It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Bombing of world train centres......

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Wondering what peoples opinions on this are, was it completely wrong or can you understand the reasons why it happened

Can you also include you nationality and age as well please.




posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   


Wondering what peoples opinions on this are, was it completely wrong or can you understand the reasons why it happened


My opinion? Well let's see here, bombing of train stations with innocent civilians in attendance, hmmmm, is it wrong? Hmmmmm, let's see - YES IT'S WRONG! I don't understand either the rationale behind the acts, and frankly don't really understand the rationale of your question.

I hope you were being facetious.
Superdude, Proud to be American, late 30's.



posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I was not sure whether you meant World Trade Centre (9/11) or "train centres..." (like Madrid bombing).

Either way, they are both wrong.

Dutch, early 30's.

Blobber



posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Australian 35

Boy oh boy, about 3 million sydney folk would love to bomb our train system!


No i dont agree with killing innocent folk full stop. Any bombing is madness!

[edit on 113131p://241211 by instar]



posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Just realised i named it train stations instead of trade sorry about that people.

My opinion? Well let's see here, bombing of train stations with innocent civilians in attendance, hmmmm, is it wrong? Hmmmmm, let's see - YES IT'S WRONG! I don't understand either the rationale behind the acts, and frankly don't really understand the rationale of your question.

I hope you were being facetious.
Superdude, Proud to be American, late 30's.

Nope i wasnt trying to be facetious.
What dont you understand my question.
Well i was just thinking about the bomdings of dresden in the second world war.

These people think america is doing wrong and this centre was helping the american way of life.

Maybe they see it as the civilians working there are just as responsible.

Like the bombings of people(civilians) making arms during the war.



posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
We talking about 911, Madrid bombings or Dresden here?

All were atrocious!

911 was allegedly terrorists, either way it was diabolical.

Madrid was allegedly terrorists. Again diabolical

Dresden & the 2ND world war was on a scale that none of us could possibly imagine unless we were there.
London was bombed along with most major British ports. Britain retaliated by bombing Germany.

As for my sentiments if it was wrong are just that, my sentiments. And yes, i have to agree it was all wrong.
War is a vile way of settling disputes, but has gone on for centuries. It will not change.

You asked for age and location in your post. Why i wonder when you never left your age etc.



posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
i recall seeing the video of the madrid bombing on the news a while back, i wonder do any of you know where is the video? i remember it was pretty intense!



posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bikereddie
We talking about 911, Madrid bombings or Dresden here?

All were atrocious!

911 was allegedly terrorists, either way it was diabolical.

Madrid was allegedly terrorists. Again diabolical

Dresden & the 2ND world war was on a scale that none of us could possibly imagine unless we were there.
London was bombed along with most major British ports. Britain retaliated by bombing Germany.

As for my sentiments if it was wrong are just that, my sentiments. And yes, i have to agree it was all wrong.
War is a vile way of settling disputes, but has gone on for centuries. It will not change.






I wanted to see if opinions where different with age and location.








Well i think my location is on the side bar thing, but if you wana know my age/location it is 17 and britain.



[edit on 13/08/2004 by Fitzpatrick]



posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I dont think age has a lot to do with opinions, as everyone has their own ideas on things.

Im 40 years old and have a lot of opinions on things. Most of them will probably be cause for debate on here.

Tip for you as well seeing as though you are new here. Try not to answer withing the "quote" space. Hit the reply button instead.



Where abouts in the Uk are you?



posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fitzpatrick
Just realised i named it train stations instead of trade sorry about that people.

My opinion? Well let's see here, bombing of train stations with innocent civilians in attendance, hmmmm, is it wrong? Hmmmmm, let's see - YES IT'S WRONG! I don't understand either the rationale behind the acts, and frankly don't really understand the rationale of your question.
I hope you were being facetious.
Superdude, Proud to be American, late 30's.

Nope i wasnt trying to be facetious.
What dont you understand my question.
Well i was just thinking about the bomdings of dresden in the second world war.

These people think america is doing wrong and this centre was helping the american way of life.

Maybe they see it as the civilians working there are just as responsible.

Like the bombings of people(civilians) making arms during the war.



I will give my opinion.

After the Chinese poured their "volunteers" into North Korea, thousands of UN soldiers (mainly US) got killed and frantically they had to withdraw. General McArthur requested the permission to use nuclear weapons. US president Truman denied that request out of humane reasons.
The US knew it was losing the the war in Vietnam, yet it didn't use any nuclear weapons.

