It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perfection or Imperfection? Can you follow the one you have not known? Once Saved always Saved? NO!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

Jesus said no man can come to the father except through me.

Jesus said I am the Light of the World
Buddha claimed to believe in the Light and his Noble 8 fold path will lead a man to the Light.

Who can make you believe in the Light, don't you have to find your own salvation in the Light? If there was no one there too teach you, I promise it would take an eternity of eternal focus to find the Light. This is why Buddha uses metaphors found in the Vedas and OT, so that someday we would know where he found the Light.

Your teaching is based on fear, Christ is based in Love. Maybe you should reconsider the self-righteousness you have found in the Law and Ritual. You exalt yourself above those who follow Buddha because you believe that your faith is the only true faith and everyone who doesn't believe what you do is condemned. This is not very Loving, not Christ-Like.

You should humble yourself and test the Noble 8 fold path, read the Koran, read the Emerald Tablets, Read the Vedas, Then maybe you also would find the light that exists in all the texts, not just the one you believe contains the only truth from the only prophets that God sent to this world.

A world as large as this only made smaller by technology and God sent only one line of prophets to one chosen people? This is Zionism and it is a lie. God sent his many prophets throughout the world, and soon they will all be reconciled.

Through faith in the Light Buddha did overcome death. He did not teach spiritual death. Buddha believed in the promise of returning to the Light. Anyone who believes they are immortal spiritually has overcome death. Just as Plato understood what would happen to Jesus, having only the OT and other religions, Buddha also likely understood the OT prophecies concerning Christ. In the OT the name Jesus does not exist, but the Light of Buddha does.

edit on 12-1-2015 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Well first off Jesus isn't God he was the "Son of God"... but that is not the point I was trying to make...

I asked you what is "the way"

Of course I believe he is "the way, the truth, and the life"... but what does that mean to you?

Jesus did not believe in himself, he believed in The Father, which he told others to do as well...

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Philippians 2:3-5 says let the same Mind be in you that was in Christ. Do no look after your own interests but also the interests of others.

Even Christ did not live to please himself (Romans 15:2-3)

The last of all and servant of all will be the first (Mark 9:50)

Jesus said more than once that the LAST are first and the Humble will be exhalted while the prideful will be abased.

We are nothing. There is only The Holy Spirit within the temple of the body - but the mind can be in darkness (unaware or denying) Truth (God/Spirit).

We were called to Fredom not for the flesh but for The Spirit which means to serve others through Love. . To love others as yourself fulfills God's entire law (Galatians 5:13-15).

If your enemy is hungry , feed him, overcome evil with goodness. (Romans 12:20-21) It is the MEEK who shall inherit the earth.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
Philippians 2:3-5 says let the same Mind be in you that was in Christ. Do no look after your own interests but also the interests of others.

Even Christ did not live to please himself (Romans 15:2-3)

The last of all and servant of all will be the first (Mark 9:50)

Jesus said more than once that the LAST are first and the Humble will be exhalted while the prideful will be abased.

We are nothing. There is only The Holy Spirit within the temple of the body - but the mind can be in darkness (unaware or denying) Truth (God/Spirit).

We were called to Fredom not for the flesh but for The Spirit which means to serve others through Love. . To love others as yourself fulfills God's entire law (Galatians 5:13-15).

If your enemy is hungry , feed him, overcome evil with goodness. (Romans 12:20-21) It is the MEEK who shall inherit the earth.

I know you are one that believes in the perfection found in the Light, thank you for your contribution. I try to keep up with your threads even when I don't reply.
edit on 13-1-2015 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: sacgamer25
Whatever you bound on earth will be bound in heaven. This is not the miracle that you have been told.

PETER was told that by Christ Himself. You don't think Jesus had the authority to hand authority to Peter? Go take it up with Jesus.

As for your 'loving a car' thing ... we aren't discussing anything even close to that. We are discussing who Jesus put in charge of His church. And it was clearly Peter.

Or you can believe that only the Catholic church has the rights to forgive and decide who God Loves, which is what you need to believe to follow their interpretation.

No the Catholic Church doesn't teach that. And no, I don't believe that.
You seriously don't know what the Catholic church teaches at all.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   

I am not the one who blasphemes a teacher of light....Nor will I judge those who God has called prophets ...A warning against false teachers who slander God's prophets and teach others to do the same ... Those who slander God's prophets and separate you by condemning God's prophets do not follow the Holy Spirit.

