It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Citizens accused of sabotaging NYPD vehicles. The most shocking and terrifying thing about it.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
link to source

The NYPD is in the headlines again. They claim to be the targets of a coordinated string of vehicle sabotage "attacks". According to the report, lug nuts of vehicles are being loosened. Actors allegedly target both personal vehicles and cruisers parked in certain spots marked for police.

Shocking:
Who knows who is doing this but there's a larger question. How does anyone believe the integrity of LEO's to investigate crimes involving them? The NYPD gets sued by citizens an average of 30/day 365 days a year. Are they that clueless or are they screwing with you? Take some time to ponder that one.

On to terrifying:

Any person found in possession of any tools that would facilitate the removal of lug nuts should be detained for questioning

Nope. they are definitely screwing with you. I swear I checked the Onion on that one.

Really America?

edit on 11-1-2015 by InverseLookingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

But...

Don't almost all cars have such tools? You know, for changing tires?

Wtf...

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

So will anyone carrying around a socket wrench with a lug nut compatible size be arrested for...........hmmmm having a hard time wrapping my head around this one.

"Lug Nut Wrenches, the new tool of terrorism?".

edit on 11-1-2015 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-1-2015 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

This past Tuesday, around 8 P.M. an NYPD officer noticed that his windshield wipers had been tampered with

Oh, how heinous.

Give me a break.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

But...

Don't almost all cars have such tools? You know, for changing tires?

Wtf...

So by being in possession of tools to fix a flat tire on my own personal vehicle, that gives them the right to detain me for questioning? God bless America! (End sarcasm)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
That's them Duke boys at it again!

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Ever get the feeling that New York is some sort of testing ground? Just to see how the masses will react to draconian BS?

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Absolutely. If you can control the masses in a city the size of New York, well, then you can do it just about anywhere.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
There's going to be a ton of taxi drivers being taken in and questioned. It's New York... How many average citizens drive their own car there? Two... Three??

But seriously. This is a blanket accusation that is going to help them take in almost anybody they need for almost any reason they need. Who the hell doesn't have this stuff in their car?? Both of my cars have 2 sets just in case.

It sounds insane because it is. They know what they are doing, and they are going to get away with it just like they do every other time they decide idiocy is the soup de jour.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
But they're only doing the bare minimum for work... or did they realize how deeply they buried themselves in poo over that one? This one won't fare any better.
edit on 1/11/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: IamAbeliever
a reply to: DAVID64

Absolutely. If you can control the masses in a city the size of New York, well, then you can do it just about anywhere.

Actually Agenda 21 is designed to push people into cities because everyone is concentrated into a small area and easier to control!

I'll take country living and the freedom of hiding out in the country over the surveillance of city folk any day....

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Imagine a tire coming off at 15 -20 mph.
The carnage! The horror!
You can't go any faster than that in NY from one stop light to the next.
Tampering with windshield wipers too?
What's next - - Ben Gay on door handles?
There will be blood!!

Sounds kinda flakey to me.
Hard to tamper with a police car without somebody noticing.
Easy story to fabricate for sympathy however.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Most states have a "tools of burglary" law.
Its a very common “fishing” law.

Eg...

810.06 Possession of burglary tools.—Whoever has in his or her possession any tool, machine, or implement with intent to use the same, or allow the same to be used, to commit any burglary or trespass shall be guilty of a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

edit on 1/11/2015 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

After the incident, the police department sent out a memo to all officers warning them to be on the lookout for suspicious people hanging out near police vehicles. If anyone is found near a police car with tools, they can run the risk of being arrested.

The memo said that “Any person found in possession of any tools that would facilitate the removal of lug nuts should be detained for questioning.”

Read more at thefreethoughtproject.com...

The ALLEGED MEMO. Show us this memo. Does this memo really exist? Those words appear nowhere else on the interwebs than in this blog or whatever the hell it is.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Screwdrivers will be next. They can be used to pop tires.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
how about putting smiley face stickers on the windscreens now that would be a real crime

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: IamAbeliever

Wrong!

Some sheep in NY. may obey, but it doesn't happen in rural America.

And there's millions of acres of rural America. Don't bring trouble where there ain't none. You wont fare well.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23
Screwdrivers are considers 'tools of burglary' already, they have been for years.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Ironic if it was the local mechanic or tow/haul companies behind this terrorism, lol.

Imo, they kinda have it coming. The nypd that is

I carry a jack, crossbar, and three sockets set in my truck 24/7
edit on 11-1-2015 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Only in America.

I guess all the trades people have to resort to Nerf Tools now in order to keep everyone safe and not get shot on site.

Idiots.

Peace

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join