It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are citizen of the world, 3.3 million people in the street in France

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
a reply to: ausername

I have been avoiding bringing up that quote.

The fact that you would avoid it when it is extremely relevant is interesting.

In the minds of Islamic jihadists, especially extremists those words are a call to action. Could have added to the environment where it would be acceptable to target, oh, say some French paper's authors, artists and staff for making fun of the prophet?

Along with his absence, it does leave one wondering...

Never be afraid of the truth Stormdancer.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Anyone know what the large white puppet in the crowd is?

I think that will be David Cameron

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: fenian8

bwahaha beaten to it

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: fenian8

lol

seriously though

edit on 113131p://bSunday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Exitt
I think it's very nice when people gather for a common cause ....just wondering where were these 2 million on September eleven/twelve (even thirteen/fourteen) ?

Building bunkers in the back garden
edit on 11-1-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I have mixed feelings on this. I don't live in France so I may be off the mark.

While it appears to be a good thing all these folks showing up for whatever positive reasons they feel, history tells us it will be short lived. A march down the street does little other than give people a temporary outlet, no matter how well meaning.

Honestly, what will it solve? The people who perpetrated the attacks don't care one bit. They know full well those participating will soon tire and wander back from whence they came. The masses will not discern anything and soon forget. Soon they will demand "safety" and the goal will be achieved. Yeah, that comes off as pessimistic I know.

As far as NY getting his mug among the crowd splashed across the media, it works well for him. He has clearly demonstrated he does not care about anything but the goals for those he serves in the Likud and their supporters. If his state were secure he could care less if France burned to the ground. Again, pessimistic I know.

I simply have a hard time getting all Kum-by-ya over this. The last 15-20 years does not supply any evidence this approach yields anything of value to humanity. If the people in France gain some kind of closure or whatever from it, great. Have at it. Nothing wrong there. But past that?

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

originally posted by: Dimithae
a reply to: elevenaugust

I am astounded to see so many people up and supporting a cause. I can't help but see this and wonder what is wrong with America that you can't get the people up to protest and protect their rights and constitution if people in other countries can come together like this as a show of force.It can't be just a matter of we are all fat and happy.There has to be more to it. They too in other countries have the same modern conveniences that we do,yet they get out in the street and let others know how they feel.This only leads me to wonder what exactly is wrong in this country? I think this goes even beyond complacency. This has to be apathy in its worst form. If that is the case,what does it take to jolt people out of their apathy?

Has America become a country of cowards?

300 million people in the US and you would never see that many stand against anything all at once.

Sad really. The Nation that claims they fight for it won't exercise it.

Peace

Of those 300 million, 99.999% would get snacks, turn on cable news, or internet live streams to watch it from the comfort of their homes.... Then speculate, and wonder why so few showed up.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Not having the US president, THE leader of the FREE world there, leading the march with other leaders of the world was a monumental mistake.

A missed opportunity that can NEVER again be duplicated.

Too bad. But entirely expected, predictable, unfortunate and incredibly illuminating....
edit on 11-1-2015 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: xavi1000

originally posted by: ausername

Bigger question is...

Where is president Obama?

All of those leaders there, and the leader of the free world is not?

Hawai, playing golf.

That's some round of Golf, He's been there for a fortnight, must be stuck in a Bunker. A nuclear Bunker the big bag o ####.
edit on 11-1-2015 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
First off glad to see the people rally..

Second: Wtf does the actions of Americans have to do with this... If your brain is that stunted think back to 9/11 there were large gatherings of all colors,and faiths, and political leanings there.

So how about we lay off America and instead watch the French, and enjoy seeing them rally around the flag and their people that were killed or traumatized.

While your at it sends some prayers to the people that were victims.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
If only they showed such solidarity when it come to protesting the corrupt western governments who while colluding with criminal international banks destroyed our economies and stole our livelihoods.

Guess nothing brings people together like a tragedy.

Adrian Veidt would be so proud.

Funny how this happened at a time when France and most other European countries have been experiancing an all time distrust of governments and protests against them have been happening with regularity.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
There was a rather memorable moment watching the broadcast today, a young, French Muslim woman was holding a sign saying "I am a Jew".

A young Muslim French woman held a sign that said, "I am a Jew." She told CNN's Frederik Pleitgen that she was horrified to hear of the killings, and the killers do not live according to the Islamic principles she's been taught.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
Bigger question is...

Where is president Obama?

All of those leaders there, and the leader of the free world is not?

Hello ausername!

Well, the important thing is that you, American people, always supported us the best possible way during this crisis. It's always good to know that we are among friends and that we share the same conception of freedom, tolerance and peace.

Last update: we were almost 4 millions in the whole country today and there was zero incident.

edit on 11-1-2015 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

I wouldn't say cowards but would say apathetic self absorbed and materialistic jerks is what we are. In the middle of the NFL playoffs, most are not even aware that a terrorist event took place, especially many under 30.

We are too consumed with having the latest I-Phone, a new one comes out and people will line up for weeks before just to get their hands on one. As long as we have it we are oblivious to what is happening any where else, just so we can watch that You-Boob video about a funny cat.

If it doesn't occur in our backyard why should we care is the motto and then if it does occur, its well, as long as it doesn't happen to me.

It is sad to see unity for a sports team when they win or for that matter when they lose but we are unable to get together on something so simple...basic right and wrong...and take a stand together so that perhaps someday a change can happen.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
This is likely just a start

The fundamentalists won't be impressed, there will be more attacks and this will progress.

Radically ingrained beliefs like freedom of speech vs religion are never resolved like normal political debates can be.

It begins with dialogue attempts at understanding, lack of results leads to incidents by either side, incidents leads to protests and more calls for Understanding, more incidents occur which leads to outrage, outage leads to violent protests, protests becoming violent leads to enforcement of the protests by law or military which deems protesting useless, Violence for supremacy ensues

That tide you see out there will be an army against Islam in a few years and it will be echoed across Europe, European calls that "Multiculturalism has failed" began a decade ago and have been silently growing ever since, tolerance ends for 90% of people when you can see the conflict out your window and parental and personal safety concerns begin.

This is European history the Europeans have always reacted when their identity is threatened they always will react when their identity is threatened

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: elevenaugust

I think you are missing the greater message being sent by the absence of the president, or at least VP, or Secretary of state being at the front of that march. Perhaps you will better understand that point in time.

As for the turnout, incredibly impressive for France and the world. Millions, literally.

Amazing, and does seem to restore or add new faith in humanity.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join