded history? They have endured and so has evil, so I guess that means their actions are the work of God? They have been around longer than any Scripture.

Pagan mythology was scripture at one point, it endured for a while but it eventually fell. The same goes for the bible or any other scripture, they will all fade away at some point to be replaced by the next mythology thought up in the mind of man.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:32 AM
link   

If it is of God then it will endure huh? Kind of like those who have had power over this world for all of recorded history? They have endured and so has evil, so I guess that means their actions are the work of God? They have been around longer than any Scripture.

Pagan mythology was scripture at one point, it endured for a while but it eventually fell. The same goes for the bible or any other scripture, they will all fade away at some point to be replaced by the next mythology thought up in the mind of man.

God himself claims in the OT that he rises the Babylonians to Power in the end times. And he warns us that they will corrupt the interpretation and make it into maddening wine. So yes it is God's will that Pagans and demon worshipers who don't follow the light will rule this world until the age of Light.

But he does promise to eliminate these practices from the world when the age of Light comes.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   

So you deserve hell? That sounds a lot like the defeatist attitude fundamental Christians have.

You don't deserve hell and you condemning yourself sounds a lot like what Christians do because of belief in original sin.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   

So you deserve hell? That sounds a lot like the defeatist attitude fundamental Christians have.

You don't deserve hell and you condemning yourself sounds a lot like what Christians do because of belief in original sin.

I'm not sure anyone deserves hell, but I knew that my mind was broken, and had no clue how to fix it. So I condemned my mind to hell because I realized that I was literally fighting a war against God. I would rather be in hell accepting my condemnation than to be stuck with a broken mind that had no idea how to get out.

My midlife crisis brought me to Christ. He who has been forgiven much loves much, and I love much.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   

So God condemned millions of people to believing lies and torture and abuse and death? Why? That's a very cruel thing to do to his children whom he claims he loves.

If god commanded us to not kill then why does he command those in the OT to kill? He forced his people to break his commandment.

If god is merciful then why did he show no mercy to his enemies in the OT?

What is the purpose of letting the Babylonians have power? What's the end game? Why does he reward the evil but punish the good by giving them power?

You are sounding a lot like a fundamentalist Christian right now.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   

I think you have that backward brother...

He who forgives much is forgiven much, and is loved much... because he loves

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:46 AM
link   

So after you condemned yourself to hell you somehow came out with the truth? There is no truth in hell. Satan masquerades as an angel of light, maybe you met this "angel of light" while in hell and bought his lies.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

Is faith anything without works?

Jesus said that if you don't believe in him (have faith), then at least believe in the good works he performed so that you can come to understand who he is. Works are what show you have faith, faith does not show you have works, which is why James said faith without works is dead.

You just proved my point. Jesus' works revealed His essense. In a like manor, our works are to reflect our faith. Jesus wasnt the Messiah BECAUSE of His works. It was BECAUSE He was Messiah that He could prove it with His works.

There is not one scripture that Yahoshua says he had faith or that he did his own works.He did say many times he only did what he heard from the father and only did the fathers works because he knew(loved) the father.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
okay.. let me ask you this:

I say in and of myself as an unbeliever and a sinner I cannot do any good work - you say I can. Mind you, I am a sinner and without Christ.

So... why do you say I can do a good work?
edit on 13-1-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join