It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perfection or Imperfection? Can you follow the one you have not known? Once Saved always Saved? NO!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle
If you understand what happened in Acts than you might change your mind about how hard it is to change one's mind towards the Light. Their will come a time, and I believe that time will be soon, where men will turn to the Light and become instantly enlightened as they were in acts. This is what Revelation claims about the multitude who will believe. Their will still be a process that they may go through but when the world realizes that a prophet is with them, it will be easy for many to put aside their desires to take up the cross of Christ. To die to one's own desires and be reborn a son of humanity.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: sacgamer25
a reply to: LittleByLittle
If you understand what happened in Acts than you might change your mind about how hard it is to change one's mind towards the Light. Their will come a time, and I believe that time will be soon, where men will turn to the Light and become instantly enlightened as they were in acts. This is what Revelation claims about the multitude who will believe. Their will still be a process that they may go through but when the world realizes that a prophet is with them, it will be easy for many to put aside their desires to take up the cross of Christ. To die to one's own desires and be reborn a son of humanity.

How hard it is depends on the consciousness and the environment around the consciousness. And I agree with you that you can have an instant increase of awareness of light from knowing nothing at all about light.

But even if it is very hard one step in the right direction is a step taken. Concentrating on the next step talking one step after another and in the end you will reach a destination.

Their will come a time, and I believe that time will be soon, where men will turn to the Light and become instantly enlightened as they were in acts.

That is the plan is it not? To create an environment where people will just by being in the environment become energized and become spiritually very aware in a short time.

Namaste.
edit on 12-1-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Peter was the Apostle to the Jews.

Peter was the head of Jesus CHURCH. Jesus said so. Matthew 16:18-19

the Catholic Church does not represent the teaching of Peter or Christ.

You are welcome to that opinion.

If Peter was baptizing in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, it was not the baptism that is done now.

The Catholic Church baptizes in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. It's a valid baptism. And Peter's baptizing was valid as well. Jesus sent the apostles out to baptize and He had no issues with them baptizing.

Since Peter was declared to be the Apostle, only to the Jews, his church ended in 70 AD when the Jewish Temple was destroyed.

No where was Peter declared to be 'only to the Jews'. JESUS said Peter was the rock upon which the CHURCH was to be built and that the gates of hell would not prevail against it. JESUS gave full authority to Peter saying that whatever he said on Earth would be ratified in Heaven. So your statement that Peter only had a Jewish church and it died in 70AD is wrong.

edit on 1/12/2015 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: sacgamer25

I understand what you're trying to say, and or do...

But I don't want to become One with humanity...

In fact humanity disgusts me as a whole... I want no part of it...

I will always love those who cross my path.... as for the rest...

Not my problem...

Thomas 42
42 Jesus said, "Be passersby."

YAY!! I love when I get to quote Thomas!! LOL

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Galatians 2
6 As for those who were held in high esteem—whatever they were makes no difference to me; God does not show favoritism—they added nothing to my message. 7 On the contrary, they recognized that I had been entrusted with the task of preaching the gospel to the uncircumcised, just as Peter had been to the circumcised. 8 For God, who was at work in Peter as an apostle to the circumcised, was also at work in me as an apostle to the Gentiles. 9 James, Cephas and John, those esteemed as pillars, gave me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship when they recognized the grace given to me. They agreed that we should go to the Gentiles, and they to the circumcised. 10 All they asked was that we should continue to remember the poor, the very thing I had been eager to do all along.

Peter to the circumcised(Jews), Paul to the Gentiles. Exactly what I said

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Peter to the circumcised(Jews), Paul to the Gentiles. Exactly what I said

Um ... no. He was working with the Jews but he was assigned to oversee the entire church ... by Jesus Himself. Exactly what I said.

Matthew 16:18-19

And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it. I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.

