It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America snubs historic Paris rally

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

but would be willing to accept they tried to plan a trip but were just not able due to lack of time and planning.

Really??

2 day notice and a 6 1/2 hour flight in a flying condo/office?

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Ya you think the SS will plan a trip in two days?

Its not just gassing up the plane and going and you know it.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

First off the ss has been very lack in Obamas security and second do you know how much security there is in France right now with ALL of the other high ranking officials?

You can stop making excuses for him his true colors have been exposed.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Some one getting over the fence means his ss has been lacking security?

40 high ranking officials is not ALL, hold your horses there bud.

The SS doesn't care about what other people have, they care about what they need to do.

I agree that he should have been there, but am also willing to accept that if the SS says no, then it is a no go.

You can speculate all you want but you don't have the slightest clue as to why he wasn't there

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   

So, then we have a V-Pres and Secretary of State....what possible reasons would keep them home?
Someone should have been there.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Even if he didn't want to be there personally, he could have at least sent his VP or secretary of state to be in front of the march with other world leaders and officials.

The fact that NO high profile members of the administration were there in front of the march is inexcusable.

It also sends absolutely all of the wrong messages to both the people of the free world, and to the terrorists.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I read this a while ago and posted it here. I know, when picking out the bad, the bad is all you see. Don't take it personal, I do it also.

Statement

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Some one getting over the fence means his ss has been lacking security?

That plus drunk on duty, finding out that bullets hit the whitehouse from the maids or how about the time when they were screwing around with prostitutes (most likely under age) but I suppose those don't count.

If I remember correctly there was that time when obama was going to fundies in a couple of states then was suppose to fly to ny for a wedding but made a last minute change to fly back to d.c so he could sleep in his own bed and then flew to ny the next day no problems with the ss making last minute plans then.

Bottom line he has shown how little he cares about issues when he's not the center of attention.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I think he was just too tired from his vacation to bother to get on AF1 again and support France.....Just saying that he needed to rest from his jet lag from sunny Hawaii and all the family time and waste of taxpayers money.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

But what in that memo says anything about him or other higher ups in his administration not going?

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   

US Attorney General Eric Holder, who was in Paris Sunday to attend a meeting of interior and justice ministers discussing measures to combat jihadist attacks, was meant to have participated in the rally according to the White House on Saturday, but did not do so, the US embassy in Paris confirmed.

Eric Holder a No-Show at Historic France Rally

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   

I don't judge. Maybe he didn't want to effect the grieving process. I'm not Obama. Thank god.

Oh, and there's this.

I have directed my Administration to provide any assistance needed to help bring these terrorists to justice.
edit on 11-1-2015 by LOSTinAMERICA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Countries sent different people. A few leaders but, mostly lower ranking officials. This would be something you toss Kerry at but, he is in India as we prepare for the new US India strategic partnership. So for what is pretty much a photo op the Ambassador does what he is suppose to do. Represent the US.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Sending Eric Holder would have been worse than sending no one.

Come on, you know you agree with me.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Alrightie then.

Let's break it down for those who are not paying attention.

Most if not all those countries are currently helping the US in the 'fight' against ISIS.

The poster child of radical Islam.

Now the American PRESIDENT, or VICE PRESIDENT can't be bothered to show up at an ANTI TERRORISM rally.

Is an EPIC faux pas for the win.

Believe me.

Terrorists are paying attention here.

European countries are taking terrorism more seriously than the US is.

And that is dangerous.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Terrorists are paying attention here. European countries are taking terrorism more seriously than the US is. And that is dangerous.

I have a terrible feeling we are going to find out how right you are very soon.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   
This is a sorry and pathetic display by the President and dignitaries of the United States. If Obama couldn't go he should have been on the phone recruiting someone who could! They couldn't even send the Vice President or an Ex President? They don't even TRY to show solidarity with our allies, support freedom of speech and condemn terrorism? Not only insulting and not nice but far from bright! Obama is simply handing fuel to those fanning the flames of years of accusations of his being a closet Muslim, palling around with terrorists, and supporting an extremist Islamic agenda!

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   
By attending Obama would have raised the stature of the murderers.

Media attention is what gives them power.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   
When the French and the rest of the world kisses our military and veterans feet for fighting this war for 13 years.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Plugin

I am quite familiar. It's well documented on the extent that security costs and measures are made and expanding. Most of the 21st century security measures were deployed prior to Obama though. It had to be done after 9/11 happened.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join