It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doubts raised over authenticity of Charlie Hebdo footage

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   

According to analysts, it appears that the footage was recorded over two takes, evidenced by a placement marker that appears by the front left wheel of the vehicle as the gunmen return from apparently gunning down a wounded Gendarme.

So, this found it's way to the BBC, or am I mistaken and this is some off site article they have featured? (It's early, you have to forgive the inability to decipher at this moment...brain not on task just yet)

The killing of the french policeman is also being called into question, due to the ‘lack of blood spatter consistent with that of a close range shooting’. As shown in the freeze frame below, smoke is shown to emit from the weapon, with no impact or trauma appearing to register on the body of the victim. The decision of many news outlets to blur out the victim is being debated as evidence of complicity in what many are now calling a hoax. Forensic and ballistics expert David Mayhew commented; “If the video shows events as they actually occurred, then in my opinion it is most likely that the firearm shown is discharging blanks rather than conventional ammunition”.

I have been extensively discussing this particular thing and am convinced the policeman was shot....but doubts are being raised by others with just as much (and more) experience as I feel I have in "real world shots"....
....not sure what to think anymore.

I also find it very odd that the BBC is running a PressTv link on their site.
Is this a hack job?

Having a very hard time believing they would run this story at this point in time...

And if one wants to get even more "tin foil hatty"......note the last update on the article. Some sick joke?

What say you, ATS? Tell me this is garbage and I have run across another hoax vs the other potential reality of it, that the BBC actually ran this article....

.....please.

Link to the "BBC" artice if that is indeed what this truly is.....?....

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   
LOL have to say this probably isnt a real BBC article.

Though the article is correct, much of the footage of that event has been shown to have been tampered with.

Yeah the links not hosted by the BBC servers, its on someones private cloudflare server, registered by a Mr.Michael Jones lol.
edit on 12-1-2015 by Dabrazzo because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-1-2015 by Dabrazzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
The website is not the BBC? Oddly, the URL is not www.bbc.co.uk.

I am doubtful of the provenance of this link.

Regards

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Dabrazzo

It appears fairly legit to me. (The link, I mean)....
All the traditional BBC stuff is there and the video appears to be from the BBC....but for some reason, near the end there is footage provided by "veteranstoday" which I don't bother with because I don't find them a credible source either.

I also find it strange that the footage is unedited, even though most versions lately have been edited to blur out the cop.

Idk....to wake up and see this without enough coffee to get my brain going...lol.
Imma hang around and lurk my own thread for a bit and see who comes up with what and then take it all in after about a pot of this STRONG coffee.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
It's not the real BBC website pal, and if I noticed correctly the edit time did say 9:11... Tasteless to be honest.

I don't think he was executed how it was portrayed though...

No flinch or jerk of the head from an AK round at point blank...
Not possible...

But he had been shot a few times prior to the failed execution shot, there is no doubting the man passed away imo!

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

So the official BBC site is simply BBC dot com. This one is, indeed, bbc-news.co. uk...

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
It's not the real BBC website pal, and if I noticed correctly the edit time did say 9:11... Tasteless to be honest.

Not possible...

But he had been shot a few times prior to the failed execution shot, there is no doubting the man passed away imo!

I don't have any problem believing that was a headshot. A 7.62 FMJ round, likely what was used, would only make a small entry and exit hole as they are meant to pass through objects and remain somewhat lethal to what is behind...they don't typically fragment and hardly expand at all. They do not cause cavitation as hollow point rounds are made to do in order to destroy surrounding tissue.

A close range headshot would have passed through very quickly and would not have caused any jerky motions since it would have shut the nervous system down immediately....hence no twitch or jerk from the officer when shot.
edit on 1/12/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

It's not the real BBC website pal

Then what is it?
Is it something affiliated with the BBC? Because it appears to be to me.
Here is a link that is at the very bottom of the screen. It seems to be affiliated with BBC, whether they sponsored this article or not, no?

I don't think he was executed how it was portrayed though

Well, we disagree here. I believe the shot hit him. I've discussed this extensively, so I won't go into it this morning (too early to repeat it again) but my experience with shooting things that are made of flesh and blood with high caliber weapons tells me that it is what you see there and that he was shot in the head....no blood because of wound cauterization. No sudden jerk or reaction from the shot because the brain stem was severed....but anyways, that's irrelevant to what we are saying here and I don't want to go off topic with that.

It's not the footage that is in question, to me at least..
It's who is hosting the article, or appears to be at first glance anyways....

No a doubt in my mind the poor soul is dead. May he RIP.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Definitely not a legitimate page. I just went into the BBC website and typed the headline in the search function. Nothing came up.

interesting none the less. I don't think the Police officer was shot through the head, more than likely shot through the chest, although it does look odd.
edit on 12/1/15 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

We are in agreement on that and I was typing up a bit of my summary of that as you must have been this response.

That is not where I was wanting to go with this thread though. That horse is being beat to death and I helped beat it yesterday, here and at fb....arguing with those that claim it to be "fake" or "staged" or "a blank" or whatever....

Some people don't understand wound cauterization or the difference in ammo....but anyways. I'm getting off topic.