The Primacy of Peter

Peter and the Papacy

Peter alone was promised something else also: "I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven" (Matt. 16:19). In ancient times, keys were the hallmark of authority. A walled city might have one great gate; and that gate had one great lock, worked by one great key. To be given the key to the city—an honor that exists even today, though its import is lost—meant to be given free access to and authority over the city. The city to which Peter was given the keys was the heavenly city itself. This symbolism for authority is used elsewhere in the Bible (Is. 22:22, Rev. 1:18).

50 Testament Proofs Peter In Charge of Apostles and Church

4. Peter's name occurs first in all lists of apostles (Mt 10:2; Mk 3:16; Lk 6:14; Acts 1:13). Matthew even calls him the "first" (10:2). Judas Iscariot is invariably mentioned last.

5. Peter is almost without exception named first whenever he appears with anyone else. In one (only?) example to the contrary, Galatians 2:9, where he ("Cephas") is listed after James and before John, he is clearly preeminent in the entire context (e.g., 1:18-19; 2:7-8).

6. Peter alone among the apostles receives a new name, Rock, solemnly conferred (Jn 1:42; Mt 16:18).

7. Likewise, Peter is regarded by Jesus as the Chief Shepherd after Himself (Jn 21:15-17), singularly by name, and over the universal Church, even though others have a similar but subordinate role (Acts 20:28; 1 Pet 5:2).

8. Peter alone among the apostles is mentioned by name as having been prayed for by Jesus Christ in order that his "faith may not fail" (Lk 22:32).

9. Peter alone among the apostles is exhorted by Jesus to "strengthen your brethren" (Lk 22:32).

Peter is specified by an angel as the leader and representative of the apostles (Mk 16:7) and Peter takes the lead in calling for a replacement for Judas (Acts 1:22). Peter instructs the other apostles on the catholicity (universality) of the Church (Acts 11:5-17) and he is the first to receive the Gentiles, after a revelation from God (Acts 10:9-48). Peter is often spoken of as distinct among apostles (Mk 1:36; Lk 9:28,32; Acts 2:37; 5:29; 1 Cor 9:5) .... the list goes on and on. See the quotes at the site. Peter was absolutely in charge of the apostles and of Jesus church.
edit on 1/12/2015 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: sacgamer25I have taught you the truth and charged you nothing for it. I have claimed to be a prophet many times, but NO ONE IS LISTENING. I can teach the world how to find the light and I can prove that every pastor lies when he says he knows what he is teaching.

You can continue to follow men who claim they cannot overcome sin, or you can follow the Light who can teach you to overcome all sin.

You prove yourself to not be a prophet, simply by your claim that you are one. True prophets of God are not self-proclaimed.

If it seems no one is listening, then perhaps it is because Jesus said that His sheep will know His voice and the voice of a stranger they will not follow.

Human beings reaching perfection is a Gnostic heresy. The little "god within you" is also heresy. We are saved through Jesus Christ, but we are not Jesus Christ. We have been freed from the bondage of sin, yet we still sin and are still in need of perpetual repentance and forgiveness.

We have been spiritually redeemed in Christ, but we are still in bodies of flesh, which will battle the temptations of sin until Jesus returns and our bodies are glorified. Only at the glorification and resurrection will we reach a state of perfection. Until then, we are spiritually saved in bodies of flesh that are works in progress.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Saul who claimed to be the Apostle to the Gentiles, and did not consider himself less than Peter, also received the new Name Paul. Paul was the Apostle selected by Christ himself, not one chosen by the casting of lots. So your own quote to 50 proofs contains at least one inaccuracy.

I have also been given the keys to the kingdom of heaven because of my faith. The Kingdom of heaven is within you. The Catholic church claims that we are waiting for something, and that the kingdom of heaven is where people who believe the Pope go when they die.

I did not need to die to find the Kingdom of Heaven. I only needed to believe all the words of the bible, and realize that their cannot be a contradiction. Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ and follows his commands receives the keys to the kingdom. Because they have the same faith as the Rock and they follow the same Christ by faith. Everyone who's faith is comparable to Peter the Rock will find the church.