I always have to laugh when people pull out the 'BLASPHEMY!' and 'you dare slander God's prophets' stuff. Just because someone claims visions from God or that they are a prophet, doesn't mean that they really are. Telling the truth isn't slander or blasphemy. It's just telling the truth.

According to this passage all of these religions must have originated with God. Buddha, Zoster, Vedas, Mohammad, and the Egyptian theology.

Again ... no. Egyptians worshipped fairy tales. Mohammad was a warlord who invented religious stories in order to further his political and warring agenda. Those didn't come from God.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Perfection/imperfection...

Qualification - original sin
Qualification - stillborn, infirm of mind, children (till what age - debatable)
Qualification - recieves christ
Qualification - the way christ is revealed
Qualification - works or faith (unresolved)
Qualification - god is everywhere
Qualification - except where sin IS
Etc. etc. etc...

There are so many hairs to be split on the same head, fortunately regrowth provides for new material...and athiests need not come anywhere near the head for for the eyes of the head to spin of thier own accord...microcosmically, a body at war with itself, macrocosmically a body at war with itself...

Entertainment value - priceless

Å99

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Well first off Jesus isn't God he was the "Son of God"... but that is not the point I was trying to make...

Of course I believe he is "the way, the truth, and the life"... but what does that mean to you?

Jesus did not believe in himself, he believed in The Father, which he told others to do as well...

He IS God, as God incarnate, for the Bible says He is the "express image of God".

Jesus said "No man takes my life from me, I willingly lay it down because I have the power to take it up again". That's the difference between you, me and Jesus. Neither you nor I have the power to raise our physical, dead bodies up from death, but Jesus did.

That's what makes Him God, because HE has the power over life and death.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: sacgamer25

There is no Noble Eight Fold path...there is Prince Guatama's imagination of how he thinks it should be.

Tell me, was Buddha able to lay down his life for his brother, because he had the power to take it up again? Tell us, what person did Prince Guatama lay down his life for? Tell us if you can, then I say to you, "Greater love has no man, than he who lays down his life for his brother".

Guatama never did that. Guatama doesn't have power over life and death. He is just a guy who thought of a few ideas that made it possible for people to give him bowls of rice. What a waste of a life and riches that he could have given to the poor and he even could have become a wise ruler, but he chose to not use his wealth and influence to help the very poor in his kingdom.

Is that really what you call a good example? Someone who tells you to help yourself, because helping others is just way too hard. Prince Guatama never really suffered, he still had his wealth to go back to, and never used it to help people. What a waste of life and hypocrisy as well.

Prince Guatama, just a dude who didn't really leave his wealth, just his wife and child.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

There is no universal religion of God which spans religions.

There is one gospel and that is the Gospel of Jesus Christ unto salvation, any other is deception and falsehood.

But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have preached to you, he is to be accursed!…
edit on 13-1-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarminIndy

He IS God, as God incarnate, for the Bible says He is the "express image of God".

Jesus said "No man takes my life from me, I willingly lay it down because I have the power to take it up again". That's the difference between you, me and Jesus. Neither you nor I have the power to raise our physical, dead bodies up from death, but Jesus did.

Of course we don't... but the son of God does have that power

And its because he was given that power by his Father... who IS God...

All the power on heaven and earth was Given To ME

Not God... Gods Son...

edit on 13-1-2015 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

There is no universal religion of God which spans religions.

There is one gospel and that is the Gospel of Jesus Christ unto salvation, any other is deception and falsehood.

But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have preached to you, he is to be accursed!…

Their is only one Gospel, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

Now the only Father that I know of is Love, this is the clearest of his names to understand in the NT. The only Holy Spirit I know is the one who claimed to be the Light, Christ Jesus. But their are many son's, Jesus even proclaimed this, but their was only One Son who was spoken by words into creation and that is the Light. And God said "Let their be Light", and he said "The Light is Good".

Jesus is the good Light even though he humbled himself claiming that God alone is good. Since he claimed to have been created for the purpose of being the Light that would guide all men to the father. All of the religions predate Jesus except Mohammad. Mohammad claimed that Jesus is the Messiah but the church was following a corrupt message.

The churches corrupt message is that you cannot always follow the perfect Light. The church claims that you can never stop failing all the days of your life. This is maddening wine. Jesus Christ teaches freewill. The man that has freewill can choose to follow the Light in every decision he makes.

