It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Twist: Charlie Hebdo Police Investigator Turns Up Dead, ‘Suicided’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 04:48 AM
link   

As the dust settles from this week’s terror extravaganza in France, more loose ends are turning up (or being tied up), with this latest bizarre bombshell which is already fueling speculation as to the covert nature of the Charlie Hebdo false flag affair.

At the time of his death, police claim to have not known the reason for his alleged suicide. This was reflected in their official statements to the media: “It is unknown at this time the reasons for his actions”. However, a back story appears to have been inserted simultaneously, most likely from the very same police media liaisons, who then told the press that Fredou was ‘depressed and overworked’. For any law enforcement officer in France, it would seem rather odd that anyone would want to miss the biggest single terror event the century, or history in the making, as it were.

New Twist: Charlie Hebdo Police Investigator Turns Up Dead, ‘Suicided’

I don't know how relevant this is to the overall picture developing in Paris, but this is certainly a strange case.

Helric Fredou was involved in the investigation of the Charlie Hebdo murders and had been assigned to investigate one of the victims family. Apparently he then went back to the police hotel and shot himself before completing the report. He didn't leave a note or anything to suggest why he decided to end his own life, but the authorities are blaming depression and burnout.

In November 2013, a similar event occurred when another SRPJ investigator committed suicide, but on that occasion a note was left and 'personal reasons' were cited.

It'so not being reported in the MSM for some reason, but there is a link to the original report (in French) in the article.

So, coincidence or something more sinister?

edit on 11/1/15 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

+17 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Probably uncovered something he shouldnt have, like....oh I dunno, it was a staged attack by NATO?

+18 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

In the French news, they mention him having bouts of severe depression. Realistically, I think he found the responsibility of the investigation and events too much to cope with. Shortly before the suicide, he'd returned from meeting the family of one the victims. This may have been a tipping point for him.

It's awful how much an act of hatred can resonate through families and communities. This poor guy is another victim and he also leaves behind family. Terrible events seem to have unforeseen consequences for weeks and years after they happened.

ETA - last year in the same offices, another officer committed suicide in the same way. Fredou was the man who found the body and suicide note. Lots of tragedy here...
edit on 1.11.2015 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Dabrazzo

Possisbly, with the rhetoric leaning to an attack on Syria, that could be the case. Or maybe Mossad? It seems Israel would benefit nicely from that result.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

I appreciate what you are saying, but if that is the case then they should have had procedures in place to ensure he was not put in such a position. Here in the U.K, if you want to become a Police officer, you have to disclose any bouts of depression.

If it was indeed due to depression and the authorities knew about this, then his death could have been prevented. He should have been withdrawn from duties and most definitely not had access to a gun. But not only did allow him to continue his duties, he was put in charge of investigating such a high profile case. That to me, does not make sense.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Depression is a feature in many professions and some of the stuff police deal with probably doesn't help either. It's also possible to disguise symptoms of severe depression and I know that because I've done it myself once or twice. Before seeking treatment, not a soul in my life had any idea.

His colleagues might have been concerned that he was just showing signs of stress. If he kept it buttoned down, they'd be none the wiser and more likely to leave him to it. His temperament might have been a factor that made him an officer worth promoting to that level.

I see where you're coming from. I guess the protocols can't catch everything.

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

In the French news, they mention him having bouts of severe depression. Realistically, I think he found the responsibility of the investigation and events too much to cope with. Shortly before the suicide, he'd returned from meeting the family of one the victims. This may have been a tipping point for him.

It's awful how much an act of hatred can resonate through families and communities. This poor guy is another victim and he also leaves behind family. Terrible events seem to have unforeseen consequences for weeks and years after they happened.

ETA - last year in the same offices, another officer committed suicide in the same way. Fredou was the man who found the body and suicide note. Lots of tragedy here...

What are the odds the French police leadership would put a man with mental issues on one of the biggest cases in the history of France?

They would not do this....... something does not add up dear readers around the world.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   

But that is where the problem lies. They claim his suicide was a result of depression and burnout, yet still allowed him to continue investigating such a high profile case. If he hid it, and I have also hid bouts of depression from family and colleagues, then why were they so quick to lay claim to the fact it was depression that resulted in suicide?

No suicide note, just claims that he had suffered from depression and burnout.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I have also been reading he had depression.

Helric Fredou, 45, suffered from depression and experienced burn out. Shortly before committing suicide, he met with the family of a victim of the Charlie Hebdo attack and killed himself preparing the report.

Link

But then again if you are wanting to cover up a conspiracy its pretty easy to say "ahhh yeah the guy with the mental health problems.... killed himself".

BUT......

There is nothing to prove that was not the case, all we have is a suspicion and there is very little in the way of evidence to prove it to be correct. If he was a officer working on any other case we would not think anything off it.

Its interesting, it could turn into something even more interesting but I won't be holding my breath expecting to find the smoking gun in this sad story.