21 “Woman,” Jesus replied, “believe me, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. 22 You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews. 23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. 24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”

You can look for a man made church and go their to worship or you can understand the church that Peter was establishing. The early Christian church would have looked much like a peaceful Indian tribe who's leaders taught about the Great Spirit (Holy Spirit), and everyone would share their stories. We don't need a man to tell us how to live, we only need to believe that the voice within that guides us to what is good and right is the voice of Christ Jesus. Once you acknowledge that it is his voice that encourages you to do better, it is his voice that tells you not to give up on love, then you can be taught by his voice.

If you knock on the door to perfection, accepting the Holy Spirit as the only authority, capable of teaching you himself, without the need of the Pope or any other man, then the door to perfection is open. The Keys belong to Christ and he gives them to anyone who believes that he is Christ. The one who takes away all sin from the world and can bring all men together into an everlasting covenant of Love and Peace.

What did Peter preach?

Acts 2:23 And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

What do the scriptures say about the Holy Spirit and who is the head of the church?

Colossians 1 15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.

21 Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of your evil behavior. 22 But now he has reconciled you by Christ’s physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation— 23 if you continue in your faith, established and firm, and do not move from the hope held out in the gospel. This is the gospel that you heard and that has been proclaimed to every creature under heaven, and of which I, Paul, have become a servant.

Mathew 23 8 “But you are not to be called ‘Rabbi,’ for you have one Teacher, and you are all brothers. 9 And do not call anyone on earth ‘father,’ for you have one Father, and he is in heaven. 10 Nor are you to be called instructors, for you have one Instructor, the Messiah. 11 The greatest among you will be your servant

Isaiah 11:2 And the Spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him, the Spirit of wisdom and understanding, the Spirit of counsel and might, the Spirit of knowledge and the fear of the Lord.

1 Corinthians 2:13 And we impart this in words not taught by human wisdom but taught by the Spirit, interpreting spiritual truths to those who are spiritual.

1 John 2:26-27
26 I am writing these things to you about those who are trying to lead you astray. 27 As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and YOU DO NOT NEED ANYONE TO TEACH YOU. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit—just as it has taught you, remain in him.

It is clear that Peter was proclaiming the Holy Spirit. So he must also have known that the Holy Spirit is the one who teaches those who are spiritual. Peter did not take the seat of Christ (Vicar of Christ), he knew that Christ Jesus was the head of the church. And the one who is within you does not need a man to teach you, since he, the one who is perfect is in you.

The Pope claims that man needs him, because he is the only representative of Christ on earth (Vicar of Christ). He does not live as one who serves like Christ. He eats well, sleep in a nice warm bed, and dresses in fine clothing while much of his congregation lives below poverty. This does not reflect Peter or Christ in any way.

The Pope will have you drink from the cup of maddening wine, binding you to sin so that you never overcome him, and become the perfect child you were created to be. Peter knew perfection lies within, these two philosophies will never be reconciled, because THIER IS ONLY ONE TEACHER, Christ Jesus.

I do not need to follow the Pope to find the one within me. No more than the world needs me, except to believe in the perfection that lies within. I can reconcile the religions but I cannot make you walk through the door of perfection. I can mirror his perfection, because he is in me, but I cannot teach you how to be you. I cannot give you the Holy Spirit. Only Christ who is the Holy Spirit can guide you to become you.
edit on 12-1-2015 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Paul was the Apostle selected by Christ himself

No...

Paul was the person who appointed himself as an apostle... and the only evidence of his miraculous "conversion" is by his own word... the word of a Pharisee... Paul did not ever meet Christ... the evidence of which is in his writing... He teachs nothing Christ taught, and even contradicts him in many cases

There are three instances of said "conversion"... none of which are the same...

edit on 12-1-2015 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Paul was the Apostle selected by Christ himself, not one chosen by the casting of lots.