Every other religion calls Jesus by his first name that the Father gave him, the Light. They all must be talking about the same light, and the millions of followers of each of the religions of the Holy Spirit lay witness to the divinity of the texts. How could a man teach Jesus Christ more than 2100 years ago. The only name that universally given in the texts is the Light, the Light and the Holy Spirit are one man Jesus Christ. And God his father is the creator of the Light, whom we were made for, made through and belong to.

If you belong to the Light, than you also belong to the father. Because the Father is Light, in him their is no darkness. He created the dark path but he gave freewill. He predicted where we would go with freewill if we refused to follow the Light, and we have yet to repent.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: akushla99
Perfection/imperfection...

Qualification - stillborn, infirm of mind, children (till what age - debatable)
Qualification - recieves christ
Qualification - the way christ is revealed
Qualification - works or faith (unresolved)
Etc. etc. etc...

There are so many hairs to be split on the same head, fortunately regrowth provides for new material...and athiests need not come anywhere near the head for for the eyes of the head to spin of thier own accord...microcosmically, a body at war with itself, macrocosmically a body at war with itself...

Entertainment value - priceless
Å99

Qualification - original sin (False, Sinful thoughts come and we don't know why, but we can overcome them)

Qualification - stillborn, infirm of mind, children (till what age - debatable) (Tell the age you belive in perfection or until you physically die. Until you physically die the child can always choose the narrow path of adulthood, which is the Light)

Qualification - recieves Christ ( Seek and you will find, knock and the door will be opened, his prerequisite not mine)

Qualification - the way christ is revealed (To follow his command for brotherly love, again his prerequisite not mine)

Qualification - works or faith (unresolved) (Faith comes by Hearing. Works are proof to the others who follow the Light that you do follow the Light. The one who's faith is strong will have many works. The one who's faith is week will have few works. God Loves them both, Equanimity)

Qualification - original sin God is big enough to be within you while you are not within him. This is God's contradiction but I will not argue with him having this ability. I will accept this is only a contradiction in my puny mind.

He doesn't however speak to sinners, so you know that no one who claims to be trapped in sin until they physically die speaks to the Father. Nor do they speak on the Fathers behalf.

The Father, The Son, The Holy Sprit
The Mind, The Body, The Perfect Spirit
The mind has the Freewill to choose between, The Flesh even when opposed to Love, Or Loving without sin.

If your Father is Love your Mind will naturally be on Love. Love is Light, the Light is Christ Jesus.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   

He only claimed to be a man. He claimed the Light taught him how to overcome death and Cyclical existence. He didn't claim to take away the sins from the world. He only claimed that if you follow his instructions that you would find the Light. And he was not a liar.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarminIndy

Of course we don't... but the son of God does have that power

And its because he was given that power by his Father... who IS God...

All the power on heaven and earth was Given To ME

Not God... Gods Son...

Yes, and God's son makes the Son of God what? Of course, it make Him God.

You didn't come forth from the Father, you aren't the only begotten of the Father, so while you might metaphorically be a son of God in that God fashioned and designed you, you are not begotten. Jesus was not metaphorically begotten, He WAS begotten, physically. So, that makes Him God.

He is not the Father, He is the Son. But HE is the fullness of the Godhead bodily.

What are you? Aren't you the express image of a man? Aren't you the physical representation of your father? Don't you have your father's DNA? Aren't you man, like your father? So you are called a man because you are a man. Jesus is of His Father, so that makes Him God.

You might not accept that He is God, but He is God as the Son. The Godhead isn't something physical, it is triune Spirit.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

I am not the one who blasphemes a teacher of light....Nor will I judge those who God has called prophets ...A warning against false teachers who slander God's prophets and teach others to do the same ... Those who slander God's prophets and separate you by condemning God's prophets do not follow the Holy Spirit.

I always have to laugh when people pull out the 'BLASPHEMY!' and 'you dare slander God's prophets' stuff. Just because someone claims visions from God or that they are a prophet, doesn't mean that they really are. Telling the truth isn't slander or blasphemy. It's just telling the truth.

According to this passage all of these religions must have originated with God. Buddha, Zoster, Vedas, Mohammad, and the Egyptian theology.

Again ... no. Egyptians worshipped fairy tales. Mohammad was a warlord who invented religious stories in order to further his political and warring agenda. Those didn't come from God.