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I will say it again what are the odds the French leadership would put a mentally unstable officer on one of the biggest cases in the history of France..............It would not happen. They would want only the top tier officers handling this for obvious reasons.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   

I'm not claiming this is the 'smoking gun', just find it odd that there was no note left by Helric Fredou, yet they have been very quick to suggest he had suffered bouts of depression and burnout, but not put on medical leave. In fact he was given the job of leading the investigation. A very strange set of circumstances, culminating in the death of this highly regarded officer.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   

He was 44 years old, single and had no children. He worked in Limoges, approx 400km south of Paris. He started his career in 1997, and had become more than just a simple cop, for 2 years he has been head of the police station of Cherbourg (population 40k), since then he got promoted and was until his death number 2 of the judiciary police (a service of investigators which works closely with the justice system) for the whole region around Limoges and Limoges itself.

For all these reasons, I don't think he would have killed himself because of the overwhelming emotion that he felt, if he felt any. I think you are painting your own emotions on him.

They say he was investigating the Charlie Hebdo case and went to see one of the victim's family, but they say "between other investigations". He was not a 'foot soldier', he had men to do day to day work for him and the 'asking questions around' stuff. Before he killed himself, he waited for his team to come back to the station and they had a debriefing, he killed himself a couple hours after that, around 1am. One year before that, his predecessor who was the same age and had the exact same role, also killed himself and this one left a letter in which he said among other things "I am not feeling up to the task".

link   

This is a sad development but I think it's probably the scale and brutality of the event that pushed him over the edge rather than any conspiracy.

In November 2013, the Commissioner Fredou had discovered the lifeless body of his colleague, number 3 of SRPJ Limoges, who had also committed suicide with his service weapon in his office. He was also 44 years old. The Commissioner Fredou, like all agents SRPJ worked yesterday on the case of the massacre at the headquarters of Charlie Hebdo . In particular, he surveyed the family of one of the victims. He killed himself before completing its report. A psychological cell was set up in the police station.
france3-regions.francetvinfo.fr...

RiP

link   

It seems Israel would benefit nicely from that result

Oh yes mate no doubt, and it wouldnt come as much of a surprise considering the scale of Israeli terrorism throughout the world.

Israel tells France it was 'deeply disappointed' by vote at UN

Israel on Friday formally expressed its “deep disappointment” to France for voting on Tuesday for a Palestinian resolution at the UN Security Council calling for a full IDF withdrawal to the pre-1967 lines by the end of 2017.

As for Syria, you know it really is a strange one, Frances 38,000t, nuclear-powered aircraft carrier Charles De Gaulle was announced a day prior to this event to be heading to the Gulf to combat ISIS apparently.

And yet news reports made a point of stating the gunmen kept saying they were from Al-Qaeda Yemen.

This also happened the same day in Yemen

Car bomb kills more than 30 at Yemen police academy

Last month when ISIS were all the rage I made a response to some American propaganda piece about ISIS, joking if anyone remember where Al-Qaeda had gone, as if they had somehow gone out of fashion.

Like most things though mate, we'll never really know the truth, theres a reality running parallel and most definitely entirely seperate to the one we experiance thats for sure anyway.
edit on 11-1-2015 by Dabrazzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

His position of responsibility might have made him increasingly secretive about depression. Also a lot of males who become depressed don't realise they are either. I can think of several reasonable explanations why he opted for suicide. Until the inquest, we can't even be certain that the suicide is related to the Hebdo case.

The French press are reporting historical depression whereas the conspiracy-minded sites and some English news sites are implying it was ongoing depression. As far as I can tell through the French sites, there was no awareness of present depression.

I have to say that 'false flag' or suicided aren't likely causes of his death in my opinion. It's inevitable that others will believe otherwise and that's part of life too.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth

I will say it again what are the odds the French leadership would put a mentally unstable officer on one of the biggest cases in the history of France..............It would not happen. They would want only the top tier officers handling this for obvious reasons.

No its not!

Depression does not make one "mentally unstable"

I have worked with loads of people who have depression or have had at some point in their lifes,

your attitude is why mental health gets such bad stigma.

1 in4 of us will have a mental health issue at some point, thats 1 in 4 of the entire population, society would stop working if we said that 1 in 4 people could not hold certain jobs because they have depression or some other mental illness.

Its not like he was a paranoid schizophrenic in the middle of having a total break down as they assigned him the job. He was depressed, he had a very stressful job, probably half the guys in his office had depression.
edit on 11-1-2015 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: gosseyn

Sure. I might be 'painting' my own emotions here. The thing is, what I'm arguing is reasonable and doesn't require mystification of ordinary events. The man had historical depression, he had a tough job, a colleague killed himself, he found the body etc. These are all extenuating circumstances that could trigger suicide in someone who is predisposed to death.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:58 AM
link   
He had severe depression. The stress and the horror of what happened could easily have pushed him past the edge into suicide. I see no conspiracy here and I highly doubt he was murdered. Let this be a learning lesson about how much people with depression suffer unseen from the rest of society.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Yeah....Bull# this guy committed suicide. This is in your face black ops. It's down right sick and screwed up the lengths these bastards go to destroy the world.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Wont someone think of the children???

Apperently when David Kelly (weapons expert) was assassin- I mean committed "suicide" the mainstream media were also quick to point out his history of depression.

Im sure its all coincidence of course.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join