It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2015 Ignorance Denied Banner [and Avatar] Contest **WINNERS ANNOUNCED**

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Zarniwoop

Great idea!! I also like the fact that you made the avatar and the banner!!

Three pages back I thought we had reached the limit of what was possible with this theme but somehow people still come up with new designs. Talk about the power of collaboration..

Peace

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Zarniwoop

Too funny!!

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   
An idea, but I don't do photoshop (maximus computerus ignoramus), so I'll describe it and maybe one of the creative folk here can create one or more of these and expand on it. If you do, thanks in advance (money being shipped to you on a slow boat to and from China).

Remember how Greenpeace used to hang banners on things? I picture very large banners saying "Deny Ignorance" hanging from the U.S. Capitol Building, Great Britain's Parliament building, 10 Downing Street, the White House, the Kremlin, and, for varied conspiracy buffs, from the Texas School Book Depository Building, the U.S. National Archives building, etc. etc.

etc.

(or any one or two of the above, I don't mean all of them. That would be a series, like a commemorative stamp series, and would give people the willies)

edit on 26-1-2015 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I'm still in here...I have never created a banner...
The sizing is difficult. I'll keep working on it...
There's some really nice work by everyone!

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Aleister
Lol...for a second there I thought you were suggesting to actually put up real banners on building!
(Didn't read the photoshop part)

I could already see the headlines...

Peace

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Ektar

Hey Ektar, it's good to see you!!

Don't worry about the banners, I find their size also impossible to work with. Fortunately this contest also includes avatars so maybe you can work on some of those..

Peace

edit on 2015pAmerica/ChicagoMon, 26 Jan 2015 11:50:58 -0600am315020151 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

Very clever mate

Do you ever run out of ideas ?

Cody

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ektar
I'm still in here...I have never created a banner...
The sizing is difficult. I'll keep working on it...
There's some really nice work by everyone!

Cheers
Ektar

Hi Ektar always a pleasure to see you mate

Cody

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: cody599
Hey...it was Aleister's idea, I just read it wrong.

I really thought for a second there that we should get out there, hang banners on stuff and take a selfie...

(come to think of it.....not a bad idea really)

Peace

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

A cousin and I once removed a EU flag flying in the town I was born in, and replaced it with the Cornish flag. Went down a treat with the locals, they loved it.

As a Cornishman I enjoy a minority status over here, not that I have a clue how that effects me LOL

Cody

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

im a minority. There aren't many Hungarians in Texas. LOL

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

LMAO

Jeez BFFT your gene pool is more chequered than the world chess championships LOL

From Hungary to the Congo with some native American thrown in.

Your kids must be really confused. It's OK uncle Cody is here

Cody

edit on 26/1/15 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

lol myself, beautiful pics (much better than I imagined - love the old timey look of the white house police looking up at the banner in befuddlement).

No, never thought of actually hanging banners, but really not a bad idea as long as it's not harming anyone or breaking laws. Greenpeace seemed to be doing it for a long time, haven't seen one of theirs lately. I heard from an activist who used to work for another group that sometimes (in the past, don't know about now) someone would arrange a march or an outdoor rally and then Greenpeace people would come in with their banners, display them near or on the front area of the event (or actually march at the front - shades of Jesse Jackson), to make people think it was a Greenpeace event. Cheap at the price I guess.

But yes, very good work, and the pics and writing both made me lol. Cool.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Oh, you should hear the jokes in our house. Especially the youngest, who is half me, and half his mom. But he identifies completely as anglo. I am more latin than he is, with my pasty self. I can at least make it through the language and cook the food.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Wanted to try a puzzle ball.... (empty ball as a shadow which represent ignorance and when the "pieces fall into place" it reads our motto, yeah I'm really scraping the bottom of the barrel here..lol )

I'm actually most pleased with the little puzzle piece that fell out.

Peace

ETA: I'll call this piece "Official Entry nr.3"
edit on 2015pAmerica/ChicagoTue, 27 Jan 2015 14:00:23 -0600pm310020151 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

What about ignorance trying to get into a cool club, with a bouncer denying? Big ugly guy?

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

great idea

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Official Entry #1

edit on 27-1-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamschist

What about ignorance trying to get into a cool club, with a bouncer denying? Big ugly guy?

I like that idea!!

Something like..

(Can you guess which moderator is on bounch-duty? Lol )

Peace
edit on 2015pAmerica/ChicagoTue, 27 Jan 2015 23:21:05 -0600pm312120151 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

That is awesome!! I wish I knew how to do the animated designs. Got to look into that...

Peace

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join