It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doubts raised over authenticity of Charlie Hebdo footage

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Although aside from some of the promoted sites and the time stamp it does look authentic.

Yeah, the time stamp was an instant eye catcher to me.
I agree, if it is a hoax type, "fake" something meant to appear to be BBC affiliated...I have to give them the fact that it looks fairly legit, at first glance.....and second glance....and I notice people are sharing the sh## out of it over at fb and claiming it legit. Of course, confirmation bias and all that jazz runs deep at a place like fb where one can just block out all those with opposing opinions/facts/information if one so chooses....

I would rather be here.....posting it in this exact forum...where my more "rationally mind" friends are. Deconstruct this information, we will

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: infinityorder

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
It's not the real BBC website pal, and if I noticed correctly the edit time did say 9:11... Tasteless to be honest.

I don't think he was executed how it was portrayed though...

No flinch or jerk of the head from an AK round at point blank...
Not possible...

But he had been shot a few times prior to the failed execution shot, there is no doubting the man passed away imo!

I don't have any problem believing that was a headshot. A 7.62 FMJ round, likely what was used, would only make a small entry and exit hole as they are meant to pass through objects and remain somewhat lethal to what is behind...they don't typically fragment and hardly expand at all. They do not cause cavitation as hollow point rounds are made to do in order to destroy surrounding tissue.

A close range headshot would have passed through very quickly and would not have caused any jerky motions since it would have shut the nervous system down immediately....hence no twitch or jerk from the officer when shot.

Only the teflon coated military grade, not for civies, pass through clean.

I can tell you from personal experience regular rounds cause cavitation, I have seen the giant exit holes in hogs I shot with them.

And I can tell you from personal experience with hog and deer that they pass clean through (small entrance and exit) with very little to no blood/matter transferred outside the body until a bit of time after the shot. The only reason for any serious cavitation to occur from a FMJ round in this size would be if it were a "tumbler". They are specifically made to pass through hard targets without deformation, hence the reason why, unless very accurate (vital organ shot), people are left standing after being hit with one of these rounds...as well as some of the game I have hunted having to take a second shot to go down.

Either way....these guys were military of some sort, so it is also possible they had access to rounds we wouldn't normally find on the street, such as hardened rounds (armor piercing) or teflon coated.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26

If you want to study some fake footage of the attack you might want to watch this.

France False Flag Shooting -- Attackers SPLICED IN + COPS cut out + Man in bullet proof vest watches

link   
Fake BBC article so no comment to make.

edit on 12-1-2015 by lonesomerimbaud because: was fake.

link   

No, it's not BBC related, one sure way to find out is going to the BBC site and find the article, you won't find it as it is only on the fake site, which has nothing to do with BBC, it's just clever made.

FROM REDDIT
edit on 12-1-2015 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   

I don't want to drift the thread, but the authenticity of the site has been established.

Established as what? Legit or no?

Point blank without a drop... No, not for me thanks...

Well, I'll slide off OP topic for just a second and tell you something I saw this morning during an fb discussion I was having about it.....someone posted a horrific video that I would not dare post here....Mass executions at a bridge...they would take the guy, hold his head through the rails, put a round in his head and dump them in a river about 50 or so feet below.

Now, the guy who posted it was claiming that a clean shot without all the blood and gore was impossible and to "watch at 3 mins" because it was absolutely graphic as it comes.....anyways, I was enduring it. Before I get to that mark, at 2:35 a guy is next in line (RIP) and is shot, point blank...clean shot, no blood spray and all that. Again, I won't post it here, but if anyone wants it I am under the assumption that it wouldn't be against T&C to U2U it to someone if they ask (am I right about that?)....

Anyways, enough with that for me.
Damn....how did I get to all this so early on in the day

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Yeah for sure it does look like the BBC set up...

I have a feeling it's similiar to the fake NSA (?) Website that looks just like a .gov with some hardly noticeable discrepancies...

