It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perfection or Imperfection? Can you follow the one you have not known? Once Saved always Saved? NO!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

Just as it says in John 17...

Not God... Gods son...

Where did he get his "powers"? .... they were given by God...

And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the ONLY true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent

edit on 14-1-2015 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

Oh that was beautiful! Thank you! (Sorry I hadn't read that one yet!)

And now you belong to Jesus, because you know God and know that the Father sent Jesus. That's a very powerful thing, to know that you will see the glory that has been given to Jesus, but now you have been given just a small glimpse, but one day you will see the fulness of that glory.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Not God... Gods son...

And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the ONLY true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent

And are you a man?

That's pretty simple, but I see you skirting the point.

You act like it is impossible for the Father to do this. Is there anything impossible with God?

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   

I cannot imagine it getting any better you know! Its beyond me!

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Jesus was not metaphorically begotten, He WAS begotten, physically. So, that makes Him God.
The holy spirit, that means not physical.

He is not the Father, He is the Son. But HE is the fullness of the Godhead bodily.
Not "is", but he "has" the fullness of the "god" attributes and powers to be fully equipped to be our Lord.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: WarminIndy

Not God... Gods son...

And are you a man?

You act like it is impossible for the Father to do this. Is there anything impossible with God?

Im not skirting anything... Get to your point so I can refute it...

Don't ask me ridiculous questions please...

Yes... Anything is possible with God... but he tends to do things his way for whatever reason, which is up to him...

That does not mean a trinity exists... and it certainly does not mean that Jesus was God

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Not God... Gods son...

And are you a man?

Yes... Anything is possible with God... but he tends to do things his way for whatever reason, which is up to him...

That does not mean a trinity exists... and it certainly does not mean that Jesus was God

The question is not silly.

You made the claim that Jesus is not God because He is a man, but He can only be man if His father were a man. Because His father is God, that makes Him God.

Are you a man?

And why can't the trinity exist if nothing is impossible with God?

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: jmdewey60

Jesus was not metaphorically begotten, He WAS begotten, physically. So, that makes Him God.
The holy spirit, that means not physical.

He is not the Father, He is the Son. But HE is the fullness of the Godhead bodily.
Not "is", but he "has" the fullness of the "god" attributes and powers to be fully equipped to be our Lord.

You think it is impossible for the Holy Spirit to manifest physically?

Genesis 18, look it up.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   

. . . but now you have been given just a small glimpse, but one day you will see the fullness of that glory.
Read 1 Corinthians 15:28, where Paul explains that the goal is to bring everyone to God.
Jesus as Messiah, as the name implies, is like a warrior king who subdues God's enemies, but rather than killing them, he brings about a change of heart where they willingly worship Him (meaning, God).

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Not God... Gods son...

And are you a man?

You made the claim that Jesus is not God because He is a man, but He can only be man if His father were a man. Because His father is God, that makes Him God.

Are you a man?

Well first I did not say "Jesus is not God because he was a man"...

I said, he is not God...Period

Second... I said the virgin birth was a deliberate mistranslation... the meaning is "young woman" not virgin...

And even if the immaculate conception was real... it still does not make him God...

that same logic would imply, that because I am my Fathers son... I am my Father, which isn't logic, its idiocy...

And I also said the trinity is not real... I didn't say it can't exist... but I did say it does not...

IF it did, it would have been taught in the early years when jesus was alive or at the very least, shortly after... it wasn't...

The word does not exist in the bible.... Nor does the teaching unless you play the patch work game Christians play with all scripture...

edit on 14-1-2015 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Not God... Gods son...

And are you a man?

Are you a man?

Well first I did not say "Jesus is not God because he was a man"...

I said, he is not God...Period

Second... I said the virgin birth was a deliberate mistranslation... the meaning is "young woman" not virgin...

And even if the immaculate conception was real... it still does not make him God...

that same logic would imply, that because I am my Fathers son... I am my Father, which isn't logic, its idiocy...

And I also said the trinity is not real... I didn't say it can't exist... but I did say it does not...

IF it did, it would have been taught in the early years when jesus was alive or at the very least, shortly after... it wasn't...

The word does not exist in the bible.... Nor does the teaching unless you play the patch work game Christians play with all scripture...

Mistranslated word or not, who is the father of Jesus?

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   

God of course.... but that does not make him God as well...

there is ONE God... Jesus is not him... There is no triune God...

There is the Father who is the true God, the son who sits at the right hand of God... and the holy spirit...

Three does not equal one... its as simple as that...

Oh... and the OT tyrant isn't God either, but that's not what were talking about here

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   

. . . but now you have been given just a small glimpse, but one day you will see the fullness of that glory.
Read 1 Corinthians 15:28, where Paul explains that the goal is to bring everyone to God.
Jesus as Messiah, as the name implies, is like a warrior king who subdues God's enemies, but rather than killing them, he brings about a change of heart where they willingly worship Him (meaning, God).

Yes, we will all stand before God at the judgment.

Some will then be sent to the left and some to the right. And who is God's enemy if Jesus said the last enemy to be defeated has been defeated? Death was the last enemy and was defeated. Who then are the enemies of God? There are no more, because the last one has been defeated.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Are you advocating that Jesus did not exist until "God", like in pagan mythology, had sex with a woman, and made him?

Genesis 18, look it up.
That was an angel, who was later discovered by Moses of liking to call himself "God" as his right as the representative of God on earth.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   

God of course.... but that does not make him God as well...

there is ONE God... Jesus is not him... There is no triune God...

There is the Father who is the true God, the son who sits at the right hand of God... and the holy spirit...

Three does not equal one... its as simple as that...

Oh... and the OT tyrant isn't God either, but that's not what were talking about here

God is the Father of Jesus?

So, are you a man or not?

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Are you advocating that Jesus did not exist until "God", like in pagan mythology, had sex with a woman, and made him?

Genesis 18, look it up.
That was an angel, who was later discovered by Moses of liking to call himself "God" as his right as the representative of God on earth.

What?

Had sex with Mary? Noooooooo.

Why do you guys always think like that?

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   

To you not get tired of circular reasoning?

Sigh...

Fine... I am a man...

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Sigh...

Fine... I am a man...

And you are a man because....?

You are a man because your father was a man. That's how it works, the last time I saw.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Sigh...

Fine... I am a man...

And you are a man because....?

You are a man because your father was a man. That's how it works, the last time I saw.

that is such a weak argument

Again... Even IF the virgin birth was real, which it clearly is not... that does not make Jesus God

What don't you understand about that?

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I hope all you people realize the only ex-muslim among you realized the second she was graced with the indwelling of the Holy Spirit that all these things were way above her pay grade.

I cannot tell the difference between God the Holy Spirit and Jesus....and God doesn't care. HE knows I am human, and to me this is all I can understand.. Its okay regardless of what the actual truth is. One day I will find out perhaps, although I don't think I will care then either.

What matters, is HIM. What matters, is we deserve none of this which we were so freely given.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join