It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Citizens accused of sabotaging NYPD vehicles. The most shocking and terrifying thing about it.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: defcon5
Most states have a "tools of burglary" law.
Its a very common “fishing” law.

Eg...
810.06 Possession of burglary tools.—Whoever has in his or her possession any tool, machine, or implement with intent to use the same, or allow the same to be used, to commit any burglary or trespass shall be guilty of a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

Bold section to point out that is why screwdrivers are not allowed to be carried around but removing a lug nut cannot help anyone commit "burglary or trespass".

I think the NYPD should just go through the regular law making process. The one that does not involve chiefs making *snip* up willy-nilly.
edit on 11-1-2015 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Bananas should also definitely go on the list!

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
There's going to be a ton of taxi drivers being taken in and questioned. It's New York... How many average citizens drive their own car there? Two... Three??

But seriously. This is a blanket accusation that is going to help them take in almost anybody they need for almost any reason they need. Who the hell doesn't have this stuff in their car?? Both of my cars have 2 sets just in case.

It sounds insane because it is. They know what they are doing, and they are going to get away with it just like they do every other time they decide idiocy is the soup de jour.

Loved that, hilarious..I can just see Danny De Vito running like feck up the road with a spanner as big as he is!

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Imagine a tire coming off at 15 -20 mph.
The carnage! The horror!
You can't go any faster than that in NY from one stop light to the next.
Tampering with windshield wipers too?
What's next - - Ben Gay on door handles?
There will be blood!!

Sounds kinda flakey to me.
Hard to tamper with a police car without somebody noticing.
Easy story to fabricate for sympathy however.

Exactly. How often do you run across an empty police car? I have never seen an unattended patrol car. So, yes, it's flakey at best; corrupt (as usual) at least.

And to the poster presenting the possibility of "intent" ... how do you prove "intent"...
I suspect, if the officer claims "intent" then there's intent... what a crock!

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven

The carnage! The horror!
There will be blood!!

Exactly. How often do you run across an empty police car? I have never seen an unattended patrol car. So, yes, it's flakey at best; corrupt (as usual) at least.

And to the poster presenting the possibility of "intent" ... how do you prove "intent"...
I suspect, if the officer claims "intent" then there's intent... what a crock!

Yes, but but..there has to be reasonable suspicion first of all

files.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 11-1-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I find this both sad and a bit funny all at the same time.

Though I will point out that the "source" isn't exactly a middle of the road site, and citing a memo without any sort of validation or explanation in regards to the memo is a bit odd.

"Anonymous sources" and such, I'm sure

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
To take a page out of the gun rights advocacy playbook: Lug wrenches don't loosen lug nuts, people do!

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I guess having fingers will be suspicious next.
They can poke an eye.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

I find the increased oppositional stance taken by the NYPD against the citizens of NYC and it's civil administration to be both troubling and completely expected.

Police union pushes for cop killings to be included in federal hate crimes law

We can expect more, not less animosity to be expressed by all organized public sector unions.

I do not believe that such behavior would be forthcoming if police were individual employees and were not unduly influenced by their incredibly corrupt public sector union.

The NYPD Tapes: A Shocking Story of Cops, Cover-ups, and Courage
edit on 11-1-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Ever get the feeling that New York is some sort of testing ground? Just to see how the masses will react to draconian BS?

New York is a blue nanny state paradise. This is how they want it.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Hee hee. Terror-nanners.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

The carnage! The horror!
There will be blood!!

Wow, let's hope these terrorists don't figure out how to change the shift links on transmissions. You know switch reverse and drive.

Scary stuff.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
I find this both sad and a bit funny all at the same time.

Though I will point out that the "source" isn't exactly a middle of the road site, and citing a memo without any sort of validation or explanation in regards to the memo is a bit odd.

"Anonymous sources" and such, I'm sure

Well to be sure an ultra conservative site is making use of it as well as they published this,

and just to be certain about these things, your Irishness won't save you either,

Anyway, does it not make sense to put a few locking nuts on a police vehicle, just to be sure to be sure?

edit on 11-1-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   
*sigh*
I remember when it was America the Brave...now it's just 'Murica.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

You're misrepresenting the point.

The story, surprisingly, includes the point that people have to be in the vicinity of a police care, in the possession of said tools, to be detained for questioning. And it's questioning...they're not being arrested, they're not being locked up (unless there is just cause, of course, which would be hard to prove).

What all you people who think sabotage like this--if it's really happening--is nothing to care about don't realize is that it's a form of psychological warfare. You mess with simple things, like a tire's lugnuts or their windshield wipers, and it creates the unknown variable of 'what else has been messed with?' It creates uncertainty in the LEOs and reduces confidence in their equipment.

This is the type of petty # that immature exes do after a break-up--the only difference is that two of their family members weren't murdered in cold blood a few weeks prior. You all seem to have a case of willful amnesia to events that occur that create "the big picture," and posts like this blatantly ignore the big picture. You're piecemealing your points to try and make it seem like there's some nefarious larger plan to dupe the public into becoming slaves to the state.

While often times I do see indications of that, the recent measures being taken by the NYPD in light of what is happening in the big picture are neither out of context nor overreactions. You don't have to like them, but you can't play ignorant to everything that has happened in order to argue for some ideologically driven point.

If what they claim is happening truly is (lugnuts and whatnot), this is a form of vandalism at the least, and certainly should be pursued in order to stop it.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

One of my all-time favs. Well played.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: IamAbeliever

Actually your wrong. It's harder to control smaller groups because there's more individual responsability.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I'm glad that I put a smile on your face!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join