It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun owners - Have you apologised for a spree killing recently?

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

Men, and owners of penises, have you apologized for the rapes and other sexual crimes committed with penises? Why aren't men doing anything? Why are they not rallying and protesting rapists???

At least they take the legal right to own a gun away from felons who have committed crimes where they have to serve more than a year in prison. Maybe convicted rapists can be neutered.

(This post is also satire, but, I'd be ok with the neutering especially of child molesters)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: crazyewok

France is an example of why gun control does not stop these sort of things.

Please dont turn a tragedy like this into a pro gun rant.

Even in the states I dont see people walking around with RPG's or full autos. Sure they may have a concealed hand gun but Im guessing very few people go to the shops or work equipped like they are in a war zone. And quite frankly I would not not want to ever visit a country were to be safe you have to arm you self s with military equipment every time you step out doors.

There is no evidence to suggest those being legal in France would have stopped what happened.

# happens.

Control likely did to caused or would have stopped what happened.

A radical change in France's immigration policy would have helped, 20 or so years ago.

As for the other, just responding to the anti-gun types.

Fair enough.

Honesty I don't think its pro or con gun the situation.

The issue I see is why the policeman was not armed?

Most police I have seen in France ( I go there alot being only 30 mins away by train) seem to be armed.
Conversely British police who are less often armed are often armed for protection detail and not just with hand guns either but with MP5's or G36 Variants. In fact if terrorism threats are made in a area most police will be armed. Last week being a example as being near a train junction to France every policeman had a gun. So to me it seem French police have some serious deficiency when dealing with possible threats. It goes without saying if a terrorist makes a threat on a person or building they wont be attacking with kisses and hugs so arming the police for that duty is a must.
edit on 13-1-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

France is an example of why gun control does not stop these sort of things.

Please dont turn a tragedy like this into a pro gun rant.

Even in the states I dont see people walking around with RPG's or full autos. Sure they may have a concealed hand gun but Im guessing very few people go to the shops or work equipped like they are in a war zone. And quite frankly I would not not want to ever visit a country were to be safe you have to arm you self s with military equipment every time you step out doors.

There is no evidence to suggest those being legal in France would have stopped what happened.

# happens.

Control likely did to caused or would have stopped what happened.

A radical change in France's immigration policy would have helped, 20 or so years ago.

As for the other, just responding to the anti-gun types.

Fair enough.

Honesty I don't think its pro or con gun the situation.

The issue I see is why the policeman was not armed?

Most police I have seen in France ( I go there alot being only 30 mins away by train) seem to be armed.
Conversely British police who are less often armed are often armed for protection detail and not just with hand guns either but with MP5's or G36 Variants. In fact if terrorism threats are made in a area most police will be armed. Last week being a example as being near a train junction to France every policeman had a gun. So to me it seem French police have some serious deficiency when dealing with possible threats. It goes without saying if a terrorist makes a threat on a person or building they wont be attacking with kisses and hugs so arming the police for that duty is a must.

Very valid point, well said.

Quite often police in the US don't have just their pistols, but also a rifle of some sort (usually an M4/M16 variant) in their trunks for such a contingency along with ballistic armor and helmets. In the case of a repeat attack like the first, the French definitely need to field something better than a 9mm handgun.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

Yeah it is something I just dont get on how Frances police dropped the ball.

Company I worked for got a threat from some animal rights groups and we got full armed protection from the poilce in the car park and in the building for a couple of weeks until they found out the threat was harmless.

If France had done the same this would never have happened

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TheJourney

Ummm...Uff king peeople...God's be damned...peeeople...you just don't...GET it...Why can't you just...GET it?
You never...HAD it...Your never ever gonna...GET it.........

Just drop the freaking Georgia guide stones...on your non getting heads already...

Pfffftpfffftpffftpfffftpfffftpfffft...

Funny...that's all I seemed to hear...there might have been more.......................NAH...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: llpoolej

That isn't satire....

Really guys?

edit on 1/13/2015 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Nice to see people are still responding.

This thread isn't about gun control

Just so you know.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
This was pretty good.

edit on 1/13/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Cheers for that after dealing with bouts of diarrhea for 14 hours at work (not me lol) I sure needed a laugh and that made me chortle

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Could you show me where I have ever written that all peaceful Muslims should be responsible for what radicals do?

