It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loud Booms heard across Adelaide, South Australia Sunday 11th Jan 2015

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Before I begin, I did a search and while there's threads on loud booms, there's none for the recent one in Adelaide, SA.
As I've never posted a thread before, based on the search results which showed several other threads from America on 'loud booms' being in this section, I assume this is the correct section. If not, apologies.

So let me begin now..

Yesterday, Sunday 11th January 2015, I was in the toilet doing some filing(aussie joke), when I heard some loud booms. At first I thought what the hell, then it kind of sounded like a large aircraft, 747 or something, but then the booms continued probably for about 10 minutes. Some booms were single, some were multiple one after the other. This was around between 3 and 4.30 in the afternoon. I don't remember the exact time as I didn't think much of the noises beyond the moments I heard them, and I don't keep a record of when I have bowel movements.

The biggest scheduled aircraft that land at Adelaide International Airport are Boeing 777's, and you don't hear loud booms for ten minutes when they land or take off all across the metropolitan area. You might hear a loud roar occassionally, depending on which flight path they use, but I've never heard anything like what I heard yesterday afternoon, and I've lived near the airport and flight paths all my life.
Although I'm no expert, perhaps with the strange weather events we've been having there was some sort of atmospheric anomaly which caused these boom sounds, mixed with a 777 landing or taking off. But again I'm not an expert so I'm only taking a very wild and uneducated guess with that.
Perhaps there was one or more RAAF C17's flying about RAAF Edinburgh base? Thing with that though is I've seen them flying around from a distance(from where I live), and I couldn't hear a thing from that far away. We don't even hear the FA18's which occasionally call into the base out my way. I know people who live out that way near RAAF base Edinburgh, and a fighter jet has an obvious distinct sound. Wasn't what I heard. And I've worked in environments where P3 Orions, which the RAAF fleet is based at Endinburgh, are flying over head all day or all night, and again Orions weren't what I heard.

I didn't think much of it, obviously as I'm posting this the day after. I totally forgot about it until I came across a thread on Reddit talking about it this afternoon.
www.reddit.com...

Some suggested it was a fireworks display at a new housing development, however from the locations some people said they were at when they heard the booms, there's no possible way to hear the fireworks simply because the distance is too great. And it wasn't a fireworks display such as the one you see in Sydney every New Years Eve, but a much, much smaller one.

Recently we've had some extreme weather here in South Australia and Adelaide. From extreme heat and a bush fire emergency, to record rainfall a week later and flooding in the outback and thunderstorms. So naturally one of my thoughts while I was doing some filing in the office(aussie joke see above), was "it's probably thunder mehh".

Yesterday evening I went down to the southern suburbs, over 40 minutes away from my location to catch up with some friends and have a few beers over a bbq. They live in the southern suburbs of Adelaide, and we caught up at one friends house(obviously). Sure enough, they heard the same booms around the same time.

My next thought on this today while reading the Reddit thread, was perhaps we had another earth tremor?
In recent years Adelaide has had a few earth tremors which have caused a very noticeable boom sound across the metropolitan area and beyond.

According to a local government website, the last earthquake or tremor in South Australia was on Wednesday January the 7th.

07 January 2015 19:46 -31.909° 138.759° 32 km E of Hawker 2.4

www.pir.sa.gov.au...

That's about 340km north-north east of the Adelaide city center. Even if that tremor happened yesterday, at 2.4 we would not even feel anything let alone hear it.

So anyone got any ideas?

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Nope. No idea. I live in Adelaide too. I was outside all afternoon yesterday and heard nothing. I live in the eastern suburbs.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I live holden hill way and always here loud booms. mostly fireworks from the big ass jesus centre in paradise.

seems like they fire off fireworks to their god every week!
edit on 1-11-15 by okamitengu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reports of these 'booms' seem to be increasing in frequency worldwide. curious.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   
large sonic booms heard on a visit to the toilet ?

... maybe a change of diet ,

cut out the beans !

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   
wow, I didn't realise there were so many fellow Adelaide bogans here.

I didn't hear anything yesterday, but I'm down at Maslin Beach

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   
was outside working on my car, northern suburbs, two hornets landed at air base,but no loud booms

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Grange here and I heard nothing but note the weather has been, changeable!

We should start an Adelaide Conspiracy Club where we drink large amounts of beer and discuss conspiracy, seeing some of the threads recently we should probably advise the police there may be trouble!

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

That's a great idea!

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I don't know what's more odd, the fact that people heard some sort of "boom" sounds, or that some people heard them while others did not.

Although I guess living in Adelaide we should be used to bizarre oddities.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Klemzig here and nope, no loud booms yesterday arvo.

However........ I have heard them many times after the 'big one' earthquake we had in Adelaide a couple of years back. The hills used to boom at night and in the morning - when there were no scheduled flights (I live in the direct approach path to Adelaide airport, so I am well aware of what a plane sounds like.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Heard one massive loud boom this morning on the other side of the world...thought it was just me until I went on twitter and found this article was on there.

www.liverpoolecho.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   
below is a copy of a post i made on a thread here on ats a month ago.

I was at work on Sunday in a major Sydney hospital. It was quiet and i checked my f/b and my sister and friends were all complaining about the explosions/fireworks that were shaking their houses and frightening their kids and animals. people in other areas some distance away also started to comment that it must have been in their neighbourhood as they too heard and felt the same thing.

I went inside and we had two police officers in emergency and i asked them did they know what the loud explosions were. They said no, i told them where my sister lived and they said they were approximately 8 kilometres away from her location and they also heard them and felt they were coming from their area as they sounded only like a street or two away. They got on the police radio and asked if something was happening and told me the police radio was going crazy with police reporting the same noises. A couple of ambo's pulled up and they also joined the conversation reporting the same noises and that they all started waiting for the ambo radio to start calling cars for whatever had happened but nothing came.....the area i am talking about would be approximately 40 square kilometres of which those reporting all could have sworn it was only in the next street. they all reported it sounding like loud popping noises not unlike fireworks or explosions but the police confirmed that there were no displays anywhere at the time.

There seems to be no explanation of what this was. It happened at roughly 10.30pm on a sunday night.

I have not been able to read all the pages of this thread but any who has, have they seen reports that sound like this. The videos that i have watched on this thread have all been like trumpets/moaning sounds.

any help would be appreciated.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 12-1-2015 by bellagirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:27 AM
link   
also check out this new thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I'm beginning to think that this "boom" phenomenon that nobody can explain happening all over the world, really needs it's own sub-section on ATS.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Heard nothing here at Golden Grove...

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: mortex

Good idea - its certainly happening heaps, perhaps we can compete with the Chemtrails theorists.

BTW, before our innagural Adelaide Piss Up / Conspiracy fest I dont beleive in Chemtrails so dont push me after my first 6 Schooners, I can be one nasty fooker :-)

Hey can you describe the Booms you heard, the ones on youtube in the UK sounded like Firecrackers rather than booms, but I thought at the time that you would know the difference between booms and fireworks. Firecworks are definately earth based or low altitude but you would know if they were in the heavens like thunder or a very high aircraft.

I wonder if they could be returning space craft, not sure why they would re-enter over population though.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: NuclearPaul

Supersonic Fire Fighting Aircraft? Have you put those fires out up there?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

Yeah, the drenching tropical rain even though we are nowhere near the tropics did that for us.

Anybody else out there agree that this 2014 / 15's weatherin Adelaide has been seriously weird?
edit on 12-1-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

bloody oath mate, and the heat waves last summer were a shocker.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join