Um .. no. I already showed Jesus picking Peter and appointing him head of His church. Peter wasn't chosen by 'casting lots'.

I have also been given the keys to the kingdom of heaven because of my faith.

Jesus specifically told PETER that whatever HE held bound on Earth would be bound in Heaven. Jesus said nothing about that to anyone else. Ever. Peter was in charge and set the rules of the Church that Jesus handed him.

The 50 bible quotes show that, without question, Peter was appointed head of the Church by Jesus. Period.

I don't understand the great fear that protestants have about accepting the fact that Jesus proclaimed Peter to be head of His Church on Earth and that Jesus gave Peter full authority to run it. It's all right there. No twisted interpretations and dodging around needed. It's very clear.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Whatever you bound on earth will be bound in heaven. This is not the miracle that you have been told.

If you believe that a new car will bring Love into your life(you are bound to the car in the mind), Whatever your mind is bound to your heart is also bound to. If you believe that (Love) Heaven can be found in a car then your heart is bound where the mind is, on material possessions.

If you believe that only God can bring Love into your life (you are bound to God in the mind), Whatever your mind is bound to your heart is also bound to. If you believe that Love is found within you, then your mind is bound to Love and you need nothing else.

This is why Buddha teaches against being attached to material possessions. When your mind is attached to material possession you are bound to them. Free yourself from the attachment to material possessions and you will be bound to the Light.

Or you can believe that only the Catholic church has the rights to forgive and decide who God Loves, which is what you need to believe to follow their interpretation.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Peter was the Apostle to the Jews.

Peter was the head of Jesus CHURCH. Jesus said so. Matthew 16:18-19

the Catholic Church does not represent the teaching of Peter or Christ.

You are welcome to that opinion.

If Peter was baptizing in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, it was not the baptism that is done now.

The Catholic Church baptizes in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. It's a valid baptism. And Peter's baptizing was valid as well. Jesus sent the apostles out to baptize and He had no issues with them baptizing.

Since Peter was declared to be the Apostle, only to the Jews, his church ended in 70 AD when the Jewish Temple was destroyed.

No where was Peter declared to be 'only to the Jews'. JESUS said Peter was the rock upon which the CHURCH was to be built and that the gates of hell would not prevail against it. JESUS gave full authority to Peter saying that whatever he said on Earth would be ratified in Heaven. So your statement that Peter only had a Jewish church and it died in 70AD is wrong.

Exactly right.

Peter was a missionary and evangelist after his conversion. Even Jesus said to Peter "When thou art converted, strengthen the brethren". Even as Jesus was still here on earth at that point, Peter wasn't converted until after the Resurrection.

If people actually invested time into studying the apostles and where they went, they would be very surprised to find this book, The Gospel of Thomas is a hoax because Thomas was in India long before it was ever written. There were 12 disciples and many apostles, Paul was merely the most famous of them all. Polycarp also was an apostle but people don't know much about him.

Of the 12 disciples, the only ones we have written letters from is Peter. James wasn't exactly a disciple, but he clearly had some influence because his letter survives today as the Book of James. I think people forget these disciples were sent out by twos, therefore, what one wrote the other verified it in the churches those letters were sent to and not all churches got all the letters.

Here are the 12 disciples...

Simon Peter (Cephas), James the Elder , John the Beloved, Andrew (brother of Simon), Philip, Nathanael Bartholomew, Thomas Didymas, Matthew Levi, James the Less , Jude Thaddeus, Simon The Zealot, Judas Iscariot

Everyone of these men, except Judas Iscariot, was head of different churches in different countries and all contributed to Christianity. Simon Peter became head of the Roman church, but he wasn't the only disciple to preach and certainly they all preached to both Jews and Gentiles because in their locations, there were either one or the other or a mixture.

The cities mentioned specifically by book titles are Corinth, Galatia, Ephesus, Philippi, Thessaloniki and Rome. The book titles of names of disciples are Peter (all), James, Jude, Timothy (all), John (the Beloved) and John (the rest of them).

