It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman’s Attempt To Troll Liberals Backfires When Someone Notices This Disturbing Similarity

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

You know, bending and stretching to redeine well-established words, just so you can convince yourself that your argument makes sense... doesn't actually make your argument make sense and certainly oes not change the definition of the words in question.

More thinking, less newspeak, please.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

Many things look alike from the outside but are nothing alike on the inside.

You've either never heard or don't believe in the phrase "Don't judge a book by its cover."

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
She should take her finger off the trigger.

Amatuer.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   

I always saw the similarities between Christian conservatives and Muslim extremists.

You mean they're both people holding the same objects. That's where the similarities stop. One wants to be able to peacefully live their religion the other wants to use their religion as an excuse to kill you and disrupt peace. Good one though.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

Yes American conservatives are gun toting bible thumpers as is ISIS. Both aim to oppress. We agree. Right?

Upon joining the Republican party, you are given two AR-15's and the handgun of your choice. You are then taught the finer points of yelling "yee-haw!" while chugging a beer.

Please tell me you are kidding. I'd hate to think someone with that thought process is allowed to mingle with regular people.

Damn Wish I would have know that. Could have saved some money on buying those ARs.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 06:14 AM
link   
One is defending her right to exist. The other is defending her right to exterminate the OP.

The OP really seems like the type that would march into the ovens as the Jews did during WWII. Then again, the OP probably denies the holocaust altogether and cant fathom how evil humans can be. Sitting safely in the basement, this keyboard commando is ignorant of history and embraces progressive ideology to the point of absurdity.

I think we can safely assume the OP champions the Muslim extremist, even has a crush on her but vilifies the Christian that has called for the death of no one.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
What do we have in both pictures?

1. A banner for a specific group of humans...at it's core it represents human division.
2. A book full of ancient stories complied & edited by humans used to control and judge other humans.
3. A tool created and used for one purpose, for killing humans.
4. A woman, the human's species nurturer who's capable of creating new life, proudly displaying #1, #2 & #3.
5. All of the above planned, staged, recored and distributed to the masses.

What's the big deal? I'm sure the aliens will have no problems seeing the glaring differences

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Extremism in the name of ANYTHING is no virtue.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996
Woman’s Attempt To Troll Liberals Backfires When Someone Notices This Disturbing Similarity

While many of her followers fawned over the latest “suck it, Liberals!” tweet, one user noticed how creepy the photo was if you stopped to think about it.
@EricSilverUSA this obsession with guns and religion. If @HollyRFisher had a Quran and the same gun she’d look like she was a part of ISIS — John Williams (@willj1508) July 4, 2014
This prompted someone to post the obvious comparison: Fisher’s picture next to an almost identical picture of a young woman holding a similar rifle, in front of a Islamic flag and clutching the Quran. Even their crooked smiles are exactly the same. It’s uncanny.

I always saw the similarities between Christian conservatives and Muslim extremists.

There was a strong predilection for Nazis to march down public streets demanding their rights and there is a strong predilection for the civil rights movement in the US to march down streets and demand their rights so, by your logic, the civil rights movement were like Nazis?

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

My point is, each side is doing all it can to eliminate what it perceives as "the enemy" ie threat to a particular set of beliefs. The ONLY difference is which team you happen to be on and rooting for. We're the good guys and they're the horrible bad guys right? And yet each side's behavior is nearly indistinguishable from the other. Killing is killing, right?

The photo of the American girl was in response to the prejudice statements of a rather bigoted president who stated that a large group of his fellow Americans were nothing more than "bitter clingers." There are a lot of similar protest photos like that out there.

The photo of the Islamist girl is a photo of her support of a continuing war of Jihad (not saying that this reflects ALL muslims nor the true meaning of the term "Jihad" but the radical's agenda). Also, there are many photos like this out there.

To try to "understand" a photo out of context is moronic.
edit on 14-1-2015 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

hahaha great post.... reflects more on liberals' belief that owning a gun and bible is "extremist" in liberals' view.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Let's examine these two photos:

They both show men in uniform, holding guns, and executing people by firing squad.

"OMG!" Says the foolish, "they are both strikingly similar as to be the same! They both have guys in uniforms and guns and people lined up to be shot!" The foolish then extrapolate moral equivalency from the photos.

However, with a little thought one can see that they are radically different. One is of SS Nazis murdering civilians and the other is the execution of SS Nazis for warcrimes in Dachau.

Although they may look similar, the photos are radically different in reality.
edit on 14-1-2015 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

Agreed

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996

While many of her followers fawned over the latest “suck it, Liberals!” tweet, one user noticed how creepy the photo was if you stopped to think about it.
@EricSilverUSA this obsession with guns and religion. If @HollyRFisher had a Quran and the same gun she’d look like she was a part of ISIS — John Williams (@willj1508) July 4, 2014
This prompted someone to post the obvious comparison: Fisher’s picture next to an almost identical picture of a young woman holding a similar rifle, in front of a Islamic flag and clutching the Quran. Even their crooked smiles are exactly the same. It’s uncanny.