Can't seem to find it on google but I do recall people talking about a website like that the last couple of months...

You're right to dodge Tracebook as well, way too biased & vastly uninformed bunch of people really...

edit on 12-1-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

Is it "fake" or is it something like yahoo does, where they allow links that are "flavor of the day". I see those all the time because in the past I have thought, "really, yahoo is promoting THAT?".....

It is clever made, that is for sure.

What is with the BBC thing at the bottom...?
Where it says "BBC © 2014 The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more."

Click the read more.
That isn't from the BBC?

That is why I'm leaning towards it being something like what yahoo does...
Make sense?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

You're right to dodge Tracebook as well, way to biased & vastly uninformed bunch of people really...

Well, at the risk of running this off into an ATS/fb pissing contest, I will say that is an fairly uninformed point of view.
It all depends on the "friends" one surrounds themselves with. I have some friends there from all over the world that are very objective and I have been "blocked" by those I have called out for posting wrong information/propaganda because they don't want debate.....I choose to stay away from them. However, I like opposing opinions and debate so I keep a wide array of people on board there.....It reminds me very much of my experience here.

I could care less if they are tracking me....they are tracking us everywhere. One isn't much better than the other.
I'll speak these words till I die and am willing to fight for them. I have no quarrel with TPTB knowing that I despise this or that....none! F em!
Ain't none of us getting out of here alive anyways, might as well stand for the truth (as I see it)...

I have a feeling it's similiar to the fake NSA (?) Website that looks just like a .gov with hardly noticeable discrepancies...

My feeling as well.
I want to note again that when the page was loading, I saw a "madcowproductions" thing flash (sorry, not computer terminology literate to that extent) at the bottom of my screen in that little load screen, or whatever it is (sorry to sound ignorant about that at the moment....some enlighten me to what that little "load tab" is called...please
)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Here you go, all the info you need.CLICK ME

It's just a domain name, and someone created a fake site looking and linking to the real BBC, but it's not related to the BBC

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   

The site was registered two weeks ago, which is pretty creepy. And it had been scraping large sections of the BBC -- a reverse search through Google shows a lot of scraping having happened prior to the attacks, since all of the dates I see on stories are Jan 4 or earlier. That's even creepier. I'm not going to post the name of the guy who registered this, but you can do a simple WHOIS lookup on that domain to find out who. It is a fairly common name, but it does show up from time to time in recent news comment sections, in apparent support of Daesh.

An interesting comment from your Reddit link....
Thanks for that as well.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Clever bastards!

All this obfuscation makes me SICK!
*might have to head off to the RANT forum soon

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Damn....how did I get to all this so early on in the day

Don't be disheartened my friend, we just like to question everything

Sounds like an ISIS video you described, I saw similar, they had them lined up & 1 by 1 they gave a back of the head shot and dumped them into the river off the side of the wooden pier/small boat harbour...

These guys were standing up when shot, so blood wasn't visible, also a handgun was the weapon of choice...

But in the same video a different style of execution occurred...

Roughly 100 men lined face down on their stomachs, 1 by 1 back of the head shots, with splatter & unmistakable jerks from impact... This time with an assault rifle...

If I saw one of them not twitch, I'd have no questions, but of the 20-30 they showed before fading to black, everyone of the jerked on impact, violent jerks as well...
Which led me to wonder why this cop, who was at an identical distance didn't flinch 1 millimetre...
Now the argument is it severed any nerves & hindered a jerk...

But he didn't slump either, he rolled back into the foetal position as if playing dead, as much as he could considering the wounds he'd already suffered...

Now would a body with the brain stem snapped/shattered/insert word roll gently, or slump?

Sorry to seem like a drifter, but your debating techniques are very good, & I'd like to hone my skills

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: infinityorder

Only the teflon coated military grade, not for civies, pass through clean.

Where did you this from? Teflon was mainly used for anti-fouling and was confined, for the most part, to handgun ammunition.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Dabrazzo

Yeah.....no.

