It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not today, not ever.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Did someone ever spit into you mother's face in front of you? Posted nude pictures of your sister on the internet? Took a sh*t on your grandfather's medals?

Charlie Hebdo "journalists" did all that professionaly for years. They even got paid.

Therefore today I am – Syrian;

I am – Odessite burned alive in Trade Unions House;

I am – Palestinian boy suffocating beneath ruins of my own house in Gaza;

I am – Jewish granny killed by unguided rocket;

I am – five years old Arseny, torn to pieces by mortar shell launched by Ukrainian army in Slavyansk. Last thing I've seen before I went blind –
my mother dying to let me live for six more hours;

I am – cab driver, mechanic, miner, factory worker from Donetsk protecting my family from Ukrainian neonazis invasion;

I am – tortured Guantanamo adbuctee. No lawyer, no trial – my relatives don't even know I'm still alive;

I am – Cuban rotting away in secret CIA prison in a random country. Maybe it is even yours, I do not know;

I am – teenager killed by USA cop without warning, because cop "felt threatened";

I am – one of the innocent French policemen killed on 7th of January.

But I am NOT your f***ing Charlie!

Not today, not ever.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   

It was a moving speech last night. Which will likely spawn many more differentiations.
edit on 1/12/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: maghun

It must be to early, or it must be to late, as I don't get you're post rant about what you say !!

I am Charlie.

edit on 12-1-2015 by RayVon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
are the drawings in bad taste? Yep.
Do they justify killing dozens of people? Nope.

Simple as that really. those lunatics went out of their way to express violent outrage over something that they could have just ignored, or responded to in a similar way.
Sometimes being offended/outraged is a choice and depends entirely on "you" wanting to be angry about something.

I am not Charlie, nor anything else.
I am just someone that doesn't go out of his way to get pissed about stuff.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: RayVon

...to late...

I am Charlie.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: maghun
a reply to: RayVon

...to late...

I am Charlie.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: maghun

It's another bandwagon isn't it - all these avatars and signatures - I even saw it written in dust on the back of a car today "Je Suis Charlie"

Je Suis Bandwagon!

And before anyone tells me they feel for the families of the poor people that died... how about what OP said above: Je Suis a Cuban, Je Suis some bloke from the Congo who experiences brutalisation every week.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
To compare these Journalists who knew exactly who they were provoking.

To the 3000 innocent people just living their lives. That were murdered on 911.

Not a fair or accurate comparison. This event doesn't come close to the carnage of 911.

It wasn't too long ago when our troops were all over Vietnam looking for Charlie.

These guys were your basic smut peddlers. So No, I am not Charlie.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Im offended by a lot of things that are happening to Christians, but I'm not going to go out and kill people because their beliefs are different then mine!

If you dislike Christianity and those that believe so be it. Express your beliefs in whatever way you choose with exception to using physical violence.

That being said anyone who interprets any religion in a way that justifies in their mind the need to kill someone over a bunch of satirical cartoons needs to have their head examined!

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I am - 3000 plus innocent Americans and Foreigners killed on Sept 11, 2011.

I am - 2000 Nigerians killed by Boko Haram

I am - 35,000 and counting Syrians and Iraqi's killed by Isis

I am - countless others around the world killed by Al queda and their affiliates.

edit on 12-1-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
How about "I am me, and I feel for anyone who is suffering"

Not catchy enough, I know, I'll try to think of something more meaningless and brain-dead, that should catch a little better!

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I am Charlie....

But no way in Jahannam, am I Charlie...

I said on the day, they knew what to expect, I almost became an ATS Pariah...

I stand by what I said...

If there is the slightest chance extremists will kill innocent people over your "freedom"...

F# your freedom...

You drag others down with you, you don't deserve the freedom!!!

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   
all Muslims are responsible for this because they wont stand up to the supposed radicals of their faith and stop them. so in a sense they are approving when they don't take action against them.

new topics

top topics

join