It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America snubs historic Paris rally

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Secret Service wouldn't allow Obama to go. They would just tell him "Sir, we couldn't guarantee your security. Things are too fluid and unknown over there, even the French couldn't protect their own. Sorry Sir, you have to watch events on TV."

link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

A French guy told me it was no big loss. They have their own problems to deal with and are not going to make it into a three ring circus with dumbo um... Obama not showing. But you ain't heard dat from me because I ain't one to gossip.
edit on 11-1-2015 by LOSTinAMERICA because: spelling isn't my strong suit

link   
I don't want the president to march in the streets of Paris with the rest of the world leaders.

I've seen waaaaaay too many Super Friends episodes to know that that is EXACTLY when the Legion of Doom strikes!

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

Today here in Europe people from both left and right, of various ethnicities and various religions came together in a display of solidarity against radical fundamentalists... maybe take inspiration from it and leave the partisan BS aside for a day.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheArrow
I don't want the president to march in the streets of Paris with the rest of the world leaders.

I've seen waaaaaay too many Super Friends episodes to know that that is EXACTLY when the Legion of Doom strikes!

Hell just because of the 'super hero'.

CX

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I thought they did send a lady from the administration? Can't remember her name but it was mentioned on the news.

It was also mentioned about the nightmare of security if Obama had gone, which I can kind of understand. Please correct me if i'm wrong, but when Obama goes anywhere, you usually see whole blocks rearranged, cordoned off or whatever. That would have seriously messed up any plans for the protest to be as big and free as it was today I think.

I also can't see him have been allowed to walk arm in arm down the middle of the street like that without his SS team surrounding him. To be honest, watching the heads of state walking there today, I couldn't help thinking what an absolute nightmare it would be if someone tried anything bad. A dozen separate security teams only interested in getting their principal out.....through a million strong crowd.

To be honest, whilst it's nice to send support, I wish the leaders had stayed at home and let the public have their day.

Kind of felt wrong watching the ones that contribute to terrorism, leading a protest against it.

CX.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Not having the US president, THE leader of the FREE world there, leading the march with other leaders of the world was a monumental mistake.

A missed opportunity that can NEVER again be duplicated.

Too bad. But entirely expected, predictable, unfortunate and incredibly illuminating....

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Considering Palestine's Mahmoud Abbas & Jordan's King Abdullah II could bother to make it Mr.Obama definitely should have been there.

No excuse, not even an all important tee off!!!

Plenty of excuses man. The crazies arent going to attack muslim leaders, they would have done everything possible to kill americas president.

Obama not going gets a pass from me, and I dont even like him.....the risk is just too high.

But we should have sent someone, the fact we didnt is just bs to me.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Obama actually said in a speech on September 25, 2012 at the U.N.

The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam. Yet to be credible, those who condemn that slander must also condemn the hate we see when the image of Jesus Christ is desecrated, churches are destroyed, or the Holocaust is denied.

www.realclearpolitics.com...

I'm really not surprised here, but its interesting to finally see their real color.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: infinityorder

WE DID!

America had a presence, it even says so in the article in the OP which goes against the title.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: infinityorder

Jane Hartley was there on behalf of the United States, as she should be, since she is the ambassador to France, this is her job.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Holder was there, just wasn't in the march and we had an ambassador that did march.

Yeah U.S. Ambassador to France Jane Hartley , so I guess she was already there.
No point defending the indefensible.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Neither President Obama or Vice President Joe Biden attended the historic event, though both of their schedules were open

Why on Earth would Obama want to go to an anti-terrorism march?

Never let a crisis go to waste eh.

Another massive fail.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

And the point of that comment was just about an american presence.

Context, it is important.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
All of the countries represented in Paris also have ambassador's.

But their LEADERS showed up.

Instead of just paying lip service to the French.

Yeah that does speak volumes.

And it goes a long way to show who the real coalition of the willing is.

Instead of 'leading from behind'.

CX

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheArrow

originally posted by: infinityorder

Jane Hartley was there on behalf of the United States, as she should be, since she is the ambassador to France, this is her job.

That was the one I was thinking of....cheers.

CX.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Holder was there, just wasn't in the march and we had an ambassador that did march.

America had a presence, it just wasn't barry.

I meant someone in the administration, someone much higher up the food chain than an ambassador.

They are basic level admin positions, not high profile actually " important" people.

At the minimum a cabinet level position or congressional leadership.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

So holder then.
He was there just not in the march.
Kerry was in India planning a trip for barry cause that is how it works when our pres travels, its not just hop on air force one and head out.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

And the point of that comment was just about an american presence.

The problem is it gives the impression that America doesn't care , as long as it doesn't happen on their soil.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Yeah we do owe the french.

The irony here of helping us win our revolution was one of the precursor's for theirs.

Beautiful isnt it, irony, the worlds best comedy.

They scratch our backs, we help return the favor, even though it wasnt their leaders who profited.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join