What is this site? And why does it seem like the BBC is sponsoring this article. At the very least they are hosting it (it appears...unless the whole site is an impersonation hack job or something) and the link I posted to that disclaimer from the bottom of the OP link claims that someone from the BBC has viewed it and allowed it, whether they support it or not....

....like I said, just my take with foggy head...

DAMNIT guys...I'm off to that coffee now. Quit disturbing my coffee time by replying so fast...I can't keep up. LOL

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
The answer is in the youtube comments, it's a fake site with hyperlinks to the real BBC.

I'm surprised that unedited video is not removed from Youtube.

Anyway, the said "marker" is the car leaking, it looks like fluid running on the ground.

At the headshot you can clearly see the bullet hit the ground, if it was to be a hoax he was close to blow his head off by mistake.

edit on 12-1-2015 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26

Here's the whois information for that page..

who.godaddy.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   
People are finally waking up to the obvious. French president Hollande even told Bibi not to bother coming to the protest.

Netanyahu came anyway and forced his way from the back row of officials to the front row. Hollande left in disgust.

The end is near for the biggest terrorist state in the world.

Netanyahu is cornered and more dangerous than ever. He warned French Jews to come back to Israel because he is probably planning more attacks of revenge.

God help him. When the truth comes out, the biggest challenge will be finding the capacity for empathy and forgiveness. I believe he is a pawn in the war between principalities.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Very interesting.....

I wont go to deep here as I believe it is very disrespectful and belittles the grief of the families of the victims.

However, a 7.62mm high powered rifle round would traveled right through the body, cavitation of the bullet, which is what is seen in the video when the round hit the balistic jell, would have caused much blood spatter.

It also appears the round would have hit the head...a 7.62mm high powered rifle round would have blown his cranial case to powder...not to be to explicit, but a head shot at that range would have made his head a canoo.

Very interesting, I will be looking into this further.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Not possible...

I don't have any problem believing that was a headshot. A 7.62 FMJ round, likely what was used, would only make a small entry and exit hole as they are meant to pass through objects and remain somewhat lethal to what is behind...they don't typically fragment and hardly expand at all. They do not cause cavitation as hollow point rounds are made to do in order to destroy surrounding tissue.

A close range headshot would have passed through very quickly and would not have caused any jerky motions since it would have shut the nervous system down immediately....hence no twitch or jerk from the officer when shot.

Only the teflon coated military grade, not for civies, pass through clean.

I can tell you from personal experience regular rounds cause cavitation, I have seen the giant exit holes in hogs I shot with them.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Here's the whois information for that page..

who.godaddy.com...[/quot e]

Well, if that is correct and Michael Jones is the registrant then I think that may lend some credibility to this being a link from BBC...all others link back to it as well.

As for the name, Michael Jones, I would hazard a guess that this is Barry Michael Jones...a former long-time reporter for the BBC.

bmjmedia.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   

The BBC website is bbc.co.uk/news...
Not bbc-news.co.uk...

Although aside from some of the promoted sites and the time stamp it does look authentic.
edit on 12-1-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: infinityorder

But everyone keeps driving this thread off topic. Ahhh.

Look....(this isn't just to you personally)...there are other threads discussing the actual shot to the head or nay. I don't want to discuss that here as much as I want to know how (or if) this site is affiliated with BBC....

a reply to: Chadwickus

Thanks for that. Whois is new to me, so thanks for the resource as well.
I did note though.....

Relevant dates: Registered on: 28-Dec-2014 Expiry date: 28-Dec-2016 Last updated: 09-Jan-2015

Yet, the article was last updated on the 11th. Probably nothing, just hasn't updated yet. Just something I noticed.

I reloaded the page in question again, and was watching what was loading at the bottom of my screen. Noticed that "madcow" came up (a site I know of)....I wonder if this was somehow generated through them? Though, the guy that runs that site is usually staunchly "anti-false flag" and does a lot of Israel apologizing that I will leave at that, at the moment, because I don't want to run this thread into that drivel.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

I'm surprised that unedited video is not removed from Youtube.

It has been, over and over again. I am surprised it has stayed up as long as it did.
Maybe I should put a warning in the OP (if I still have time) that the link provides unedited footage of that? Think I might, actually.

Anyways, I am going to need more than a youtube comment about it being "fake".....which really isn't my question. Is it BBC related, did they sponsor it in some way, or are they "promoting" it....those are my questions. If this site in question is in any way related to the BBC and BBC staff have viewed and ok'd it.....how did it slip through? I mean, this isn't typical BBC stuff we are looking at.....yet, to many (not just myself) this site looks fairly legit. (Though that doesn't mean it is, of course)

Anyway, the said "marker" is the car leaking, it looks like fluid running on the ground.

Hell, to me, the "marker" that I thought I was seeing just looks like some garbage in the road

Think they're reaching.....REEEAAACCHHHING with that one....

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: infinityorder

All of that =

A lot of people seem to be forgetting the body is 80% water and the cranium holds much of that...

Point blank without a drop...
No, not for me thanks...

I don't want to drift the thread, but the authenticity of the site has been established.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join