It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman’s Attempt To Troll Liberals Backfires When Someone Notices This Disturbing Similarity

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+33 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Woman’s Attempt To Troll Liberals Backfires When Someone Notices This Disturbing Similarity

While many of her followers fawned over the latest “suck it, Liberals!” tweet, one user noticed how creepy the photo was if you stopped to think about it.
@EricSilverUSA this obsession with guns and religion. If @HollyRFisher had a Quran and the same gun she’d look like she was a part of ISIS — John Williams (@willj1508) July 4, 2014
This prompted someone to post the obvious comparison: Fisher’s picture next to an almost identical picture of a young woman holding a similar rifle, in front of a Islamic flag and clutching the Quran. Even their crooked smiles are exactly the same. It’s uncanny.

I always saw the similarities between Christian conservatives and Muslim extremists.

+31 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

If by "recently" they mean "early to mid last year" and by "get the word out" they mean "bring it all up again because we hate conservatives so much that even though this chick was all over the news last year we want to bring her up again" I can see their point.

+22 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Sly insinuation, libs. Equating guns and patriotism to Muslim extremism, creating mental links between the two things in the minds of the weak and gullible.

I dont think youre increasing your political base and convincing anyone though... those who would be convinced by something so asinine are already libs to begin with.

[Comment not necessarily directed at OP]

edit on 1/11/2015 by CaticusMaximus because: grammar

edit on 1/11/2015 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

It's a funny photo...

But what you said, was much funnier.

+14 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: CaticusMaximus

Sly insinuation, libs. Equating guns and patriotism to Muslim extremism, creating mental links between the two things in the minds of the weak and gullible.

I dont think youre increasing your political base and convincing anyone though... those who would be convinced by something so asinine are already libs to begin with.

[Comment not necessarily directed at OP]

Ain't that the truth! The closest thing to Muslim extremism in the United States is the Progressives!

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: Shamrock6

It's a funny photo...

But what you said, was much funnier.

Oh I get the humor in it....

Just like I got it last year

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I was wrong!
edit on 11-1-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

+26 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I bet you my whole next years salary that the one on the left isnt going to run out and kill a bunch of people....

conveniently they dont tell thats White Widow from the Al-Shabaab Islamic militant group who has indeed orchestrated many attacks killing innocent civilians.....and was also married to the 7/7 london bomber.....

The intellectual dishonesty from people on ATS sometimes just blows my mind, no pun intended
edit on 1/11/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: CaticusMaximus

The idea that someone cannot see the direct correlation, the almost identical footprint, etc...

Is just about as scary as EITHER person in those two photos.

Yepp, I'd hide my child from *anyone* that was beating that drum...

-NF

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I was wrong!

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Do you have proof that the Arab lady is a Muslim extremist...

Ask the OP buddy.

Onslaught2996:

I always saw the similarities between Christian conservatives and Muslim extremists.

That is in direct reference to the woman on the right in the OPs pic.

Typical attempt to divert the flow of the conversation onto a completely irrelevant track. The focus is about associating the idea of patriotism and gun ownership with Muslim extremism on a broad level, not whether the individuals that are used, rightly or wrongly, as representatives of those things are actually those things or not.

I am not impressed, Charlie.

edit on 1/11/2015 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

+26 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

So, kind of like these images?

Have I missed something or is this a fair approximation of the 'logic' that you used to arrive at this conclusion?
edit on 11-1-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

+27 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   

I'll just leave this here..

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

That is in direct reference to the woman on the right in the OPs pic.

I understand that, I also ignored that part in favour of my own thinking that Fundamentalists are similar...

Because you said libs were insiniating, I thought you were going by the article photo, not the OP.
That's why I asked, my bad.

Typical attempt to divert the flow of the conversation onto a completely irrelevant track.

Honestly not my intention, it was a genuine question.

I based my opinion on the photo not the article and I saw a comparison between Funadmentalists not Patriots & extremists.

I am not impressed, Charlie.

My apologies.

I wasn't being funny, just curious.

edit on 11-1-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: Missed a word!!!

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

At first glance, I won't lie, I did think it was the White Widow...

But when I zoomed in I thought the lady in the picture looked more Arab...

Haven't seen her picture for a while though I could be wrong.

No i think its her, at least from all the searches and stuff i did, but I could be wrong
edit on 1/11/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Or other religious extremist groups?
Not sure how you skid over them and get to progressives.
I mean many progressives are rather passive, they don't even like guns usually.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Did a quick Google image search, I should of done that initially because it's the second picture of her!

Good catch.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
This topic is certainly informative indeed.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Fair enough.

I do not think of the woman on the right as anything negative or positive based on the symbolic objects in the photo. I do not associate guns, a presumably Arabic flag, nor the Quran with any one specific idea.

But I know damn well >99% in the West do associate those symbols, especially in combination, with "evil" other things. I know this, and so do propagandists, and propagandists use these almost archtypal images to their advantage whenever possible, because they know most people will not question the association on anything more than a superficial level. So if the images look kinda similar, without further contemplating the situation and just letting it sit as is, most people will have formed a subconscious mental association between the target image and the archtypal image, and by extension, the concepts represented by the target image will also intermingle with the concepts represented by the archtypal image.

Through this, the targeted concepts (patriotism, guns) in the mind of the undiscerning will be tainted in favor of the propagandists agenda.

edit on 1/11/2015 by CaticusMaximus because: grammar

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

It's not the White widow

Her name is Reem Riyashi, a Palestinian suicide Bomber.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

edit on 11/1/15 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join