It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German tabloid that reprinted cartoons from the French satirical paper Charlie Hebdo Firebombed

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Meh.. idiots .. at a time when people should be working on lowering tensions they instead add fuel to the fire.. bloody brilliant ..

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: caladonea

Thanks.

I—and many of us—also want people to be safe. But at what point do we trade—and how much—of our lifestyles and values for—and for how much—"safety"?

See also my signature.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

Something somewhere will always offend someone, some more than others.

The reaction to it, however, can not always be known or prevented.

And we can never stop everything that might offend someone, just as we can never know what the reaction will be—if any.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

When it comes to extremists the outcome is very predictable .. and knowing that people still insist upon being idiots to further fan the flames of hate ..

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: caladonea

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

When is a 'good' time?

Next week?

Next month?

Next year?

I think they should be printed daily. Screw the crazies. Let them try to firebomb every publication on the planet.

So...it is ok with you if more people die because of those cartoons and freedom of the press?

They will be killed because of nutjobs, not from practicing god given rights.

Blame the guilty....not the innocent.

The nutjobs doing the killing are guilty.

Bowing to their demands will only embolden them.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

Don't know about you, but don't want to live in a world where killing to get what you wanted is treated with positive reinforcement. Yes what was done was stupid, BUT the reaction was not only worse it went far beyond the pale. Yes how terrorists will react is obvious, and getting people like you to fear them so much we do everything we can to make them happy so they might not overreact in a psychotic matter is exactly what they want. The entire point of terrorism is to control through fear. Only way it works, is if we submit to that fear.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: KingIcarus
They can huff, and they can puff - but they'll never blow the house down.

Ordinary Muslims (with our support) will defeat organised extemism eventually. Extremists act out because they know it's a war they can't win. It really is as simple as that. They're outnumbered thousands to one.

(fruit juice for the Muslims, of course.
)

Booo Booo hisssss. For your politically correct and head in the clouds reply. Ordinary Muslims aren't trying to defeat extremism, they may give some lip service to it.....but where's the action?

The only reason the entire middle east isn't a cauldron of Islamic extremism is because we, in the west, prop up monarchies and dictatorships over there. The whole "Arab Spring" what a joke. The Egyptian military had to step in to prevent that country from becoming a theocracy. All the other "spring" countries are now dealing with extremist groups.

Ordinary Muslims just don't have the will to do what has to be done. And the extremists aren't a small number, they are an actual army.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: infinityorder

Please read through all my replies in this thread...I hope then it will make sense...peace out.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Thats why theres units like the s.a.s .. gsg9 ... delta .. you send them to eliminate the fanatics once identified .. you dont do idiotic actions to further inflame hate . The other thing to be done is open up dialogue to solve the problems in a more civilised manner along with properly educate people so that they dont become extremists or hate filled bigots..

Seen and experienced far more war and death in my lifetime than most people.. I dont fear it nor do I fear death .. had many try and kill me over the years .. they arent around to take anymore lives. Still atoning for what I once was .. and once did..

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Put them to death.

originally posted by: infolurker

Two people were detained,

edit on 11-1-2015 by Asynchrony because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

So...it is ok with you if more people die because of those cartoons and freedom of the press?

If it is not cartoons it will be something else. They are radicals and will not stop until their perverse flavor if Islam is the rule and law for the entirety of the human population.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Take a good look at your post. Find the important word there.

If you stop reprinting these cartoons. You are only paying lip service to that word and no longer really have it any longer.

Those who surrender their liberty for safety and security no longer deserve their either.

(post by YummyYum21 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
Au contraire my friend.....
Those cartoons should be reprinted in EVERY newspaper in the world.......bar none....
I disagree..it was tasteless,insensitive and many other things to have them printed in the first place,with freedom of expression comes responsibility and discipline,which were disregarded in the initial publishing.

There should have been measures taken by the French gov to set an example and penalize the editors, just as we are expecting decent Moslems to condemn this attack.

