It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So Much Hate....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I've been a member for almost 6 years, and lurked quite awhile before thatI, and yes - things have changed a bit. I have relatively thin skin, lol. Ever so often I would get upset about some of the threads and swear that I am going to quit coming here. I always come back, because I want to KNOW. I just try to stay away from the threads that start off with hate.

It really saddens me that people can be so cruel because of a book, skin color, or the place they were born. I used to explain to my kids about skin color by comparing us to dogs. There are many different breeds, colors, and sizes for humans too. And, like mutts, we have a little bit of everything in us. No one can say that they are 100% anything.

I'm not perfect by any stretch of the imagination. However, I do try to be the best dang human I can possibly be. Unfortunately being human can really make me ashamed sometimes.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I have lost count now of the number of posts I have had to write in the last few days justifying why I don't "hate" different groups in society, why I don't view one man's religious beliefs as "evil" or as a "cancer" on society.

Do you imagine a man that uses (or truly believes) religion as a tool to bring terror to others?

You know what I hate?

Murderous f's....rapists...greedy bastards that suck, like leeches, off others...child molesters....terrorists.
I can't "not hate" because hate come naturally when I see the damage done by the dredges of our world.

....it only makes me want to kill them.

There is no other way to be sure!

You know what else I hate? (I know, you didn't ask...but it's the rant forum so hell with it, I'm rolling)

I hate those who attempt to apologize for or sympathize with those who do the things that I hate the aforementioned for. It's sickening and I WILL call it out, when I can...and when I come to HATE it enough.

Thing is, many ask, "what is it like to live "hating".....Who is to say one has to live only to hate, to hate? I don't do that.
I enjoy what I can in life. That's the thing though...I HATE the aforementioned because for others, just like me and you and all the rest of us that just want to live a full life, our lives are often destroyed by those scum of the Earth, oxygen thieving *self snip*.....and until it is figured out how to eliminate those dredges of society with harming innocent lives (not happening any time soon, sadly) then I suppose I'll just keep on hatin'.

I however, will not generalize entire groups of people because of the actions of segments of people deemed "the same" as them.....in any capacity.

ETA:.....the more we allow the haters (as spoke of by the OP) and the scum (as I speak of above) to have a platform, to be given a place where the "haters" (as spoke of by Other) can come to apologize for them or trying to "rationalize and justify" their actions...to tell those of us that wish to eliminate them that we are "more wrong" or "just as bad" as the scum (child molesters, etc) then it is only going to get worse....

When we do nothing to combat evil, it IS cancerous, it IS a threat....and if WE don't stop it, somehow, some way, then I guess we just get what we get and it is what it is....I however, hope not to be here to see it, as I hope if it comes to that, that said "evil forces" will know me to be a "thorn" and I will have perished before it all goes to complete [insert armageddon movie title to imagine] type s.......

...I don't like the direction this world is (and has been) heading......it seems to be my worst fears about the direction our world could take (probably inspired by the visions of earlier visionaries in many ways, I suppose) are coming to pass, in slow motion.

edit on 11-1-2015 by Jakal26 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Hate is a good thing! It is much like pain. Sure...no one WANTS to feel pain, but pain is there to tell you that something is wrong. Something or some part of you is in extreme and immediate danger and you need to do something about it NOW! Hate is very much the same, but about the conditions of the world around you. That is...assuming it is directed correctly.

We should hate murderers, terrorists and individuals who mean us harm. That hate tells us to act NOW! To fix something that can and will damage us if we don't. Misplaced hate, however...that is a problem. But how much hate is truly misplaced? Racism for the sake and by definition of "believing you are superior to another group based upon skin color" is hate and misplaced. But if someone's personal experience is "everytime I encounter a black person, I get beat up" isn't hate...it is experience.

Our experience with murderers, terrorists...politicians...that is well placed hate. As long as hate for a person or group is based upon what they do and experience, I don't consider that a bad thing. No more than my dislike for pain when I touch something hot. That pain makes me recoil my hand and save it from being destroyed. If my hate does the same...I welcome it.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
The other way to look at it, as long as we are talking to each other, we aren't killing each other. Like any other family.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join