It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SAS rushed in to guard our streets as Al Qaeda warns 'you're next'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

If Al Qaeda wish to fight then why don't they Man up and come at us like proper soldiers, that's if they think there hard enough!

There nothing but cowardly swine!

That's because they are far from hard enough. They attack innocent civilians, instead of meeting on the field of battle.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

You said in your OP that about 30 members of one of the most elite counter-terrorism units in the world are being deployed to "assist and promote coordination" among police forces. That doesn't mean they're taking over for them. It means they're assisting them during a time of very elevated threat levels. Assisting is a very general term, and can mean anything from sharing intelligence to training officers on what to do and what to look for an so on.

I've seen a number of your posts and I know you're a smart guy/girl. You can't really believe this is the first time SAS has helped local police during times of elevated threats, right?

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

The article makes mention of them dressing as police officers and going to suspects homes. That concerns me.

And yes I know about UK assisting police in the past but like I also said the SAS are the hammer they should only be used as a last resort.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

The article makes mention of them dressing as police officers and going to suspects homes. That concerns me.

And yes I know about UK assisting police in the past but like I also said the SAS are the hammer they should only be used as a last resort.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: PorteurDeMort

Tell you this if Al Qaeda does in anyway attempt to bring there religious war to our streets they should probably realise they picked the wrong people this time around. We have been at it for the past 500 years. We will eat them for breakfast, lunch and supper!
edit on 11-1-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

The bit about them dressing up does seem a bit of a reach to me. I'm not sure why they'd need to do that, other than not wanting to have their true identity known to the General public. My point is im not sure why they'd be going to suspects homes unless it's an all out raid with a genuine threat. So that part I can agree with you on.

I don't see much problem with them helping coordinate efforts and such. Being put into play on the streets without a specific reason or threat, I can understand your concern. I re-read your OP and understood it a bit better after I posted.

You double posted, btw

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Yet again the Uk, and Europe has recieved its dose of yearly terrorism to keep us all scared and to remind us why all those cameras and security measures are in place..

Its just an 'effing shame that all those measures and cameras never actually prevent the bloody attack in the first place..
edit on PM7Sun20151972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: andy1972

Sad fact, in some areas of our United Kingdom where racial tensions are frayed, generally in areas where refugees are located in significant numbers, those very same cameras are seldom in operation for fear of inciting public disorder. At-least that's how it is in Govanhill, Glasgow where there have been rather a significant number of rapes and homicides where CCTV evidence has been retarded or non existent due to the fact that they turn off said cameras.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

I am not entirely convinced that this article is accurate, it is the express after all.....

Seeing as the MoD never comment on Special Forces operations, I think this is simply another case of the Express doing what the Express does - make crap up, or at best, take a rumour or factoid and run it to the max, embellishing where necessary.

However, no doubt the Army as a whole are involved by extension, the SAS will be lurking about, but I highly doubt they are "on the streets" as that is a total waste of resources.

As for your fears of the Army being involved, well, the Army has always been involved in Policing since before the Police were even invented. By and large, it's never really been a problem and as others have said, I trust the Army more than the Police anyway.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Sad fact, in some areas of our united Kingdom where racial tensions are frayed, generally in areas where refugees are located in significant numbers, those very same cameras are seldom in operation for fear of inciting public disorder. At-least that's how it is in Govanhill, Glasgow where there have been rather a significant number of rapes and homicides where CCTV evidence has been retarded or non existent due to the fact that they turn off said cameras.

The sad fact is, as the probable threat is fake, the need to have the cameras, at least working, isn't necessary.
The need to maintain the fear level high, however, is.
The more fear, the more counter measures they can implement, be they liberty restricting or not.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

The UK has been dealing with Terrorism for nigh on 40 years and, in all fairness, it has hardly had an impact on our "freedoms" in the slightest.

As for the tired, old, CCTV argument - we all know that 95% of the countries CCTV has nothing to do with the Government at all.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

You keep banging on about "fear" - who's scared?

