It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arrest warrant issued for boy, 9, accused of stealing gum

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
9 year old arrested for stealing gum ?....far out i guess we should be thankful the child wasn't shot and killed for his heinous crimes.....

with this kind of story all the way to cartoonists getting shot for printing images we are surely a doomed species if this continues ...someone wake me up from this this nightmare....

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ecossiepossie
a reply to: skunkape23

"Idaho, but I lost'er

Where did you lose her Jamaica or did she go off her own accord ?

"To a welder, name of Foster."

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
If the kid is only 9, then it was his parents' responsibility to get him to court. I'm not saying I think he should have a warrant for his arrest, but it would be far more appropriate if the warrant was for his parents failing to take him. What's he supposed to do, borrow a car and drive himself?

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Depending on how this plays out, right now, I see no problem.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   
It's your justice system at work. No one had the sense to just say that it was ridiculous. Common sense is in short supply. I wish I could judge them. I'd flog the lot of them.

Then they would know what real miscarriage of justice is.
edit on 11-1-2015 by LOSTinAMERICA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

Blame the parents, who are sending the message to their child they can steal and not show up for court with no consequences.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Blame the parents, who are sending the message to their child they can steal and not show up for court with no consequences.

are you suggesting the 9 year old has any concept of the adult justice system and how it works ?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

are you suggesting the 9 year old has any concept of the adult justice system and how it works ?

Are you suggesting I did not say blame the parents?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   

obviously the parents are not keeping up their part of the agreement that is parenting,no dispute here....i was just curious how you consider it a message sent to the child as the child would have no real concept of a court system or how it works

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   

obviously the parents are not keeping up their part of the agreement that is parenting,no dispute here....i was just curious how you consider it a message sent to the child as the child would have no real concept of a court system or how it works

Exactly, he has no concept of how it works, he is learning how it works. The message his parents are sending is you can steal, skip court, and not worry. That is what his parents are teaching him.

The court is not a fan of that lesson, and are most likely trying to teach him there are consequences for actions.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

i see where you are coming from ....still i am not so sure that is a lesson the child will understand....i think the court is being a bit over bearing in their way of teaching and may just teach resentment as a result

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   

a reply to: OccamsRazor04

i see where you are coming from ....still i am not so sure that is a lesson the child will understand....i think the court is being a bit over bearing in their way of teaching and may just teach resentment as a result

As I said, that is the parents' fault. They had not one, but two opportunities to do this the right way, and did not. I see nothing the court did so far that is wrong, the parents have been extremely neglectful. The situation is not resolved though, I will reserve final judgment until it is.
edit on 12-1-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: Tangerine

Yes, and if more 5 year old are arrested for misbehaving in school, the less likelihood of nine year olds stealing gum, etc...see where this is going?

Lets just keep arresting and charging children younger and younger until they're in they system for good and can get out to break more laws.

smh

People are missing the point.

Why don't you adopt him? Obviously, his parents didn't care enough to get him to court so they would probably agree if you kicked in a few bucks . Get back to us when he's 16.

The idea is to intervene and break the pattern while it can be broken. I'll bet there's far more to this story that we don't know about.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: Liquesence

Yea the "make some arrangements" was in regards to the family.

They can get to a store where the kid can steal gum, they probably should make an effort to get to court to deal with the kid stealing. Again.

The child is the one that is charged. So that's who the warrant gets issued for. Can't really take the parents into custody and leave the kid behind, can they?

Why not?

CYS doesn't have an issue taking children away from their parents for any other reasons!

I know your a police officer and in the past we have had our discussions, but are you really advocating a child being arrested for gum because of civil statutes?

For Christ's sakes, if the freaking community and their corrupt government is so hard up for money and creating a life long "serf", even though I don't have much, I will pay the BS fine!

There comes a time my friend, where even IF you are one of those who enforce the law, that if you truly love freedom and the Constitution, you NEED to stand up and say so! Stop making excuses.......

Taking a child into custody and leaving the parents at the house is a bit different than taking the parents into custody and leaving the child at the house, is it not? That's the point I made. They can't exactly arrest the kid's parents for not getting him to court and leave the kid behind.

I'm not advocating anything, I'm explaining the law. Around here, nobody would prosecute a kid that age for shoplifting to begin with, so this entire saga would've never happened. They'd stop him, get their crap back, call his parents, and kick him out of the store. The only time we've ever taken a kid this age into custody for shoplifting is a handful of occasions where the parents wouldn't come pick the kid up.

I guess we are at a stand still then as far as society goes. I am not arguing your point, because I can't disagree with it. However, I guess it just goes to show you that the whole ideal of political correctness and protecting society from children who steal gum has turned common sense into a bunch of idiots who think watering our crops with a corporate soft drink will feed the world, while in reality it kills the crops and we all starve?

*Movie Hint*

Lol...that movie seems closer to reality everyday.

Ironic really, as when I saw it the first time I was like " lol funny, but no way", now I see it daily.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6 Make some freakin arrangements and handle your crap.

a 9 year old should 'handle' the 'crap' of attending court charged with stealing gum? a child?

poor choice of words there sir.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz4

originally posted by: Shamrock6 Make some freakin arrangements and handle your crap.

a 9 year old should 'handle' the 'crap' of attending court charged with stealing gum? a child?

poor choice of words there sir.
]]

I'm betting there's far more to this story than we've been told. For one thing, the court would appoint a guardian ad litem if the child didn't have parents. I suspect this is a furor cooked up in a half-empty teapot.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join