It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Economist New 2015 Cover! Cryptic symbolism in plain sight.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

Its all a game that is all, no secrets we are just having fun with it, ty!

But it’s not all gloom: sporting and speed records could be broken, cinema-goers will delight in a new Bond movie and a new Star Wars sequel, and NASA’s New Horizons spacecraft will give us a fleeting glimpse of Pluto.

Thank you Tadaman for your response, its all about fun for me, it's like solving puzzles, see what's hidden or missing
you have a great one as well!!

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Here is my take on it, posted in earlier thread started about this subject:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Very interestingly there is a Land Rover Defender on the cover too.

2015 is the final year of a 30 year production run of the Defender.

2015 - the last year of the defender (or whatever symbolism you care to take from it)......

As for the numbers on the arrows:

The first thing that came to my mind is that they were stuck into a map and displaying earthquake magnitudes.....

MR

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Sorry, new here and not sure how to load images yet, maybe someone can help post Winston Churchill's glove. I see a KKK members head in his Glove. Could be wrong!

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Marlborough Red
Here is my take on it, posted in earlier thread started about this subject:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Very interestingly there is a Land Rover Defender on the cover too.

2015 is the final year of a 30 year production run of the Defender.

2015 - the last year of the defender (or whatever symbolism you care to take from it)......

As for the numbers on the arrows:

The first thing that came to my mind is that they were stuck into a map and displaying earthquake magnitudes.....

MR

TY MR for pointing this out and I apologize to (www.abovetopsecret.com...) for reposting this well after kismetpair927. I def agree with the EQ analogy, Japan's EQ and Tsunami were on 3/11, we shall wait til March 11 and May 11 to see if anything manifests. Totally going to keep this in myATS favs til then. Good luck and blessings to you all and thanks for participation and all replies love you, Tina. I am out, work today.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: OnlySinnersHere

That is exactly what I stated! TY for confirmation or agreement anyway, LOL, that is totally a hooded figure!

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

"Alices Cat, with a grin on its face. Like it ate the canary." canary in the coal mine. It caught them by surprise.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   
originally posted by: Emeraldous
a reply to: misskat1

"Alices Cat, with a grin on its face. Like it ate the canary." canary in the coal mine. It caught them by surprise.
Green Light:Green: The color of the Heart chakra, also known as Anahata. This chakra is located at the center of the chest area and is linked to this entire area, the heart, lungs, circulatory system, and cardiac plexus. The Heart Chakra bridges the gap between the physical and spiritual worlds. Opening the Heart chakra allows a person to love more, empathize, and feel compassion. Gemstones that will aid the Heart chakra include emerald, tourmaline, aventurine, malachite, rose quartz, and rhodonite

Read more at: www.sensationalcolor.com...-So | Sensational Color
edit on 12-1-2015 by Emeraldous because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: TM62

Emerging from behind Obama’s leg is a ghost reading a magazine entitled “Holiday”. Why is this ghost, which represents a dead person, planning a vacation? Does it represent the fact that the masses will be so impoverished that the only time they’ll be on a holiday is when they’re dead?

That was a good explanation of the ghost, I think. Scary stuff.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Anyone get anything from the 'cricket' ball or the fish?

Don't know what fish they are but maybe their name is a clue to something.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Emeraldous
TY for your post. Someone else made a great comment about how in Alice in Wonderland on one of her travels everything was opposites, yea remember when Mad Hatter or er Rabbit was having an "Un_birthday Party?"

I also found some awesome Chesire Cat quotes from the movie:

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do, some...don't ever want to.

To the royal guards of this realm, we are all victims in-waiting.

Only the insane equate pain with success.

The uninformed must improve their deficit, or die.

If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.

Alice in Wonderland Quotes
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Love these quotes, have a good evening ya'll!

edit on 12-1-2015 by TM62 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

The fish are clownfish, they were in the children's movie "Finding Nemo" not sure what their purpose on this cover, hmmm, yea weird.

The white cricket ball? I found the following info which does not seem to shed any light on anything here

"The white ball is made the same way as the red one
A cricket ball is round and hard, right? Well, not exactly.
Many players claim the white balls used for limited-overs games have more swing and more sting than the more traditional cherry-red ones.
We did a little digging to find out more...
Why were white balls introduced in the first place?
White balls are used in limited-overs matches that usually require the team batting second to play their innings under floodlights.
Under these conditions a white ball is easier to see than a red one.
Is there a difference in the way they are made?
The materials used to make cricket balls are the same now as in the 1700s.
All cricket balls are made from cork and latex rubber on the inside with leather on the outside.
But white balls show up scuffs and blemishes more than red ones.
So they have a harder-wearing coating to stop them getting dirty.
What do the manufacturers say?
Leading cricket ball manufacturers Kookaburra supply the balls for most one-day internationals.
They insist the only difference between the two types of ball is the colour.
England spinner Ashley Giles bowls under floodlights at net practice in 2003
The evening conditions can also help the ball to swing
They say the two balls are manufactured from the same materials in exactly the same way.
"The various processes that are involved in making the white ball are similar in every aspect to the way the red ball is made," said Stuart Waterton, brand manager of Kookaburra Sport UK.
"They go down the same production line with the only variation being the colour of the leather.
"A great deal of effort and emphasis is placed on ensuring that the performance characteristics of the balls are the same," he added.

They say white balls are just not the same as red ones.
They claim white balls have more sting and more swing!
They say the red ones have a more leathery texture while the glassy finish on the white version makes them behave differently when bowled.
As well as being harder (apparently six bats were broken when the New Zealand team tested the white ball out), they also swung more according to some players."

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TM62

That stuff about the 'white' cricket ball doesn't tell me anything about why it is on the cover of a mag with the rest of it.

Maybe just a red herring.

I think the 'clown-fish' have more of a reason for being there.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Someone dropped the ball, on the whole economic mess???

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

ICC cricket world cup 2015 Australia / New Zealand

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Bumping this thread instead of making a new one.

Check out this article posted after last night's attack in paris... the attack possibly being predicted in this magazine cover... crazy!

vigilantcitizen.com...

It's not obvious at first, but it's explained in the article

First, the painting next to the arrows is Leonardo Da Vinci’s La Belle Ferronière. That painting is currently located in the Louvre, in Paris.

Second, the numbers on the two arrows are 11.5 and 11.3. The Paris attacks occurred 11/13/15. The digits on the arrows can therefore be rearranged to make up the date.

The attack was claimed by ISIS. The Economist cover features an Isis-type man holding a rifle.

Looking back on this magazine cover, does anything else stand out to anyone? Can you theorize of any other possible predictions being made in this artwork?
edit on 14-11-2015 by OhOkYeah because: added question

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
To expand on that image, here is an article written on Jan 8th trying to analyze everything in the picture

vigilantcitizen.com...

Here they bring up the idea that those numbers are coordinates rather than a date

If you look up these figures as coordinates, they point to somewhere in Nigeria

Turns out, there was a massacre in Nigeria in January. This occurred quite a ways away from the proposed coordinates of 11.3/11.5, and of course doesn't take into account the painting.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
What is the only mm/dd/yy date in the year 2015 that can be made from the numbers 11.3 , 11.5 ?

You guessed it if you said 11/13/15. And what happened on that day? Paris attacks. Coincidence?

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: BionicCurtain

Flagrant

I came here to look again because 11.5 million is the number of documents leaked in the Panama Papers, but the poster above has a much more sinister view, and on arrows too, with a bunch of sand, which denotes a 'fire fight'...

Wow! Just wow!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join