It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you trust your Intuition?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

Ah, finally someone who understood that post

Thanks, littlebylittle!

At least we should all have that experience of feeling what the other feels if we know what the other thinks, right?

Now that's open for errors? Yes, the body could send out false info as well.

Well, I use everything negative taken from empathy as new strength to improve things. No one shall dare to harm my many brothers, right?

No hate - simply reasons and potential to have more fun for all in the future while getting energy from those spine places it seems. It's just important to understand why and what to do with it. No need for hurting yourself for being hurt.
But when someone is sad for illusion as reason, which I cannot fix without resistance, I focus away as well, to feel it less.
Yet, all just do what they were influenced to by their past, no one is guilty.

My feeling is of course also very limited in area size and I cannot always feel around me. Just the mind takes a lot into consideration at once in my case. I'm mainly only blindly watching and controlling the "program" of my brain by a map of the mind. I wish, I could directly see more than just light just as with eye sight rather than only feel it as the difference caused by objects and life forms in the way / as source.

The 11:11 event about all sending out at once? I don't know, it depends on where on earth you live, so other places would for example do it at 4:11 of your time. Of 200k people I have found no German with spiritual knowledge, sadly or one who is likely to run into the 11:11 thing, so I don't even try.

In Lak'ech. < 3
edit on 11-1-2015 by oneoneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

@Do you trust your Intuition?

Yes, but at times its acknowledged that the information related to my intuition may be incorrect...

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Yes. My intuition is all I can trust in this reality.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

It takes time and experience to hone your instincts and learn to trust them... I have never regretted trusting my intuition. On the other hand... Many times have I regretted NOT trusting my intuition.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

I'm rubbish at reading people. Totally hopeless in fact. Though my wife nails someone down straight away. She's rarely wrong.

The closest I could say I've come to intuition would be riding a bike. After a fair while, I just get a feel for things. I've lost count of the times I slowed down for a bend I've taken flat out only to see a tractor in the road or a cop with a speed gun. But I always trust those feelings...same as the ones telling me it's okay to wind the throttle on....Not as cool as knowing what people are thinking perhaps, but it's all I got.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Always, always trust your intuition.

Forget god, spirits, aliens etc etc. Or even what your mother taught you.

Whatever us humans have is intuition, its a natural instinct. God didn`t give it us nor little green men.

It`s something we possess naturally, for whatever reason!?

I`m soooo glad I`ve lived my life taking chances and choices i`ve made listening to my intuitive side.

It`s been a really sh@@y ride but am with the ones I love the most and happy. (ish)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

I trust it, because it has never led me astray.

There are times where I have had to question it though - For example, I might get a last-minute impulse to take a different route to work, and discover that I took my new route to help another person or be a witness to something happening.

Same goes for people - I can tell straight up if the person I am looking at will be a positive influence or something negative; I find that when they mean me harm, I get the same feeling I normally do about an environment.

-fossilera

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Yes I am someone who trust their intuition, but there is a difference between that and just being reactionary. I think it is important to know the difference and really pay attention enough to see if you are just reacting or if there is a deep rooted intuitive feeling. I think a lot of people just react without thought and call it intuition. I have done both of course because I'm human.. but I also know that the feeling I get when it is more of a deep intuitive feeling and try to remember what it feels like.

For me it is something that has no real way to be explained with words, it is a deep down knowing, just the same as you may know something about yourself deep down. Example was the night I went into labor with my oldest son. Absolutely NOTHING was happening, it was a normal day. We went to the fair, walked around, listened to music, ect.. I wandered around with my friend and out of no where I had this feeling that I couldn't describe. I explained to her that I didn't know how to explain it, but that something was different, something just changed. But alas no labor, no nothing actually. Two hours later I was heading to the hospital. I got that same feeling when my daughter died (stillborn). May 11,2000 at 10:10am (also oddly enough the exact same time of my birth.. different day mind you, but same time of day)

I got that feeling again about 12 minutes before my mom called me to tell me that my father just had a heart attack. That the paramedics and a resident cardiologist were at the house actively working on him, but they had just told her that they couldn't get a heart beat. Turns out that my 'feeling' started at the moment he had his heart attack. it was sort of a strange situation in that the cardiologist happened to be sitting at the stop light in front of my parents house when the call went through to paramedics who were down the street, who happened to be driving in the direction of my parents house a block away. They also happened to have this new compression device on that ambulance and the cardiologist happened to have a radio and heard the call. They were all at my parents house within 3 minutes of the call going through. By the time they got in and the one paramedic called time of death it was 12 minutes from that feeling I got. As I was on the phone with mom we both heard the cardiologist say "lets try this thing again" (compression device maybe?) And they got his heart going again. He was technically dead for 8 minutes.

I got that feeling at 3am when my granny took her last breath. I was in the room next to her, we knew she was dying and brought her home to my cousins for hospice. I was staying there to help. I jumped up out of a deep sleep knowing it was time somehow, went to the room just in time to see her take her last breath.