Paul was never directly head of any of them, Timothy was however and so was Peter and James. The rest of the disciples are found elsewhere in the world. I wish people would research these things. Timothy was also Jewish and Paul mentions that his mother and grandmother were both Jewish believers. Phillip's daughters were prophetesses, that Paul acknowledged.

Peter was never just an evangelist to the Jews, Paul simply had a feud with him over Jewish customs and that seems to be a very Jewish thing to do, as Paul never recanted from being Jewish, he said he was of the tribe of Benjamin. Of all the disciples and apostles, the only ones we know about what tribe they were from was James (Judah), Matthew (Levi) and Paul (Benjamin).

I don't know why people are still stuck on the Peter/Paul feud, that Paul started. But all these men contributed to Christianity and none of them, except Judas, should ever be forgotten.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Whatever you bound on earth will be bound in heaven. This is not the miracle that you have been told.

If you believe that a new car will bring Love into your life(you are bound to the car in the mind), Whatever your mind is bound to your heart is also bound to. If you believe that (Love) Heaven can be found in a car then your heart is bound where the mind is, on material possessions.

If you believe that only God can bring Love into your life (you are bound to God in the mind), Whatever your mind is bound to your heart is also bound to. If you believe that Love is found within you, then your mind is bound to Love and you need nothing else.

This is why Buddha teaches against being attached to material possessions. When your mind is attached to material possession you are bound to them. Free yourself from the attachment to material possessions and you will be bound to the Light.

Or you can believe that only the Catholic church has the rights to forgive and decide who God Loves, which is what you need to believe to follow their interpretation.

Are you Buddhist?

Why are you referencing Buddha knowing that Prince Guatama was a heartless jerk who emotionally and physically abandoned his wife and newborn. Really, just material possessions and attachments, huh?

So in your worldview, it is ok to abandon a newborn child the night it is born because it is an emotional burden? Is that how it works? Did he reach perfection after committing that sin?

Yes, it is a sin to emotionally and physically abandon a wife and child to go out and find yourself. So he sat under that tree and died after years of begging for food because he couldn't overcome the desire for his body's necessity to eat. Really, you should just pick another moral example, Prince Guatama is a poor one to follow.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

yeah... He only left them with all the wealth he had as a prince

What a jerk... LOL

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I am not the one who blasphemes a teacher of light.

Nor will I judge those who God has called prophets. How do I know Buddha is a prophet and that his teaching is from God. First his teachings are the same divine psychology that Christ was teaching and I believe EVERY WORD OF THE BIBLE IS THE TRUTH.

Acts 5 36 Some time ago Theudas appeared, claiming to be somebody, and about four hundred men rallied to him. He was killed, all his followers were dispersed, and it all came to nothing. 37 After him, Judas the Galilean appeared in the days of the census and led a band of people in revolt. He too was killed, and all his followers were scattered. 38 Therefore, in the present case I advise you: Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail.

39 BUT IF IT IS FROM GOD, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO STOP THESE MEN; YOU WILL ONLY FIND YOURSELVES FIGHTING AGAINST GOD.”

According to this passage all of these religions must have originated with God. Buddha, Zoster, Vedas, Mohammad, and the Egyptian theology.

All of these men teach about the divine Light and all of these religions have been around for at least 1400 years. So if teaching from men comes to nothing and teaching the divine cannot be stopped, then all of these men were prophets.

A warning against false teachers who slander God's prophets and teach others to do the same.

Jude 1 8 In the very same way, on the strength of their dreams these ungodly people pollute their own bodies, reject authority and heap abuse on celestial beings (God's Prophets). 9 But even the archangel Michael, when he was disputing with the devil about the body of Moses, did not himself dare to condemn him for slander but said, “The Lord rebuke you!” 10 Yet these people slander whatever they do not understand, and the very things they do understand by instinct—as irrational animals do—will destroy them.

