It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Over America, Government Officials Are Cracking Down On Preppers

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Pay those taxes and tow the line pal. Hope the governt pays well. a reply to: Nonameworks

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   
The prepper stores here are thriving, and no one bothers us.

I'd need a lot more examples to support this claim before I could really connect these dots and comment on this being some sort of coordinated plan to take out the preppers.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

They're not singling out peppers, they're singling out people that have solar and wind (now taxed) people who have water and people that grow their own food
Numerous threads on the subject.
edit on 11-1-2015 by arrakis624 because: next contender

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Nonameworks

You are making no sense whatsoever. A law is a law only if the majority accept it. Its the minority off people that wish to enforce their belief on the majority that is the problem these days. BTW its raining here.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
This is from 2012

Man Sentenced to 30 Days for Catching Rain Water on Own Property Enters Jail
August 8, 2012 - 6:03 PM

Got anything more recent?

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
'Traditionally, western water law has prohibited capturing rain or meltwater from roofs...'westernresourceadv

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: AK907ICECOLD

Yes, I believe there was a lady that was told to destroy her garden in the front yard somewhere in NYC or be arrested. She wasn't breaking any laws either. It was a older ATS thread

It happened in Canada as well, though I think it was overturned and they got to keep the garden....

Personally, I believe that to tell me I must destroy my garden (aka the source of my food) is a direct threat to my life and the lives of the ones I feed with food from said garden.......and if it ever happens to me, I will meet that direct threat to my life with appropriate force and while I may die in the process, it will be known that I will not bow down and beg for food from those attempting to fully enslave me.

I would rather die.
......but I will fight.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I agree.
It seems it has more to do with nosy, over-zealous control freaks in power in certain places in this country (and abound really)....

I can actually understand the rainwater thing, in certain places. There is a reason for it and it actually makes some sense if one doesn't knee jerk react and actually takes a look at the line of reasoning. In other places, not so much.

Hell, I collect rainwater all over my property...About 8 big barrels, to be exact. I've never been bothered.

I also grow certain things very near the road in small pots, I set out tomato plants in my front yard, and I have a very large garden further onto my property. I can, I hunt, etc etc etc.....all those "prepper" things.

I am yet to be bothered......(though that doesn't mean others haven't)...

I just refuse to live in a place where sh#t like that is allowed to persist.
You pull that "take down this garden" crap here.....there will be guns pointed at your head, of that I am certain. ANNNDD that is why it DOESN'T happen here.

Sometimes, show of force is the ONLY way to get the megalomaniacs to back the hell off!

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
This is an old story from 2012, it seems that he wasn`t merely collecting rainwater apparently he was diverting streams into 3 reservoirs that he had on his land.
There`s a big difference between collecting a little rainwater for personal use and making lakes.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: SurrenderingAmerica

If officials want the water so bad drown them in it....

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Exactly.

I figured most [of the rational posters] here would know that, so I didn't bother to elaborate....just a passing mention that there is, indeed, a difference. It's also about his geographic location.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Ready.gov. ..and FEMA...each provide us with all kinds of prep info, disaster prep and materials.. ..on how to be prepared.

MS
EMT/ERT
CERT/FEMA
D/H/SEC

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

The guy in question did more than just collect rainwater. He had 3 reservoirs. He collected more than 13 MILLION gallons not a couple hundred.

There is prepping and there is theft. Having a system to purify and store drinking water is quite different than storing enough water to water a small town. I don't think the authorities should crack down on a couple hundred gallons but I thoroughly agree with this guys arrest and detention.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

So for him to make constitutional claims is just ignorance

Pretty much like almost every other conservative claim of oppression. Can we just change the name of this site to
"Rightwinghate.com?"

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: andr3w68

Since when is collecting rain water a crime? My guess is because then they cant tax you or make you pay for it in any way.

This is going too far. How much more are people going to sit back and take? Are they going to start arresting people for having gardens next?

everybody calm down....do some research and get the details.....he was building dams to divert water that normally flowed into river tributaries, and he had three of them....its wasn't like he was collecting a couple of thousand gallons of rainwater for his own personal use, he had three huge dammed up ponds...that's what he got fined for.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Nonameworks

FAIL!

Every time there is a story where someone is arrested over a questionable law, posters like you are quick to write something like "The law is the law and the person broke it".

Some just can not grasp the reality that we live in where many laws are unjust. A great man once said "It is every citizen's moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws!"

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

I can name a plethora of large business that continue to do the same thing.

They will never face any criminal trial.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Although there are reasons for this, there are more subtle ways to collect water. Especially in places where it is not allowed to collect it.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
UK law is that water companies own the rainwater as it ends up in the sewerage/drainage system and gets treated. Early 90s, an old woman who lived in remote area collected rainwater as her only water source, and believed she didn't have to pay water rates. Which was when it became known that water companies own the rain

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I know, I'm American Indian Brother

And they are not exempt from all laws. My Grandmother and cousins still live on one down south
edit on 11-1-2015 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join