It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if the Governments of the world decided to stop funding terrorism.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Just a what if question.

We all know most terrorist organizations only exist due to being funded and/or protected by governments.

What if the Governments in this world decided to stop doing that. Take a moment to think about these questions.

What would happen?

Who would the new enemy become?

What would the war machines do?

How would the worlds economy be reshaped afterwards?

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Stuship

You're not the only one.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
The next boogey man will likely be coming from space.
Either an asteroid or an alien invasion, likely staged.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

There's a boogeyman everywhere. I armed myself already, so I'm not going to fear the unknown. I live my life the same as I always did. It's up to you now. I control me and you control yourself. Together we can make a different and it rubs off. It spreads like wildfires. We can peacefully co-exist and make changes for the better or become the demon. Feed the compassion or the cruelty. We see what both sides feed the most. I have to adapt to it. It's nothing personal.

This world is big enough for us all and if we could only work together in harmony, you shall see greatness. If we cannot do so, you'll see misery. No one wants misery.

You have nothing to fear but fear itself. I'll cross that bridge when and if it ever comes. If the government is down to using fake alien attacks, I know we already won. I hope they do. I'll do my part with a pitchfork. One of the angry mobs who want to know why they thought we were so stupid. Then the above can be realized and we prosper as a species. It'll be glorious!

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Hm... just for starters:

Some Saudis would need to find a new hobby.
Several western oligarchs and corporations would need new profit opportunities (or a new pretext for new wars).
A number of western politicians would probably need new oligarchs.
A lot of NATO soldiers would need new jobs.
The military industrial complex would need a new purpose.
The United States of America would need a new currency.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA

I armed myself already, so I'm not going to fear the unknown.

If you're armed, you already fear the unknown.

I haven't armed myself. I do not fear the unknown.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Governments (or religions, or most groups) will always find or create an enemy. They must do so to justify their existence.

Sometimes, they become an enemy by the essence of their existence, whereby they themselves then have an "enemy" or someone who they perceive threatens them.

By finding (and acting against) an "enemy" they become a terrorist to the "other."

Hence the cycle repeats.

:/ Alas
edit on 11-1-2015 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheArrow

I armed myself already, so I'm not going to fear the unknown.

If you're armed, you already fear the unknown.

I haven't armed myself. I do not fear the unknown.

There are known knowns in this neck of the woods.
I am armed because I'm not stupid.
I have no irrational fears.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I have no irrational fears.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I beg to differ.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TheArrow

A little bit of paranoia keeps you alive. I don't trust others to do it for me.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Not all terror is Funded by the Government. Look at Al-Qaida while OBl was alive.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

A little bit of paranoia keeps you alive. I don't trust others to do it for me.

Perhaps, but I'm doin' just fine.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Good to hear.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
All right. This is along the lines of "What if they held a war and no one showed up?"

What if they sent in that money and instead of buying tools for terrorism the terrorists used it instead to help their communities? Look at all the money that goes into that part of the world from oil. from drugs, from government aid, and from governments sponsoring terrorism. Now, look at how most of the common people there live.

What's the excuse for that?

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Samuraidragon

Follow the money.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
The CIA would get really bored. After all, they've been over-funding an archaic and proven failure of a policy, namely clandestine services, for ages now. What would they do with all of that money and time and nothing to do with it?

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Nirvana

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   

What if the Governments of the world decided to stop funding terrorism? Then the arms manufacturers, merchants, and dealers would do so. Or do they already? What do they do when a war ends? Cry poor poor me, or just facilitate the start of another? Some civil wars in Africa, the usual Middle East strife, religious turmoil..... there are arms bazaars all over the world, black market sales.... really, does anyone expect these companies to just sit still while people work for peace? Our own Pentagon is hand in hand with the defense industry as they continually overcharge us, the taxpayers, when they claim something will cost a certain amount and then sure enough, the price goes up, the delays cost money, the maintenance costs far more than projections.... if anyone here thinks Obamacare or Welfare is a scam, just take a closer look at the weapons industry and their perpetual cost overruns.
edit on 12-1-2015 by jaxnmarko because: adding the heading

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I agree 100% that governments need an enemy. It's any easy way to control the populaces of their country.

I think without terrorism there would be real wars. Terrorists are usually fighting proxy wars like in the middle east, or even Ukraine.

So if governments stopped funding the terrorists, what would they do? I think they fund the terrorists as a way to have controlled chaos, the crazies of their populace don't turn on them by constantly providing them an enemy.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: jaxnmarko

Exactly, real wars would begin. Huge wars, because economies can't change overnight.

Would we go immediately back into a cold war with Russia just so there could be a clear enemy? It seems like we are going that direction, since the terrorist activity isn't able to easily strike America.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join