It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enough with the morbidity-I want to see some positivity!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Greetings to you all.

I'm sure that many of you are still desperately trying to jump on the terrorist bandwagon before it leaves for greener pastures-it seems that everyone-including myself-has shared an opinion on current events and to be brutally honest I've read enough; There is a time and a place for such discussions and they do not need to be rehashed over and over again and it seems that every second thread has something to do with current events that have already been covered.

So in a desperate attempt to add some positivity to an increasingly morbid forum, I ask you to post something positive; it doesn't matter whether it was something you witnessed or something you did-If you saw a young man open a door for an elderly lady-Tell us! if your son mowed your neighbors lawn for pocket money-tell us! Not every second thread needs to about terrorism just because terrorism is the trending topic.

I'll start with a tale of my own-I cooked A lasagne and offered a portion to my neighbor; I apologized that there was not enough meat but he didn't mind and neither did I-as long as he was happy I couldn't care less.

Please share your tales of kind heartedness because in times like these we need them more than ever.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie
I leave Africa to go home in 20 days. Get to see my wife and daughter again after 9 months. All I got right now haha

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I picked a couple up walking in the cold and gave them a ride a few miles to the bus stop.
It was a little out of my way, but their obvious gratitude was fair reward.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
But this is ATS, not facebook. We have to keep all options open and examine all perspectives. Oh, maybe I have the wrong outlook of this site though.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Obtained a new ball and gave it to the kids that play football ( soccer ) in the street near the coffeeshop I go to in the afternoon while taking care of few real world matters in "civilisation" .. theyre quite happy as the one they were using was beyond well worn ..

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I saw a lady in the line of a gas station last week with 5 kids in tow. She was counting out change on the counter by the register. I asked her how much she was short and she said that she's counting out change to put gas in her car. I gave her a 5 and have a nice day.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
Greetings to you all.

I'm sure that many of you are still desperately trying to jump on the terrorist bandwagon before it leaves for greener pastures-it seems that everyone-including myself-has shared an opinion on current events and to be brutally honest I've read enough; There is a time and a place for such discussions and they do not need to be rehashed over and over again and it seems that every second thread has something to do with current events that have already been covered.

So in a desperate attempt to add some positivity to an increasingly morbid forum, I ask you to post something positive; it doesn't matter whether it was something you witnessed or something you did-If you saw a young man open a door for an elderly lady-Tell us! if your son mowed your neighbors lawn for pocket money-tell us! Not every second thread needs to about terrorism just because terrorism is the trending topic.

I'll start with a tale of my own-I cooked A lasagne and offered a portion to my neighbor; I apologized that there was not enough meat but he didn't mind and neither did I-as long as he was happy I couldn't care less.

Please share your tales of kind heartedness because in times like these we need them more than ever.

Yeah!!

I agree with you, we need more positive tales and energy around not just here but also society. This is a place I am coming to. After having studied history, conspiracies, politics for a while, I got really angry, sad, dark, disillusioned.

It's important to educate ourselves, but at some point we need to bring light and love too.

My story for the week. I live in Bed-stuy, the neighborhood where those two cops were shot in Brooklyn. There also is a lot of racial tension here, poverty, and so on.

I've been really trying to make local friends at my YMCA here, on the street, and with some homeless people that hang out on my block. A lot of positive connections. Been really trying to buy local, get my haircut here, go to local bars, etc, so it helps the local poverty-stricken economy.

That's my little positive story.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

But in all honesty and no disrespect to ATS or its awesome members what difference does ATS and pointing out all these perspectives do? It seems like all the knowledge that comes here usually dies here. So I can see the need for some positive stories every now and again. That's me though.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: WanderingSage

But in all honesty and no disrespect to ATS or its awesome members what difference does ATS and pointing out all these perspectives do? It seems like all the knowledge that comes here usually dies here. So I can see the need for some positive stories every now and again. That's me though.

We definitely need some positive stories. We also need to know that there is bad out there and learn how to identify what is bad. Because perception of good and bad varies so much in this world, we need to try to understand why some people consider things bad that we personally don't. It would also help if they understood how we perceive things also so we can get along better even though our beliefs differ so much.

Some things are bad no matter what the perspective. Killing innocent people or people who are no threat to you is bad. Just because people see things a different way does not justify them killing one another over these differences. And of course, there are those who like to cause chaos and negatively effect others life, it is good to know that these people exist and what drives their lives so we can be on guard for them. Fear nothing but at the same time be aware that there is a problem that needs to be addressed and not ignored.

It is good to discuss these things here even though others in our society may feel it is a waste of time and label us as conspiracy theorists. Most of us here, except Bernie, are just more aware of what is going on around us and trying to find out more about it.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Ahhh.. but bernies always good for a few laughs when he appears ..

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
There was a young couple at the gas station, she was obviously pregnant and he was leaning in the window while they discussed how much gas to put in their truck, because they had to get groceries and were pretty short on money, but he had to have gas to get to work. Since they were right next to me, I couldn't help over hearing and felt bad, because I've been there and hated to see a couple, just starting out, with a baby on the way, struggling to make that choice. Long story short, I filled their truck up for them and told them to pay it forward. They tried to get my name and address so they could send the money back and the young lady was actually crying a bit. I'm not rich by any means, but $50 in gas to help them out was well worth it.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
But the real question is what do we do with this awareness? I mean how many of us take to the streets with what we know? Or post what we find all over FB? I don't. Reason being is I'll get kicked out of the Army and I can't afford to get out yet. Other people have their reasons as well. I'm not trying to diminish what is done here, but I am finding it harder and harder to see the point lately. No matter what we read on here we're still just reading. We are aware sheep being led down the road. Which to me is starting to seem worse. I get the perception thing, but my thing is if we care so much on ATS then why do most of us ignore it everywhere else.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: WanderingSage
But the real question is what do we do with this awareness? I mean how many of us take to the streets with what we know? Or post what we find all over FB? I don't. Reason being is I'll get kicked out of the Army and I can't afford to get out yet. Other people have their reasons as well. I'm not trying to diminish what is done here, but I am finding it harder and harder to see the point lately. No matter what we read on here we're still just reading. We are aware sheep being led down the road. Which to me is starting to seem worse. I get the perception thing, but my thing is if we care so much on ATS then why do most of us ignore it everywhere else.

Well think of it this way, we cannot convince anyone if they think we are crazy. It is about learning of things and then slowly changing the world's perception from multiple points. The problem is that the people presently running things have more resources than us and can keep the propaganda going.

new topics

top topics

join