And since this Government has come in, they've actually loosened many of the security measures brought in as a result of 9/11 and 7/7.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Completely fabricated - through the SAS would righlty be the go to organisation in case of any hostage taking scenario/shootout.

They cost millions to train and their skills won't be wasted standing on street corners for 10 years for an attack to happen.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion

Quite...

Even if an attack was to happen, the first response would be from SO19 (or similar). If it became protracted, or involved multiple gunmen, regular soldiers may be involved but the SAS would only be used in specific scenarios, as you said.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

The sex offences and murders in the area are however very real and lets face it if said cameras were in operation they could very well have ether prevented the crimes in question or at least expedited the culprits being caught in the act or soon after.

What's the point in having the things if we are not going to use them for the very reason they were erected in the first place? That being the detection and prevention of crime.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: stumason

You keep banging on about "fear" - who's scared?

And since this Government has come in, they've actually loosened many of the security measures brought in as a result of 9/11 and 7/7.

Why do they feel the need to fill the tv's and newspapers with stories that tell the públic that they could be the next victims in any moment, because París was just a warm up for the Uk and América?

Just to keep everyone vigilant?

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I must have missed all that then, because all I've seen is them reporting on the incident at large, along with some speculation as the media is prone to do. I think if you think they are trying to "spread fear", it's just you wetting yourself rather them actually doing anything.

Certainly, no one I know is really giving this much thought at all.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: stumason

I must have missed all that then, because all I've seen is them reporting on the incident at large, along with some speculation as the media is prone to do. I think if you think they are trying to "spread fear", it's just you wetting yourself rather them actually doing anything.

Certainly, no one I know is really giving this much thought at all.

I live in a place called Reus, in Spain. Theres a mosque some 500 metres from my house.
That mosque has been responsable for the recruitment and sending of 100's of jihadists to Iraq.
It is also recognized as Europes largest recruitment centre for jihadists..

Reus has a population of about 106.500 people and an immigrant population of about 19.500. Of those 19.500 about 14 or 15 thousand are Morrocans or African muslims.

Reus was a meeting point for 9/11 Players like Mohamed Atta and others.
Its a known fact that many of these jihadists have now returned home to Spain and Reus. These people live in my street, drink tea in the same cafés, walk the streets where I walk with my 8 year old son every day.
I dont know who they are, but we have all seen what they can do, and what IED's do to childrens bodies.
Yes, I' m scared. I'm scared for my son, my wife, my friends.
If you don't live where these people are, your lucky.
What happened in París yesterday could happen here tommorow.
Only idiots and pyschopaths don't get scared.
edit on PM7Sun20151972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel

Regardless if either of these reports are to be believed they do suggest the SAS are becoming ever more involved in policing terrorism. Something I do not feel entirely comfortable with.

............and you are not entirely comfortable with that! Why?

Jane

Because the military do not belong on the streets or within the civilian law enforcement community of this country. Of course, given your location i'm not surprised you don't get this.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy1972
Yes, I' m scared. I'm scared for my son, my wife, my friends.
If you don't live where these people are, your lucky.

I live in the UK and have lived in Belfast in the 1980's - despite the constant and very real threat we lived under, we weren't "scared". Why exactly are you scared? The actual chances of you even being near such an event, much less being caught up in it, is minuscule. See, I was right, it's not the media/Government stoking "fear", it's just you feeling fear based on your own conceptions.

originally posted by: andy1972
What happened in París yesterday could happen here tommorow.
Only idiots and pyschopaths don't get scared.

It could, as could a meteor strike, the sun exploding, us getting hit my a GRB, North Korea launching nukes or you getting stabbed on the way home from work by a crackhead.... Do you live in fear of all that as well?

And no, it isn't true that "Only idiots and pyschopaths don't get scared". It's about assessing the actual risk, making any changes to your behaviour as required and getting on with it. You say you live in Spain, are you Spanish? I think my Avatar sums up how everyone should behave - take note.
edit on 11/1/15 by stumason because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join