These feelings are not always bad mind you, but they have a distinctive feeling that is much different than just a reactionary feeling about something. When I feel it I automatically make sure I know that all my kids (four boys), hubby, parents, and best friend are because all of my intuitive feelings have been tied to people I am very close to.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   
There is no such thing as intuition, there is merely trial and error. Intuition is merely a convenient form of redaction based on extrapolated data which the mind has accumulated over time and stored as easy pathways to the symbolism of the world around you, as opposed to its interpretation being interlaced into pathways of doing, knowing, being, seeing, and felling, touching, etc. It's a mode of self preservation vs constants revaluation.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   
As a poker player, I use intuition constantly. Also, I get instant feedback on it. Often it involves doing something stupid that pays off anyways. Like if I just know that 6 is gonna fall on the turn to make my straight. I agree about the subconscious doing the work, I find my mind state to have the most effect. Sometimes I am far mor intuitive than other times, and the real trick is to figure out when your subconscious is trying to help you, and when it is bored, or would rather have you broke and asleep in bed.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   

The only real extent of my intuition is the ability to know that I am forgetting something, it is like a dark sinking feeling. Often at work, when I have completed a job, sometimes I get that feeling, and nine times out of ten when I review my work or when the mistake presents itself, I realise exactly what I had forgotten. I am learning to "listen" to it, and when I get that feeling, run through a list of checkpoints and double-check everything. Sometimes also, I get an "ominous" feeling, and usually it is just before something bad happens, I remember recently being concerned about my tyres for some reason, and then when I decided to check I found that there was a puncture. Often when I make certain decisions, I get the same feeling as well, however, usually I end up trapped in confusion and hastily choose the easiest option or the option that I thought to be "right" ended up being "wrong" later down the track.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I trust with my intuition. They help me know whom i should trust or not. stainless steel handrail
edit on 12-1-2015 by amberestrada because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   
stainless steel balustrade Somtimes I dont trust my intuition but they are right

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   
It might be relevant to consider what we are each referring to with the word "intuition"?

In many scientific minds, the word refers to something like "common sense", or the conclusions the mind will come to in automatic ways, based upon past experience with the material world. Like when they say "counter intuitional" in terms of some effect or mechanism- like one would expect that a ball on a slanted board would roll downwards, but if it is on a opposite slant than it appears (like "magnetic hill") than it rolls upwards, which is called a "counter intuitional" effect.

Then there are those who consider intuition something close to magical, or at least defying known physics as of yet, in which you can receive information from far away for example.

Or those that consider it something like I do, in which the subconscious is simply trying to express sensorial input received that is below the radar of our conscious mind- in which the above example of the rolling ball, one would feel "intuitively" that the ball would roll upwards before it did, not knowing why they have that feeling, but which might be due to the body picking up on the reality of the slant in relation to gravity, despite what the eyes see.
I don't consider this the same as the scientific use of the word, precisely because it often seems "irrational" precisely because it can come to conclusions which oppose the common sense expectations.

Or perhaps there are more ideas of what intuition is, which would be worth describing here!
edit on 12-1-2015 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-1-2015 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 04:24 AM
link   
An example of what I am calling an intuition-

I am standing next to a horse I am not familiar with. It's head and eyes are drooping, it is standing still.
Someone else tells me, "Go ahead! Get on! He's sweet as pie! Look at him! He's calm as can be!"

But something is telling me not to. That goes against everything I can see of this horse, and what the owner knows of this horses past behavior.

But it could be that my heart is reacting in a mimical way and speeding up, my mirror neurons are setting of hormones reflecting the ones circulating it the horses body, that are being picked up through smell, on a level I can't even perceive.
They may also be responding to the rate of breathing and blood pressure that I cannot perceive consciously.

If I follow my intuition, I refuse to get on. Someone else does, and I watch a rodeo because that horse had an internal injury in their back that was made excruciating when the person sat on it, and he lost his mind!

Nothing magic about it, but it can seem mysterious at the moment.....

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Yes I do and most times I'm correct in the first thoughts. It's understanding experience of assessing the information received however that is achieved. Nothing magic just simple willingness to analyse fast or not and make determinations.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Interesting to define the word. With regards to poker, there are many kinds. If I just know a guy is bluffing, that is often my subconscious picking up all kinds of micro information that coupled with my experience leads me to a conclusion. This is entirely different than looking down at 7 2 and just knowing you are going to hit a full house. There is no info to go on, except that perhaps you haven't seen 7s or 2s come out in a while, so they are 'due' to hit. Everyone knows that is not the way probability works, but it happens.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I feel similar to you OP. I'm aware of my intuition and I by no means ignore it. But as you said you cannot trust it fully on a whim.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

When the gods say jump, I don't ask why until after I'm already in midair. So far it has worked out for me. If it ever fails me, at least it has generated an interesting journey, and that is all I ask of my time here.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join