It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dave Grohl's Birthday Club Show with Diamond Dave Lee Roth and Friends...1/10/15

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Dave Grohl's upcoming 46th birthday was marked with a small bash at The Forum in L.A , amongst the thousands of well wishers were a few special guests such as Paul Stanley , Tenacious D , Slash , and Alice Cooper among others .... sounds like a fun party.

I have much respect for Dave Grohl not least because people used to say I looked like him back in the Nirvana days , as I was also a drummer it didn't hurt with the ladies if ya know what I mean.

Anyhow here he is rocking the house with Diamond Dave performing Panama and Ain't Talkin 'bout Love.

And with Alice Cooper performing School's Out and I'm Eighteen.

Here with Zakk Wylde performing Sabbaths NIB

And last but not least Tenacious D and Slash performing Queen's Tie Your Mother Down’.

Happy Birthday Dave , Thanks for the memories

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Thanks for putting those up!
I just read about it and can't wait to watch them with my gf. She's a HUGE Grohl fan which makes me one by default. I was the perfect age when hair metal gave way to "grunge" and the alternative became the mainstream. I caught all of the big acts live except Nirvana.

Grohl is one of the few to keep that spirit alive. I want to get a definitive version of his HBO series complete with the hours of outtakes. He has hundreds of hours of interviews just talking shop with musicians.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

To go from the drummer in one of the biggest bands on the planet to the frontman of another of the biggest bands on the planet is some achievement in my eyes , I've seen the Foo's a few times and each performance they delivered perfection.
I'm convinced Taylor Hawkins is Animal from the Muppets , great drummer.

It's also great to see Diamond Dave performing and the smiles on everyone's faces having him there , I saw Van Halen in the 80s and he was an absolute dynamo , a consummate performer.

edit on 11-1-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Much agreed. As great as Cobain was, Grohl would have been in his shadow.
Dave was a rock star. Is a rock star. He knows it. The guy can entertain.

This reminds me of David Bowie's birthday bash in MSG a few years ago. So many people on stage. This is what rock should be. Music and musicians having a blast entertaining.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Holy Chao, Zack can rip! I would have loved to be at the after-party.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Thanks for the post!!! Those guys were having a blast. What a tough job to have.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Every time I see Dave Grohl, he reminds me of someone. Can you guess who this other guy is?

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

O yeah, what a line up... with David Lee Roth among the guests that must have been an interesting after-party. Diamond Dave does not look like the spandex homo-magnet he used to. That part I did not uderstand anyways... according to insider stories he was the one with the insatiable appetite for women of all size and colors.

Anyways .. great post and will watch every YT upload.

SnF!! ♫♪♫
edit on 11/1/2015 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Could the handsome fellow above Dave be your good self perchance ?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Nope. Bob Seger, way back when.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
One of the bands I would love to see live... FF rocks...

This birthday bash looked epic!!

Here's the opener with Paul Stanley rocking my favorite KISS track..

Graphic Language Disclaimer

Thanks for the heads up gortex

top topics

join