Have you read any of the texts that you just slandered? Or do you just slander men whom million claim were prophets everyday without ever reading the words for yourself?

I read the words and the words agree with Christ Jesus. So all the teaching is same Light.

Let me give you a test. Did you pray for the gift of interpretation? Better yet go ask a Pastor if he prayed for the gift of interpretation? Then follow up by asking him did the interpretation come to you by divine measures or are you following the message you learned in whatever form of bible school you attended?

The church teaches a doctrine that was handed down from their forefathers. This teaching claims that you cannot follow the Light every step of your Life. And as a child you will stumble, but the Jews felt 13 was old enough for one to obey the commands. Is 13 the right age, I don't know. But certainly at some point you can understand that the right thing to do is always choose to follow the Light over choosing to Sin. You have freewill, As an adult you do not have to continue to sin, you should rather be wise enough to overcome sin.

I prayed for the gift of interpretation. And the interpretation that I have been trying to GIVE to the world clearly states that we have freewill to follow the Light, and those who follow the Light in all they do are disciples of Christ. Those who are stuck in sin cannot please God, because they do not follow the commandments. How can anyone who doesn't follow the commandments please God?

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Yes, and God's son makes the Son of God what? Of course, it make Him God.

No it makes him exactly what he called himself... the Son of God... Not God

You didn't come forth from the Father, you aren't the only begotten of the Father, so while you might metaphorically be a son of God in that God fashioned and designed you, you are not begotten. Jesus was not metaphorically begotten, He WAS begotten, physically. So, that makes Him God

no it doesn't... It makes him God to Christians

In reality it makes him exactly what he called himself... the son of God

He is not the Father, He is the Son. But HE is the fullness of the Godhead bodily.

No... he is less then the Father... HE said it in three separate passages in Johns gospel

What are you? Aren't you the express image of a man? Aren't you the physical representation of your father? Don't you have your father's DNA? Aren't you man, like your father? So you are called a man because you are a man. Jesus is of His Father, so that makes Him God.

Except the virgin birth is a deliberate mistranslation... the meaning is actually "Young woman" not virgin...

And even if the virgin birth is true, it still does not make him God, it makes him the son of God... exactly as he called himself...

You might not accept that He is God, but He is God as the Son. The Godhead isn't something physical, it is triune Spirit.

LOL No... the trinity is a fabrication of the early church...

I might as well accept it? Why would I accept something I know not to be true?

that's just silliness...

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   

He only claimed to be a man. He claimed the Light taught him how to overcome death and Cyclical existence. He didn't claim to take away the sins from the world. He only claimed that if you follow his instructions that you would find the Light. And he was not a liar.

Jesus never claimed to be just a man. Where did you hear that at?

Here is what the Bible says and we shall go through the verses together.

John 17:1 These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:

He was praying to the Father.

John 17:2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

Who has power of life and death? It is not cyclical, Jesus has power over all flesh, even yours.

John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

No reincarnation or cyclical life there, just life eternal. So no constant death and rebirth. And whom does Jesus wish you to know? The only true God. And the only true God sent Jesus. Buddha couldn't even make that claim. See, Jesus is saying that there is no cyclical life and death, just life eternal and that He came to show you the true God.

4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

Jesus was sent to this earth for the purpose of bringing eternal life and to teach the true God. Not reincarnation, not just a lesson about light, not anything less than to come here to bring life eternal.

5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

No man has shared glory with God at any time. Jesus is more than just a man and is saying so right here.

6 I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.

If you belong to Jesus, you have been given to Jesus by the true God, and the name is brought forth physically. Manifested means to bring forth physically.

Only if you know Jesus, then you belong to God, as you have been given to Jesus by God.

8 For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.

7 Now they have known that all things whatsoever thou hast given me are of thee.

Jesus is more than just a man, He is claiming here to come out from God, which means He was born as the Son of God, physically manifested as God, shared the glory WITH God and brings eternal life, because He has been given that power by God the Father.

John 17:24 Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world. 25 O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me. 26 And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.

Buddha didn't know the Father, Jesus did. Jesus was with the Father before the world was ever made and shared the glory with the Father. That is not mere man.

The Father GAVE Him the power and the glory, as God and not as mere man.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

See John 17.

I just posted the comment to sacgamer, but you take a look.

Are you man or not?

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Oh that was beautiful! Thank you! (Sorry I hadn't read that one yet!)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join