The west could have easily used WMD in many wars. But it didn't, purely out of humane reasons and the long term effect (avoiding to create a bad precedent). Another example is the war in Iraq, if the US wanted it, it could have easily carpet bombed whole cities just like in WWII. Upholding a doctrine with respect for innocent civillians, has cost many lifes on the part of western military. Is it worth it? Yes, I believe so.

When parties don't respect the lifes of innocent civillians anymore, that will be the day when we see ICBM's being launched and horrific chemical and biological weapons being used.

No matter what, all parties should respect the lifes of innocent civillians.

Blobber


[edit on 14-12-2004 by Blobber]



posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
um, terrorism's bad, uhuh....

how could anyone who is of sound mind agree with the bombing of either the WTC or trains in Spain? either subject (which ever you meant) is wrong, completely and utterly.



posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bikereddie
I dont think age has a lot to do with opinions, as everyone has their own ideas on things.

Im 40 years old and have a lot of opinions on things. Most of them will probably be cause for debate on here.

Tip for you as well seeing as though you are new here. Try not to answer withing the "quote" space. Hit the reply button instead.



Where abouts in the Uk are you?


No man i aint new i just messed up there lol. IM from bolton



posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by fledgling666
um, terrorism's bad, uhuh....

how could anyone who is of sound mind agree with the bombing of either the WTC or trains in Spain? either subject (which ever you meant) is wrong, completely and utterly.


Your adding your minds opinions to the situations. Some of the people who do these things think what there doing is right, fighting wont erradicate the problem. Would you carry on fighting ifyou were attacked but you thought what you was doing was right



posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitzpatrick

Originally posted by fledgling666
um, terrorism's bad, uhuh....

how could anyone who is of sound mind agree with the bombing of either the WTC or trains in Spain? either subject (which ever you meant) is wrong, completely and utterly.


Your adding your minds opinions to the situations. Some of the people who do these things think what there doing is right, fighting wont erradicate the problem. Would you carry on fighting ifyou were attacked but you thought what you was doing was right


of course, until i came to my senses.....



posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   

The west could have easily used WMD in many wars. But it didn't, purely out of humane reasons and the long term effect (avoiding to create a bad precedent). Another example is the war in Iraq, if the US wanted it, it could have easily carpet bombed whole cities just like in WWII. Upholding a doctrine with respect for innocent civillians, has cost many lifes on the part of western military. Is it worth it? Yes, I believe so.


What exactkly is the definition of a weapon of mass destruction. I tell you, ALMOST ALL weapons used bye the US and everyone else cause mass destruction.

As for no carpet bombing....seen any picstures or video of Falujah lately?



posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan

The west could have easily used WMD in many wars. But it didn't, purely out of humane reasons and the long term effect (avoiding to create a bad precedent). Another example is the war in Iraq, if the US wanted it, it could have easily carpet bombed whole cities just like in WWII. Upholding a doctrine with respect for innocent civillians, has cost many lifes on the part of western military. Is it worth it? Yes, I believe so.


What exactkly is the definition of a weapon of mass destruction. I tell you, ALMOST ALL weapons used bye the US and everyone else cause mass destruction.

As for no carpet bombing....seen any picstures or video of Falujah lately?



I knew someone will bring up those points- and I agree partially with you. The main difference here is that the west doesn't in general kill innocent civillians on intention. If she would do that, we would have seen millions and millions of deaths. The west does have the means to do just that: chemical, biological and nuclear.

You cannot compare Falluja with the carpet bombing of for example Dresden where approximately 100,000 Germans have died- and we are here talking about only one city.

If the US still had the military doctrine as in WWII, where carpet bombing was seen as a legitimate strategy and where there was no respect for human lifes, she could sent B52's to level Falluja, Basra, Mosul, Najaf and any other Iraqi city - but the fact is she sent ground forces to minimise the damage on civillians.

Blobber


[edit on 14-12-2004 by Blobber]



posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by fledgling666

Originally posted by Fitzpatrick

Originally posted by fledgling666
um, terrorism's bad, uhuh....

how could anyone who is of sound mind agree with the bombing of either the WTC or trains in Spain? either subject (which ever you meant) is wrong, completely and utterly.


Your adding your minds opinions to the situations. Some of the people who do these things think what there doing is right, fighting wont erradicate the problem. Would you carry on fighting ifyou were attacked but you thought what you was doing was right


of course, until i came to my senses.....


well whats the best way to teach these people a complete we wil not negotiate with you attitude or to try and talk as much as we can first.



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join