It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Over America, Government Officials Are Cracking Down On Preppers

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   

All Over America, Government Officials Are Cracking Down On Preppers

America was built by people that loved their families, worked hard and were self-sufficient.
Now our government is specifically targeting those kinds of people.
What in the world is happening to us?

No matter how hard you adhere by policy - - it never measures up.

Man Sentenced to 30 Days for Catching Rain Water on Own Property Enters Jail

“They’ve just gotten to be big bullies and if you just lay over and die and give up, that just makes them bigger bullies, Harrington said in an interview two weeks ago with CNSNews.com.

"We as Americans, we need to stand on our constitutional rights, on our rights as citizens and hang tough. This is a good country, we’ll prevail,” he said.

You can be clean as a whistle but - - there's always something.

-* Is this over-stepping boundaries or reasonable?

::edit:: what can we do - or- protect our self-sufficient ways::

edit on 11-1-2015 by SurrenderingAmerica because: help

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: SurrenderingAmerica

Since when is collecting rain water a crime? My guess is because then they cant tax you or make you pay for it in any way.

This is going too far. How much more are people going to sit back and take? Are they going to start arresting people for having gardens next?

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: andr3w68

Yes, I believe there was a lady that was told to destroy her garden in the front yard somewhere in NYC or be arrested. She wasn't breaking any laws either. It was a older ATS thread

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: AK907ICECOLD

Cody Ludien from the Discovery Channel that wrote a book. Explains how he collect water of the roof of his "hobbit house" as he creatively put it. It's a good book.

He hasn't been arrested, but he does live on a Reservation.. Maybe he's exempt? Who knows...

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Stupid officials unable to use common sense should'nt keep their jobs.
edit on 11-1-2015 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Stupid officials unable to use common sense should keep their jobs.

Huh? You mean "should not", right

edit on 11-1-2015 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:55 AM
link   
It hurts big brothers feelings when people are able to take care of themselves .. cant have that.. so big brother clamps down on them.. all for their own good of course after all big brother takes care of everyone...

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   

First they came for the gun owners. And I did not speak out, because I was not a gun owner
Then they came for the homeless. And I did not speak out, because I was not homeless
Then they came for the self sufficient. And I did not speak out, because I was not self sufficient

Then they came for me. And there was nobody left to speak out for me.

(My adaptation of the poem "First they came..." by Martin Niemöller)

It's happening whether people want to believe it or not. Democracy is a lie. We are not free

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: AK907ICECOLD
Reservations are allowed their own laws/rules ..

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   
You should probably do some research before making wild claims. This man had three massive man made ponds totaling some 13 million gallons of water. 13 million gals of waterclaims It is by the way legal to collect rain water in Oregon with out permits. But in massive ways as he did you have to have permits

The bigger story here is that rainwater collection is indeed kosher in Oregon, provided that you’re capturing it from an artificial, impervious surface such as a rooftop with the assistance of rainwater barrels. But an extensive reservoir set-up complete with 10- and 20-foot-tall dams is verboten without the proper, state-issued water-right permits — after all, Oregon law dictates that water is a publicly owned resource — and Harrington did not possess said permits.
Yes we do have constitutional rights to have water but not to break the laws. He also has a constitutional right to try to change the law so he's not breaking them. He also could have gotten a permit. He did none of those things. So for him to make constitutional claims is just ignorance which we ATS,ERS deny.
edit on 11-1-2015 by Nonameworks because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-1-2015 by Nonameworks because: Improper quote format

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Silicis n Volvo

Good post. First they came for the gun owners and got their heads blown clean off their shoulders should be the american version. Inhere in Australia not many people have guns. But we have wills and fists of iron. If our government started this # half the population would die.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Nonameworks

It falls out of the sky. Its free. Good on him for not wasting it. Would you like to see my permit to fill my house with oxygen? Or would yo like to tax the co2 I'm breathing out?
edit on 11-1-2015 by arrakis624 because: because of government sympathisers

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   

The trigger used to get you angry over this business is the term of "collecting rainwater." A simple term that conjures up thoughts of a barrel situated under your rain gutter drain. But it ain't that simple. Usually the case where that term is implied is one where the "offender" has damned, impounded or controlled, a rainwater run off area such as a stream that deprives a "downstream" recipient of that water. I'm not getting into any "rights or wrongs" here, merely trying to defuse overly radical commentary.
edit on 11-1-2015 by Aliensun because: changed "former" to "downstream."

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: arrakis624
Im not talking about oxygen. I'm talking about breaking the law. Which is what he did. Yes water is free if you collect it in accordance with the law. What do you not understand about that?

link   
a reply to: Aliensun

I think were kinda past that now. Have you been to the hoover dam? Its in a desert. Logic dictates that once his ponds are full the water table will continue as it always has. Are you suggesting we jail beavers? Please. Come on. How do you think farms work? You like food, right?

link   

The interference into people's lives by government is more than we actually elected them to carry out.

Isn't it time we turned the table to face the correct way and gave politicians our agenda and the policies we want then told them to stick to what the people who ultimately pay for their fat ar--s to sit on these priviledged and powerful seats require from their politicians. Not corporations needs, Israel's needs and protection for financial criminals etc.

In the UK we are seeing the erosion of our middle class because we threaten, by education and intelligent questioning and actions politicians clear run of authority. If you are too ignorant to question, then yuou are helpless and that is why education levels have been falling on both sides of the pond. Fortunately its not quite so bad in parts of the eu and asia, but that doesn't help us by the pond, does it?

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I guess a log that blocks a stream should be jailed. How much will it cost the tax payers to house and feed that log? The guy is catching a shed load of water, fair enough. Do you realise how much of that would go down a storm water drain in a storm? You're laws are for subjects, not free people.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: arrakis624
Did you even read the link I provided? Or just here trying to troll for an argument? Only thing you're proving is that sense doesn't make sense to unsensible people. Anyway I'm done replying to such nonsense. Gooday Sir. I have other things to do with my life.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   

And how long will it be before the government is telling you how much air you can breathe? Don't go over your quota or you'll have to pay tax. Then the quotas get smaller and smaller. And then you realise you're a slave.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

It seems they are singling this man out. I hope my grandkids dont get caught collecting rain on their tongues.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join