It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News 'terror expert' says everyone in Birmingham is a Muslim

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
A FoxNews "expert" has declared some amazing things about Muslim areas in England.

He claims there's religious police in some places and that non-Muslims don't go to some "no-go zones".

Can anybody confirm or deny any of this jibberish?

He has apparently "apologized" for some remarks (after the "damage" was done of course !!)

Fox News 'terror expert' says everyone in Birmingham is a Muslim

Pundit on right-wing channel says non-Muslims "simply don't go" into Britain's second largest city, prompting immediate Twitter backlash

An American "terrorism expert" on the right-wing Fox News channel has declared that Birmingham is "a totally Muslim" city "where non-Muslims just simply don't go".

Steve Emerson made the claim, which may come as a surprise to the hundreds of thousands of non-Muslim residents of Britain's second-largest city, during a television discussion about no-go zones in Europe where Muslims are apparently in complete control.

Maybe he's talking about France.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   
It's denied...

46.1% of Birmingham residents said they were Christian, 21.8% Muslim and 19.3% had no religion.

Birmingham.gov

My missus enjoyed that gaffe, because she is originally from Birmingham.

Saw this earlier...

Was gonna share it from a different angle.

Anyone with access to Twitter should check out the #FoxNewsFacts hashtag trend...
It's basically a piss take, saying all sorts of things about Birmingham linking it to Islam.

Absolutely hilarious...

Someone even said that the U.S Birmingham is in "Allah Bama"...

Some of them were classic.

Someone said Duran Duran were originally known as Quran Quran!!!

Hard to beat Allah Bama though!!!

edit on 11-1-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-1-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Oh, FOXnews, how are you still able to spout your drivel?

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Seems like this expert is suffering from a classic case of Open-Mouth-Insert-Foot Syndrome.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Oh boy has the fOx gone and done it again?

They really haven't learned their lesson have they? This kind of reminds me of another FoX moment lets review.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   
What an idiot....I often hear from idiots we will be a muslim country (5 % population of muslims are gonna take over how) or no go zones...I live in one apparently.
Just lies and remember muslims love their kids just the same as we do and want the best for them.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   
The no-go zones have operated illegally, link

And the law society have been attempting to introduce Sharia laws through the backdoor too, link

And this is from the same story link
edit on 12-1-2015 by Watchfull because: alter source

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Typical expert .. bloody clueless as usual .. like most "experts" doubt he has even been there .. much less met an actual muslim ..

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Am I early enough to get in before the allegations of secret Sharia courts yet?

Edit: Nope.
edit on 12-1-2015 by KingIcarus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Birmingham does have a high proportion of Muslims and there are areas where Muslims predominate. Therefore, it would be true to say that parts of Birmingham are pretty much Muslim.

In some parts of the country - not sure Birmingham specifically - there have been reports of Muslim men intimidating non-Muslims.

Birmingham is not without its problems. Trojan Horse springs to mind. This was the "take-over" of schools by Muslims who wanted to promote an unhealthy Islamic agenda. That's OK in Pakistan, but not in the UK. In Pakistan women's rights are shot, as is the case in all Muslim countries - in the UK there are women's rights.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.gov.uk...

Regards

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Black Sabbath is from Birmingham - and I'm fairly sure Ozzy is not Islamic. Though maybe he's been screaming "Shariah" and not "Sharon" this entire time without us catching on....

CX

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Well I've got relations from Birmingham, haven't seen them for a long time but unless they've all converted.....definitely not Muslim.

CX.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I may be wrong, but I thought I read you converted to Islam for her (not to take away from your choice, or diminish it in anyway). Would you ever consider doing a thread on it? What Islam means to you, why you decided to take up that faith and whatnot?

Set it up like an AMA (ask me anything) kind of deal?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   

I find this turn of events at once hilarious, terrible, and to be proof of the worthlessness of punditry on the Fox network as a whole.

Birmingham is culturally important for the British Isles, and for rock and metal fans like myself. The lead singer of Black Sabbath, and outrageous rocker in his own right, Mr Ozzy Osbourne, was born in that very city, as were the band itself and most, if not all of its original members.

But let's not dwell too much on Birmingham. Let us look at the issue of pundits on Fox, and indeed, in US media in general. I am of the opinion that the vast majority of pundits operating on American television, including those who have managed to score themselves shows of their own, are on the whole, not very bright, and uniformly poorly informed. Over the years that I have been here on ATS, I have been introduced to many examples of outright gutter think, touted as reasoned debate, and legitimate opinion, by these pundits and their handlers. Bill O' Reilly, a gentleman of singular capacity for being misinformed, is just one of the names that stands out, but there are many others. This Emerson fellow is just another in a long line of right wing, suit swaddled, wannabe supremacists who has managed to gain himself a blast of limelight.

I find it predictable, yet somehow still astonishing, when folk like this make tedious errors of this sort, and what is worse than that is the fact that although he did in fact retract his statement, Mr Emerson's initial comments will reach more people than his admission of his own total ignorance of what happens over here in Britain. This aside from saying that his retraction did not go far enough, in that he did not admit that he, like pretty much every person who has ever taken up the mantle of the pundit on American television, knows next to nothing about the topics he is talking about, or indeed about anything that happens further than six feet from the point of his chin.

On a more serious note though, I must reiterate that his retraction will not be seen by as many people as his initial comments, and that the damage therefore has already been done. You see, when you allow certain individuals to crap all over the truth and dress it up as journalism, that is giving those who are doing the talking, free reign to plant memes in peoples minds. To be fair, no one should be stupid enough to believe his garbage, or anything like it.

However, given that there are people that ignorant abroad in the world, as to buy his brand of BS, it is deeply irresponsible on the part of news networks, to employ people in a role which increasingly seems to be about polarising opinion, and placing barriers of fallacy between the peoples of the nation to which they broadcast. When does it stop being a mistake, or a substandard bit of subject matter research, or bad intel, and become a concerted propagandist campaign?

Frankly, the person who hosted the show that these comments were made on, is no better either, and is another pot stirring figure, whose only reason for existing appears to be to invent new frictions for the people to mistrust one another over. I think it is clear that these sorts of broadcasts have no legitimate purpose, and are purely designed to outrage, to fluff the egos of the fantastically moronic, and to make jingoism and tub thumping seem like legitimate political discourse.

I pity anyone who gets the majority of news from these ignorant savages. I have hairs on my hind quarters with more intelligence, and have ejected things from my nostrils when sick with cold, that have more integrity than the pundits from the networks.
edit on 12-1-2015 by TrueBrit because: Grammatical error removal.

edit on 12-1-2015 by TrueBrit because: Grammatical error removed.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
It's denied...

I already know the report is false .. but .. aren't you and your wife both Muslim?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

I might do Domo, but I have some doubts about which way that sort of thread will go.

Rather than an "ask-me-anything" I sense it would turn into a "you're-telling-me-what-you-think" thread

I didn't convert for my partner though, I wouldn't feel right doing it for that reason & she actually said the same thing when I told her I was gonna convert!

edit on 12-1-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

We are!

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   

I have lived there and found it a great place with nice people

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Rather than an "ask-me-anything" I sense it would turn into a "you're-telling-me-what-you-think" thread

Charlie i for one would love to see you do a thread like this . Although i dont have any questions that i can think at the moment i would love to see what the other members of ATS have to ask . Well if we can keep it sane . Perhaps a posse of moderators riding shotgun .

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...
We do have a Jewish police force with their own cars and uniforms in North London and also Beth Din courts practicing Jewish law.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join