Thanks anyways.

Again, I don't believe it to be "fake" so there is no reason for me to watch this poor soul be executed for about the 100th time....I've watched the unedited video enough to make my mind up that it was a legit shot and the bullet, indeed, took his life.

I'm not that far "down the rabbit hole" with this one.
There are some questions to be raised, but imho, this video is being USED to distract attention from more obvious stuff (like the connections in questions these guys had...and their ties to certain 3 letters...and the knowledge certain 3 letters had of them before the attack......those are questions that seem to me to be imperative, yet here we are discussing what appears to me to be an execution rather than bigger pic)...

Divide and infighting keeps the attention off anything else that might be a bit "strange" here...just my opinion though.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
No flinch or jerk of the head from an AK round at point blank...
Not possible...

Real life is not like Hollywood, or Call of Duty.

He was executed.

Do we need to make sure the next time some sicko Islamists does something like this there is visible blood. Any particular jerky movements as the innocent is executed? Perhaps some pleading and a beating to make people believe that it's authentic?

Regards
edit on 12/1/2015 by paraphi because: typo

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Btw, now that we are at it.

Man who filmed murder of Paris police officer says he regrets putting it online

The man whose amateur video of a Paris police officer’s cold-blooded murder shocked the world now regrets sharing the footage online, saying he never expected it to be broadcast so widely.

Engineer Jordi Mir told The Associated Press he posted the video out of fear and a ‘stupid reflex’ fostered by years on social media.

‘I was completely panicked,’ he said in an exclusive interview across from the Parisian boulevard where the officer was shot to death by terrorists Wednesday morning.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

It was similar to the video you are talking about. I know that one, I've seen it as well (why I subject myself to this filth, IDK)

This one didn't seem like an ISIS vid to me...more like something from possibly Boko Haram. (the clothing sort of said that to me, anyways).

There was railing on the bridge and they were holding them through the rails, shooting them (with an AK) and then chucking them off the bridge. Very disturbing video.

Now would a body with the brain stem snapped/shattered/insert word roll gently, or slump?

I've actually seen both happen. I hunt a lot and have also slaughtered a lot of farm animals point blank. There are different reactions all the time, the most typical being the "jerk" and kick and all that reaction....but I've seen them simply slump over and their legs go out from under them and I've seen them stand (very briefly) and slowly drop to the ground.....It all depends on how much and what is severed. Also depends on how the round travels once it hits the body.

It is possible the shot went through his cheek, clean, and out the other side and the bullet hits the ground.
It's horrible to say, but maybe it didn't instantly kill him....sometimes pain causes us to "seize up", not jerk around....maybe that was the motion. Pulling his arm around to the pain, all the while barely able to because he is losing strength.

I really hate getting too graphic with this....it almost feels disrespectful. Watching a man die, over and over on film.
I don't know....I think I might step away from it for a while.

*Check your U2U

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

My comparison doesn't come from Hollywood or COD though...

It comes from a recent ISIS video & 30/30 jerked with almost identical shots to the Paris incident...
Distance, assault rifle, head shots... All jerked...

The cop rolls into a foetal position, after the concrete is torn up by the terrible point blank shot.

He was executed for sure, he'd already been hit 3-4 times...
That final shot, I'm not convinced at all yet.

Not that it matters in the grand scheme, a man died a horrible death...

But I do wonder about a media that feels they need to appeal to emotion with the point blank narrative when it was already as disgusting as it could have been with the initial shots.

That's my gripe with wanting to know why.

My prayers for a peaceful Afterlife journey go to the guy either way.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Yeah, too late for all that jazz.
He should have thought about that before posting it. With "years of social media experience" under his belt, he should have known what would arise because of it.

Btw...was he one of the ones wearing a flak jacket while filming from the roof? I'm not clear on who was who yet as I haven't pursued that one and don't have all the info. Lots of chatter, I just haven't had time to take a look at that yet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join