11 Woe to them! They have taken the way of Cain; they have rushed for profit into Balaam’s error; they have been destroyed in Korah’s rebellion.

12 These people are blemishes at your love feasts, eating with you without the slightest qualm—shepherds who feed only themselves. They are clouds without rain, blown along by the wind; autumn trees, without fruit and uprooted—twice dead. 13 They are wild waves of the sea, foaming up their shame; wandering stars, for whom blackest darkness has been reserved forever.

14 Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about them: “See, the Lord is coming with thousands upon thousands of his holy ones 15 to judge everyone, and to convict all of them of all the ungodly acts they have committed in their ungodliness, and of all the defiant words ungodly sinners have spoken against him.”16 These people are grumblers and faultfinders; they follow their own evil desires; they boast about themselves and flatter others for their own advantage.

17 But, dear friends, remember what the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ foretold. 18 They said to you, “In the last times there will be scoffers who will follow their own ungodly desires.”

19 These are the people who divide you (From the followers of God's other prophets), who follow mere natural instincts (they teach that you are bound to sin as a failure) and do not have the Spirit.

Those who slander God's prophets and separate you by condemning God's prophets do not follow the Holy Spirit.

If Buddha left his family in sin and God choose to forgive him and make him a prophet who am I to judge. I am not presenting to you a message that separates you but the church most definitely wants to keep you separate and self-righteous through ritual

It is not the prophets that taught you to justify sin, but men who do not follow the Light.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Huh?

Prince Guatama didn't ask forgiveness, that would be out of character for his teaching. See, in his world view, EVERYTHING was an emotional burden, even guilt. So he can't be forgiven because forgiveness would be an emotional burden and not necessary.

I'm not blaspheming Prince Guatama, he was just a man who begged for food knowing that he could have done what every other poor person did and that was work for his bread. He very clearly then was not following the God of the Bible who said "by the sweat of thy brow shalt thou grow thy food". Meaning that if you want to eat, you have to work. Very simple concept, but Guatama had food given to him all his life, even when he was begging for it. Do you think if he had not been born a prince, would people have still given him food? Not likely. They knew who he was and that it was the duty of the citizenry to give the royal house whatever they want, even when begging for it.

Buddha was no teacher of light, just his own version of self-immolation that could be relieved if he simply acknowledged that he had the power in his hands to help the citizens of his land by distributing his goods to the poor, but he chose to tell the poor to not desire food.

Hmm, quite contrary to the Gospels, wouldn't you say? Jesus said to the wealthy young prince, "Take all thy goods and give it to the poor". Did Guatama do that? Nope, he just begged. So there, Buddha and the Gospels are not comparative by any means by that one verse alone.

Prince Guatama had the power in his hands to alleviated the suffering poor by distributing his wealth, instead he maintained his royal title and told the poor to beg. What kind of teaching is that?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   

King David committed adultery with another mans wife. He then tried to hide his transgression with a lie to the warrior that fought on King David's behalf. David could not get this noble man to sleep with his wife because he was concerned about his friends who were still fighting the war. Finally David sent a letter with the warrior that says make sure this man dies without any concern for how many of his men would die.

According to the report many good men died. God punished David with the death of his firstborn son.

Remember before this God calls David a man after his own heart. Should we discredit the OT because King David was a sinner. By your standards none could be a prophet except Christ. None of the other prophets claimed to be anything other than men who found the Light.

How do you know Buddha didn't repent? Apparently you are the judge of what God forgives and does not forgive, and who is and is not a prophet.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

King David committed adultery with another mans wife. He then tried to hide his transgression with a lie to the warrior that fought on King David's behalf. David could not get this noble man to sleep with his wife because he was concerned about his friends who were still fighting the war. Finally David send a letter with the warrior that says make sure this man dies without any concern for how many of his men would die.

According to the report many good men died. God punished David with the death of his firstborn son.