Please quote here.

edit on 13-1-2015 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore

Just so you know.

But you did choose to make an analogy on a topic that you are very biased against due to your opinion against firearms, and you in fact do want some form of gun control. I am not sure whether you did it on purpose or not, but to me it is obvious that you had more than one reason to make this analogy. It wasn't just a satirical piece.

You could have chosen many different analogies that would not have targeted a group of people you disagree with.

Whether or not you meant to make the thread entirely as a satirical piece only, it is obvious you targeted a specific group for a reason.

At least subconsciously you seem to believe that a majority of gun owners make blatant racist remarks against Muslims, which is why you chose the analogy you used in the op.

edit on 13-1-2015 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Umm....whats "my position on firearms" then?

I always love it when people tell me what my opinions are.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Umm....whats "my position on firearms" then?

I always love it when people tell me what my opinions are.

This is why guns were banned in the UK to the extent that they are..

Hungerford Massacre

It was a bloody awful event that actually shook the whole nation and I for one have no qualms whatsover about the action taken because of it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This shows that you believe banning firearms will stop such crimes, or am I wrong?

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Look, I am not saying that you posted this with a malicious intent, and you have a right to your own opinion. But, not only do you seem to be in favor of banning firearms, but subconsciously it seems that you are equating gun owners as the majority of people who hold responsible innocent muslims for what radicals do.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: llpoolej

Men, and owners of penises, have you apologized for the rapes and other sexual crimes committed with penises? Why aren't men doing anything? Why are they not rallying and protesting rapists???

At least they take the legal right to own a gun away from felons who have committed crimes where they have to serve more than a year in prison. Maybe convicted rapists can be neutered.

(This post is also satire, but, I'd be ok with the neutering especially of child molesters)

Good analogy, and i agree with you, child molesters should be neutered.

However, what about women who are child molesters as well? Unfortunately there are plenty of those too.

You see, while I don't agree that everyone should be responsible for the actions of a few, most often people make analogies with subjects in which we have a strong bias against.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Your disclaimer doesn't disclaim very clearly. What subject are you trying to get people to think on a deeper level about? Is this post a joke?

Being a Texan and avid gun owner all my life, I can simply tell you the reason the NRA and other gun owners do not protest criminals who choose to murder is because it's a waster of time. It would be like every man protesting all men who choose to rape someone. Criminals will always be criminals. Most of the time a mass shooting occurred, those weren't even thier guns. They stole them or took them from their parents. Responsible gun owners keep their weapons secured. If someone steals those weapons and uses them for evil,how is that our fault? Why don't people get the mental help they need and stop commiting crimes.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   

You are wrong.

How long did it take you to dig to find that?

As far as guns go, I live in a country that doesn't have a gun culture. I don't share the fascination with them that some people do, and I don't care much for them.

But people in other countries than mine see it differently. That's simply a random fact of birthplace. It's not my place to judge them or their laws - although I may comment from my own personal perspective from time to time.

So no, folks are welcome to their guns.

The analogy I chose was one of many I mulled over.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   

And again.... you're wrong.

So far off the beam

Why are you so desperately trying to assign things to this? It's an analogy and satire and nothing more.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   

As far as guns go, I live in a country that doesn't have a gun culture. I don't share the fascination with them that some people do

If you live in Britain, then you live in a country where defensive weapons have always been banned from commoners. I bet ya'll used to have sword bans too. And peasants didn't share the fascination with swords others had.

Ever considered that ya'll have been conditioned against firearms?
Dr.Who didn't have a high opinion of them either.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Just so you know.

Neither was my response, which you still haven't replied to, Nef...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I've twice now tried to stick within your "disclaimer rules" regarding the very real difference between the Islam/islamic radical argument and virtually any other topic which you could attempt to compare it to.

When not only the commonly held perception, but the actual written holy book of a religion contains edicts directing believers to carry out acts like the one in Paris against any who "mock, reject, or otherwise offend Islam," there absolutely is an increased onus on the nonviolent practitioners to do more than just "It's a religion of Peace."

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27 >>

join