Please, I beg you to show me where the Christian woman was a part of a group that executes people for drawing a cartoon. In fact, the only thing I'll bet that woman has shot is paper and maybe Animals if she hunts, and again, I would be willing to bet everything I own that I could insult Jesus Christ and tell her to her face her did doesn't exist and that it wouldn't cross her mind once to behead me because of it.
edit on 14-1-2015 by chuck258 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: CaticusMaximus
One of the attributes of this site, concerning insults, is that if you do it slyly enough, you get away with the type of crap you just did.
Since i do not NEED to defend myself from your barbed misconceptions but feel a requirement to tell you to stuff it in some way, just to equalize things, here. You are ascribing traits to liberals which are overwhelmingly possessed by watchers of Faux News.
(I am not a fan of MSM in any form.)
The linkage made here is one of attitude. Those possessed by religiosity are easily grouped by their consistent adherence to stupid ideals, i.e., ideals which can only be defended by the circular reasoning that they all utilize in common. As an example, your tag lines.
"God told me to kill for him" certainly qualifies for a mutually held concept of the extremist nutbags contained within any 'inspired' religion. They are overcome by dualism and no longer can appreciate the shades of gray demonstrated in any system: social, biological or physical.
They are functionally insane but like any group having devolved into self-reinforcing insanity, worshipers of the ineffable need to have some material influence expressed in the real world to complete their self-determined 'mission'. Hari Krishnas do public self-abasement, Mormons go missionary, Christians do out-reach (sometimes Crusades), Muslims, well....Muslims are just barbarians as the arguments used to convert are just incredibly sick. Proselytizers do a sell job like any carny snake-oil act.
They all act out of self-interest. They are either wholly concerned about perpetual pain or eternal ecstasy. No, really. It's true. Their supreme chucklehead says, "Are you in or are you out?" That's a bus driver, not a god. Ralph Kramden could fill this role.
'You're the best' or 'To the Moon!'
Their deities of their beliefs are absolutists. Monotheists are the most crazy because they have nowhere to turn but the DARK SIDE.

(...As an aside....Making a pact with the devil makes you TOTALLY unredeemable unless you renege prior to death. Dishonor before hell gives you heaven. Murder gets you martyrdom or your murder gets martyrdom if you can justify this to the All Merciful. Yet according to tradition, Satan keeps his word and does not test you. He may be a lawyer but god is a judge. One adheres to the law the other makes it. Which one do you trust? The one who says he loves all of us but will condemn you to an eternity of suffering or the one who says you may suffer but at least you can party now.)

If this is so why is there nothing that is an absolute. Nothing. Dualism is not present anywhere except in the minds of believers.
So when these folks start packing weapons (and as stated are freaking nuts) tell me the functional difference. What? Their fantasy creations that are whispering in their ears wear different robes?

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc
Killing the helpless is evil.
I think that you agree.
Terminating lives of folks who have offended your sensibilities (no matter how sensible) but who can NO LONGER harm you is murder.
These photographs are identical.
People being killed for no GOOD reason.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: largo
a reply to: CaticusMaximus
They are functionally insane but like any group having devolved into self-reinforcing insanity, worshipers of the ineffable need to have some material influence expressed in the real world to complete their self-determined 'mission'.

Can you clarify. In your post above, are you referring to "liberals" who think showing two similar photographs creates some sort of equivalency in values?

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
American Liberals are murderers, what a concept!
American Conservatives never kill anyone, what a concept!

I don't know if either of these conceptions possess a hint of truth.
So let me tell you mine, which descends into this type of mud pit, like I think you are a conservative who has never had a defensible thought process reaching fruition. You know, one that results in a falsifiable theory through the application of rigorous logic and fact checking.

You are able to get sloganeering right though. Those are good slogans and I'm sure the short cuts needed to absorb and make them part of a conservative creed have been carefully considered. Appeal to emotions, feelings and the Reptilian ganglia is replete in these.

Well Done!

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc
Let's examine these two photos:

They both show men in uniform, holding guns, and executing people by firing squad.

"OMG!" Says the foolish, "they are both strikingly similar as to be the same! They both have guys in uniforms and guns and people lined up to be shot!" The foolish then extrapolate moral equivalency from the photos.

However, with a little thought one can see that they are radically different. One is of SS Nazis murdering civilians and the other is the execution of SS Nazis for warcrimes in Dachau.

Although they may look similar, the photos are radically different in reality.

Correction: one is the summary execution of Nazi POWs by American forces.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

Using information to prove a point is certainly one way we 'liberals' try to work with our counterparts. Influencing their 'thought' processing requires gross simplifications. Sometimes photos help transport these memes even though we await the crazier members of society to reject them offhand.

It is the problem with absolutists. I would say that 'liberals' are less absolutist, therefore saner than 'conservatives'.

You'll note that 'liberals' want to include people under their banner. (Easily discerned when we see conventions or policies.) Conservatives are relatively eager to discriminate. (Easily discerned when we see conventions or policies.)

So to compare the photos by weighing the relevant philosophies, both have nothing against killing each other.
They could try a dialog but WTH, it's easier firing bullets than to think.

Anything else I can help you with?
I'm a liberal and it's what we do.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join