Remember before this God calls David a man after his own heart. Should we discredit the OT because King David was a sinner. By your standards none could be a prophet except Christ. None of the other prophets claimed to be anything other than men who found the Light.

How do you know Buddha didn't repent? Apparently you are the judge of what God forgives and does not forgive, and who is and is not a prophet.

Buddha a prophet? What?

The man was never a prophet. What are you now, a COEXIST multiplicity interfaith believer?

His last words

"Behold, O monks, this is my last advice to you. All component things in the world are changeable. They are not lasting. Work hard to gain your own salvation."

So now, according to him, what does it mean to work hard? How hard must you work? How much is enough?

That goes against the Bible, in that it says "We work out our own soul salvation, with fear and trembling before the Lord". That's the key, before the Lord. Not your own ways, because "there is a way that seems right unto man, but the end of the ways thereof is death".

Your heart, is it truly right? "The heart of man is desperately wicked" as the Bible says. So if your heart is wicked, but in your own eyes walk according to your own ways, working out your own salvation with that wicked heart, then according to the God of the Bible, you are a failure because your heart isn't capable of being good and doing right by any work that you do. You can't work hard enough to make your heart right, because it is desperately wicked.

That is why Jesus said "follow me for I am humble and meek". Jesus didn't have to work hard, He defeated death so you now have the opportunity for the Lord to make your heart right. Jesus said "I am the way, I am the truth and I am the life, no man comes to the Father but by me".

Because Jesus is the way, then there is no four ways, no middle way, no ascetic way, no new age way, no gnostic way, no mystic way, no self way, no hard work way, no other way but by Him. That's contrary to Buddha.

Because Jesus is the truth, then there is no Buddha truth, no new age truth, no gnostic truth, no mystic truth, no self truth, no other truth but Him.

Because Jesus is the life, then there is no reincarnation. "He that believes on me, though he were dead shalt he live".

There is no death for those who believe in Jesus because Jesus physically overcame death, because death was the last enemy to be defeated, Jesus did it. "If that same spirit that raised Christ from the dead shall be in you, will one day quicken your mortal bodies". You shall live glorified because your physical body is merely a structure for your existence, but Jesus defeated physical death.

Buddha couldn't do it, Mohammed couldn't do it, Zoroaster couldn't do it, Mani couldn't do it. And because Jesus is God incarnate, and the name above all names, and your knee shall bow one day to Him, He will determine whether you are put on the left or the right, but if you believe in Jesus then you have to believe that He is the way, the truth and the life. If you are trying to go up through Buddhism, then you are the same as a thief as Jesus said.

No other name shall be given in heaven or earth, except the name of Jesus. Not Buddha, because Prince Guatama tried to go up another way, through his own effort by his own way. He led billions and billions to suffer and die, denying their right to know the way, the truth and the life, because Buddha's ways are simply Buddha's ways, from his own imagination. His ways aren't even universal knowledge or understanding and certainly not truth.

Buddha lied.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

It seems to me that Buddha sacrificed his former life so he could find a path for others...

IF Jesus is the way... what is that way?

Pretty sure He didn't have faith in himself... He didn't say Believe in me as I believe in me

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Do you believe in your humanity because you are human or because you say you are human? Jesus is God incarnate, He doesn't have to say "I believe in Me" because He IS. That's what you have to recognize and believe.

Do you believe in you enough to tell others to believe in you? I assume you are real, therefore I can only believe that you are a person, I don't have to believe in any more about you other than that, but Akragon isn't the name that saves, Akragon isn't the way, the truth and the life.

See the difference?

Not even WarminIndy is a name that can save, not even WarminIndy is the way, the truth and the life. I'm just a person who is human incarnate. You and I can't even believe in each other, we can only see that the other exists, that is all. Jesus IS the way, the truth and the life. If you don't believe that, then perhaps you shouldn't preach Jesus' words so much, because it is what Jesus said.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join