I must say this is a tragedy and respects to those who lost their lives and their loved ones..but..the killing of innocents has been perpetrated by the western alliances for centuries at home and abroad and here most people are still buying the propaganda, it needs to be realized that these nutters are inspired by the incessant bombardments on their own countries by the west (in which the west is even funding the terrorists)

There may well be more attacks ALLOWED TO HAPPEN as it suits the agenda of the elites and my personal view is that we are witnessing the very early stages of the implementation of Marshall law as the public will need controlling once planet x's imminent arrival is announced:
poleshift.ning.com...

One last thing, that may sound hard to hear..but the western civilian populace is reaping its lack of action and gullibility for not ousting their controllers, people need to wake up to the truth before they drag the rest down and hand away further liberties..

I'm not Moslem btw..

edit on 11-1-2015 by EndOfDays77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: EndOfDays77

There should have been measures taken by the French gov to set an example and penalize the editors, just as we are expecting decent Moslems to condemn this attack.

So you are all for the government suppressing freedom of the press and free speech to appease radicals?

You know, the terrorists win when people start thinking like you.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

a reply to: infinityorder

Please read through all my replies in this thread...I hope then it will make sense...peace out.

But it doesnt make any sense. If you give in to their demands even once, more demands of appeasement will follow......until we allow sharia law, and we are forcefully converted to islam.

Short pf this, they will not allow, so allow them anything?

They can come to texas, we can talk about it, I even speak their language, I have many of guns and friends too.

I will solve their problems for them, in the only language they speak.
edit on 11-1-2015 by infinityorder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: YummyYum21

They really are a stupid people, arent they? Uneducated, filthy, unintelligent, smelly, like poop. Intollerable. Why do they want us other advanced races to lift them above their inferior capacities? Genocide really is a great thing. Too bad America can't gather the balls to eliminate this subspecies off our planet, eliminating the threat permanently. In fact, why do the users of this board create so much threads about these people? It's like an encouragement for retards to continue their chimp-acts.

This is not a race issue ... Your post is disgusting.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: EndOfDays77

So you are all for the government suppressing freedom of the press and free speech to appease radicals?

You know, the terrorists win when people start thinking like you.

I agee fully.

Wtf shpuld we restrict our god given rights to appease some idiots in the biggest pos countries on earth.

Their entire culture is a fail....I know lets these idiots decide how how obviously successful cultures the world should act, whats the worst that could happen, we could all live like them, women stoned to death for learning to read. I mran honestly, it isnt like they are men or somthing, they cant even think for themselves......

How can these people even live like that?

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
a reply to: Puppylove

Thats why theres units like the s.a.s .. gsg9 ... delta .. you send them to eliminate the fanatics once identified .. you dont do idiotic actions to further inflame hate . The other thing to be done is open up dialogue to solve the problems in a more civilised manner along with properly educate people so that they dont become extremists or hate filled bigots..

Seen and experienced far more war and death in my lifetime than most people.. I dont fear it nor do I fear death .. had many try and kill me over the years .. they arent around to take anymore lives. Still atoning for what I once was .. and once did..

i hear what you are saying ...but what do we do in the meantime whilst trying to educate the extremists ?

a zero tolerance of this behavior is a way forward......if we let them get away with this what will be next ...supermarkets being bombed for selling bacon ?

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Here's the problem.

It is not the message in the cartoons I defend. Those are disgusting as are the cartoons Charlie Hebdo published about all other religions. They show a general lack of respect.

What I despise is the idea that if we somehow stop printing cartoons that offend Islamic sensibilities, Muslims will stop hating and killing people who are not Muslim. This is false. They will simply move on to the next thing we do that offends them and their tender sensibilities and hate and kill us until we gain greater sensitivity, understand them and start behaving as they want us to. Pretty soon, we are living exactly as they desire and we wonder where our freedoms went.

Good grief! We sound like a bunch of battered women. "If I just stop acting like that and don't make him mad, he won't hit me anymore ..."
edit on 11-1-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join