It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Herbivores, Are they Really Herbivores or Omnivores?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   

A herbivore is an animal that gets its energy from eating plants, and only plants. Omnivores can also eat parts of plants, but generally only the fruits and vegetables produced by fruit-bearing plants. Many herbivores have special digestive systems that let them digest all kinds of plants, including grasses.

An omnivore is a kind of animal that eats either other animals or plants. Some omnivores will hunt and eat their food, like carnivores, eating herbivores and other omnivores. Some others are scavengers and will eat dead matter. Many will eat eggs from other animals.

I introduce to you. herbivores gone wild.

edit on 11-1-2015 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   
You should never completely trust any cute animals. Especially women

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Even if we ignore all the stuff in that video, consider what happens when a cow yanks up a mouthful of grass. Do you think all the insects and other little creatures get time to escape? I doubt it.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

I totally agree with that lol

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

I was thinking like Astyanax before I watched the video -- unintentional omnivores.

After watching the video, my world changed. I had no idea some of those animals would eat each other; and not out of curiosity, but with full intent.

Who knew?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Bleeeeep

I was just as amazed as you are LOL. This discovery i had to show to the world.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Wasn't the ancester of the cow a type of carnivore that was related to whales? And I am sure that I read somewhere that sheep and cows actually live off the bacteria that break down the cellulose in the grass that they eat so they are carnivores in a way.

new topics

top topics

join