It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US trade deficit at highest level ever.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   

The rich would indeed care what happens to America because they live here do you really think their safe in their big mansions in a third world hell hole. All the money in the world wont save you when a mob of armed citzens comes a calling. Just ask Marie Antoinette how much good her money and power did when the masses got pissed.

I do not think the situation is the same. We are entering a period where oligarchy has taken on a new and unprecedented sophistication. The situation with the French revolution was different. There was no technological sophistication available to the wealthy and the artistocrats. Once the armies turned, they had nobody to save them.

Today we have the rich protected by the police and the courts. If they choose to tank America and make money on the way down, there is nothing to stop them. People will not be able to revolt as with the French because the mansions will be empty. The super rich and their offspring will be tanning their fat-asses on a beach in San Tropez.

I would say that with the advent of tazers, pepper-spray paintballs and sound weapons, the idea of a popular revolt becomes less and less plausible in America.

As for the Neo-Cons, they are no different than any other radicalized political group in that without financing, they are nothing. It is the bankers who lend money for guns and ammo who are the enemy. War is the enemy of all mankind. Unfortunately, an economic crash would allow America to further militarize and thereby stabilize its post-crash economy through open and bald-faced war production combined with rationing and price controls.

If Dick Cheney thought peace could make him rich, don't you think he'd do that? His bread is buttered with depleted uranium, plain and simple.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Just cannot get over the well prepared graphics. Ace of Base, well done. In addition to provoking debate, you have presented the figures in easily understandable format. Good post.

Still, just wondering if you could get the financials for Halliburton and friends since this tragedy started ? Might be interesting to see if the comparison of the budget deficit is inversely proportional to their profit margins.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Is that the "MASON" JAR again or the DIXON LINE??

Are you sure you want to look a Halliburton's Financials???

I know they are in HOUSTON and used to be in DALLAS?
But I think they have a P.O. Box on some ISLAND.

<< 1  2   >>

join